Free Agency Stephen Coniglio

Where do you think he will play in 2020 and beyond?

• GWS

Votes: 61 12.1%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 179 35.4%
  • Carlton

Votes: 185 36.6%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • West Coast

Votes: 27 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 40 7.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think thats a good call from Coniglio but pretty much ends Patton's time at the GWS
He's probably not even Best 22 at this point anyway. Tomlinson would be a bit of a blow if cap pressures force him out though.

How much of a salary dump?

Are you suggesting the Hawks will pay 100% of the 2020 contract sum?

Think GWS will be lucky to be only paying half.
I bet some clubs will be desperate enough to pay the whole sum.

He’s staying at GWS.

His management let Port know this afternoon.

I’m assuming they informed the other clubs also.
One should never assume.

Turboman1994

Club Legend
WCE Wings Guernsey
Jul 24, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Whispers and a couple of footy heads I know seem very confident that Cogs will stay with GWS.

Reckon this gets done soon

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Do people really think GWS' list is that much better than everyone else's?

Treloar, Shiel, Lobb, Adams, Scully, Smith, Wilson, Hoskin-Elliott, Marchbank, Kennedy, Setterfield etc. all play for other teams. Steve Johnson, Joel Patfull, Ryan Griffen retired. Heath Shaw and Brett Deledio will retire soon enough.

TylerDurden

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap
Mar 5, 2007
Lou's Tavern
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Do people really think GWS' list is that much better than everyone else's?

Treloar, Shiel, Lobb, Adams, Scully, Smith, Wilson, Hoskin-Elliott, Marchbank, Kennedy, Setterfield etc. all play for other teams. Steve Johnson, Joel Patfull, Ryan Griffen retired. Heath Shaw and Brett Deledio will retire soon enough.

It's still the best list in the comp. Bar none.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
It's still the best list in the comp. Bar none.

One wonders why the best they could muster in 2018 was 6th, then. That was before Shiel, Lobb and Scully left. They still had Smith and Wilson in 2017 and came 4th. When they made a home prelim in 2016 they still had all those guys plus Stevie J, Patfull, Mumford v1.0 and Griffen.

I think the list is massively overrated. It's strong no doubt and they are a top 4 side for a reason, but they're not the Man City of the AFL. More like a poor man's Golden State Warriors. Great top end but light on depth.

HurleyHepsHird

Ghost Stories for the End of the World
Oct 2, 2011
Between the Lines
AFL Club
West Coast
One of the few mids who matches offensive output and talent with defensive efforts and impact.
Giants will keep him, but it will cost them a hell of a lot, or maybe it has already?
Him, Yeo and Shuey are three of my favourites.

He doesn't have the same tackle numbers, for example Yeo is a beast, but he is accountable, runs defensively, pressures, does the team things like block etc. Like those two he is a serious offensive weapon.

HurleyHepsHird

Ghost Stories for the End of the World
Oct 2, 2011
Between the Lines
AFL Club
West Coast
Good news for GWS, but holy crap their TPP must be as tight as a ducks arse.
Yeah it's pretty suss at this point and unless Kelly takes a big haircut, they lose him or Patton and a youngster. I guess it's what they have done so far. Trade out talented youngsters that aren't best 22 every week for picks, lose a star every year or two and bring in the odd mid ranger.

Just think, Finlayson and Taylor will soon be demanding big pay raises.

Then you have guys like Himmelberg, Hopper and Taranto that will be angling for big contracts in the future and finally young blokes such as Bonar and Caldwell that will come out of their rookie contracts in a year or two. Not to mention all the big guns already on that list. But they made the right decision, Coniglio or Kelly were worth far more than Shiel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back