David King.......no more!

Yeah you have never been wrong in your life, a bit like your hero James Hird

Is “ grow up “ your go to response when you are shown up .
I don't think you're likely to find out any time soon.

Oct 19, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Heat
I'm getting quite sick of seeing regular interestingly titled articles in the Foxsports app just for the opening sentence to be "David King/Brendan Goddard says..."

Ugh!

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm getting quite sick of seeing regular interestingly titled articles in the Foxsports app just for the opening sentence to be "David King/Brendan Goddard says..."

Ugh!
Yep, existing just to create articles for ad revenue.

Goddard and Montagna have to be the most pissweak ex-players in the media right now. Being rolled out for hot takes on AFL Tonight is embarrassing. They're so clearly on training wheels.

Mighty Eagles

Premiership Player
Mar 31, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
King started off alright.

Now he just tries too hard. Fox's expert commentators need to just naturally analyse the game without trying to hype each moment as the best/worst thing going around, and each player as the 'next big thing'.

Riewoldt is a good example of who isn't excruciating for them.

Jun 9, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
BD05D68A-3B3B-43BB-A16F-A5BD1FA35453.jpeg

jim_shoes

Club Legend
Mar 22, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Bangles, Chelsea, Australia
Anytime david king is on commentary this season ill be ether watching on mute or turning off. Today was putrid!

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
A while ago on SEN, King clarified his infamous tip before the 2014 Grand Final, where he said that the Swans would win by 68 points.
He said was late replacement on the Fox Footy Grand Final preview show. Not long before the program, the producer called him to ask him for his tip so they could organise the graphics, and David said, "the Swans."
Producer: "By how much?"
King: "eh, I dunno; Maybe 6 to 8 goals."

He reckons that the first time his saw this graphic was when it popped onto the screen as he was giving his tip. Ok, 8 goals is still a big margin, but obviously not as big as 11 goals 2.
As has been said on here: to be fair, pretty much everyone tipped Sydney, but not by that much.
Good story, grandpa :grinv1:

GEmGJDR.jpg

Last edited:
Back