Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I'd be very happy for him to remain in Canada for the term of his natural life.
Cheers. I’m in Canberra and I was on Marcus Clark street racking my brains to recall what Marcus Clark did to deserve a street

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
https://www.melbournefc.com.au/news...ZU5vM09w3VAS_vdBppIsyfhVw5aWioJrm-Bb5EWVHGEBU
I see Sparrow has just picked up a casual 8-10 week (so season ending) knee injury without much of a mention ... in spite of apparently having surgery on it two weeks ago, this is the first mention of it I can find.

I'd have thought at this point, Misson wouldn't even need to pack up his house on his own, I reckon we could find an army of Dees fans keen to see him leave the country as quickly as possible.

https://www.melbournefc.com.au/news...ZU5vM09w3VAS_vdBppIsyfhVw5aWioJrm-Bb5EWVHGEBU
I see Sparrow has just picked up a casual 8-10 week (so season ending) knee injury without much of a mention ... in spite of apparently having surgery on it two weeks ago, this is the first mention of it I can find.

I'd have thought at this point, Misson wouldn't even need to pack up his house on his own, I reckon we could find an army of Dees fans keen to see him leave the country as quickly as possible.
Lol ******* shafted with Sparrow. Closest thing we've had to a first rounder since 2015. Looked decent playing out of position in R1, team plays like s**t R2 and he gets dumped, we don't hear anything about him in the VFL and now he won't play again this year. At this stage I wouldn't be surprised if he never played for the MFC again with our luck.

pjfairbairn

AFL Premiership Supporter, 2021
Feb 21, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Melbourne will soon start its search for new fitness chief to replace David Misson

Jay Clark, Herald Sun
Subscriber only

Arsenal is set to part ways with Australian fitness boss Darren Burgess, making him a top target for Melbourne. Burgess is set to leave the English Premier League club after two years serving the Gunners as director of high performance.

It is expected the highly-rated strength and conditioning guru will be quickly targeted by other top overseas soccer and basketball clubs.

But Melbourne is also searching for a new head of high performance and would pull off a massive coup if it could tempt Burgess into a return home to Australia.

It is unclear if Burgess wants to return to working in the AFL. Burgess was released from his contract at Port Adelaide in 2018 to move to Arsenal.

He is considered one of Australia’s top team fitness experts. He also worked at Liverpool in 2010-2012 before joining the Power.

The Demons will soon ramp up their search for a new fitness boss after completing a review of the club’s medical and conditioning departments.

David Misson will depart Melbourne at season’s end to move to Canada with his family.

Carlton poached Hawthorn’s head of fitness Andrew Russell in the pre-season after initially looking to sound out some of Russell’s lieutenants.

Melbourne has endured a horror run of injuries since the end of last year which have contributed to its disastrous start to the season.

But the bulk of those injuries have been a combination of shoulder, foot and knee problems rather than soft-tissue setbacks.

Nathan Jones suffered a back-related issue in the pre-season while Steven May hurt his groin after arriving for pre-season training out-of-shape.

Jake Melksham is the latest star player who has been sidelined for a significant period after suffering a setback with his foot injury.

The gun forward, who went back on the ground with the injury late in the win over Gold Coast, is still listed as five or six weeks away.

Defender Neville Jetta is also listed as six to eight weeks away as he recovers from his knee problem.

[IMG='width:594px;']https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/78b9b841f562ed14fea3ddc21e9f3c1f?width=1024[/IMG]

Widely considered a premiership front runner at the start of the season, the Demons have failed this season, with only three wins to sit third-last on the ladder.

Last-placed Carlton has a better percentage (77.3 per cent) than the Demons (76 per cent).

President Glen Bartlett said the glut of post-season surgeries and interrupted preseason training programs made for a challenging start to the season.

“Our footy department has been very upfront and we get briefed (on the training loads),” Bartlett said.

“We assess regularly on how we are going, how we can improve and what needs to change.

“So it (tough start) wasn’t a surprise, but look I’m frustrated and very disappointed to be 3-9 because I still feel we have had plenty of opportunities to win quite a few more games.”

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...n/news-story/e1880c6e1a5286db86f81d89583c91f0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back