Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 5, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast Wonders, GSW Bandwagoner
81EA8CB4-B180-4A6C-BFFB-0428467E9BB6.jpeg

Did McGovern and Hurn both hurt their hammies? If so, its an incredible scoop by fox, otherwise they got the wrong person.

Mar 7, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Everton FC
It was because of comments like from Chris Scott saying he wouldn't take his kids to games at Subiaco, our free kick differential being above the others, and our well known hostile home crowd. In the end I don't think Adam Goodes ever singled out West Coast specifically but it is sad to think we were part of the problem that caused him to retire prematurely.

He retired at 35. I would hardly say that was premature.

Mar 7, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Everton FC
Re Goodes I think we have a tendency as humans to think in black and white. It’s either racist to boo or it was just purely his on field actions.

Most likely it is somewhere in the middle.

I can understand him being upset and thinking it was a racist attack but I can understand people who booed him because of his on field actions not liking it when they are accused of being racist and told to stop because someone is taking it as racist.

I met Goodes when he was doing a corporate speaking gig. He was very nice and charming to chat to prior to the event. However once he got on stage his whole demeanor changed and his presentation was very self pitying. I honestly walked away very bemused by the whole thing.

It was odd.

From my first Eagles game my dad taught me not to boo players ever, but it's okay to boo umpires. So on one hand I can safely say that I never booed Goodes or any other player.

On the other hand, those under-paid, under-appreciated dogs that officiate the game have copped a fair gobful over the journey.

Typing it out I'm not sure if I learnt the right thing or not. :$

He retired at 35. I would hardly say that was premature.

Was still in good form in his last season - played 21 games and was doing better than in his second last season.

Definitely gave it away rather than being pushed. Age didn't cause Goodes to lose his impact, a bit like Brent Harvey.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/a...arlton-board-critic-garry-lyon-ng-b881220072z

Judd is a flogbean but this is amusing.

“This is two weeks ago, Chris Judd said definitively with no grey area, ‘Brendon Bolton is not getting sacked. We are planning like he is the long-term coach of the footy club’.

“Lie to us all you want, but don’t get sh*tty when we don’t believe you.

“I’m holding them to account for what they said two weeks ago.

“When you back your man in unequivocally and then two weeks later you sack him, the right thing would be to go.”

Judd hit back on Footy Classified, taking a personal shot at his childhood hero.

“That’s all right. Garry’s entitled to his opinion. You won’t be surprised, I don’t look at him as a shining light on how I should act,” Judd said.

:clapping:

Doashuey

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Team of the Week shenanigans- this is where the bar is set:

Tim Kelly was very good but his teammate Patrick Dangerfield just edged him out. Jeremy Cameron rolled on in what has been a stellar season, bagging five goals against Gold Coast, as did Ben Brown, while Jack Darling did one better. Only twice in 10 games has Adelaide's Tom Lynch had fewer than 20 disposals. Robbie Gray had been subpar by his relatively high standards this year, but looked on another level as Port Adelaide cruised to victory over St Kilda.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Funny how they have gone from talking us down to completly ignoring us or giving us minimal exposure.

Skimmed through talking footy and FC and combined they spent a minute on us.

I'll don't like. Please talking how s**t we are.

Also Watson said that Walters was the most clutch player in the comp atm.

LOL * off. I'll give the pies one but the Lions wasn't overly clutch.

David Mundy is way more clutch than walters.

Yippy Yi Yeo

Premiership Player
Jul 10, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Funny how they have gone from talking us down to completly ignoring us or giving us minimal exposure.

Skimmed through talking footy and FC and combined they spent a minute on us.

I'll don't like. Please talking how **** we are.

Also Watson said that Walters was the most clutch player in the comp atm.

LOL **** off. I'll give the pies one but the Lions wasn't overly clutch.

David Mundy is way more clutch than walters.
Dom Sheed says hi

EagleEgo

Club Legend
Jun 3, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
https://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-06-0...hall-of-fame-the-three-best-players-i-coached

I found this piece of information in the AFL Website today about Malthouse HoF honour:
Mick Malthouse – 2019 Australian Football Hall of Fame inductee
BORN SEPTEMBER 17, 1953
Playing career April 28, 1957
Games played 174 (53 for St Kilda, 121 for Richmond)
Player honours VFL Premiership player (1980)
Coaching career Footscray (1984-89), West Coast (1990-99), Collingwood (2000-11), Carlton (2013-15)
Games coached 718 (135 for Footscray, 243 for West Coast, 286 for Collingwood, 54 for Carlton)
Coaching honours Three-time AFL Premiership Coach (1992, 1994, 2010), Two-time All-Australian coach (1991, 2010), Australia coach for 4 games (2008, 2010).

It is really a great achievement. However, what amazes me is his PLAYING CAREER started at 3 1/2 years old. I probably can accept that he might be running around with a mini footy early in life. However, I dont think it should be regarded as CAREER.

Hall of Fame: Record-breaking Mick, Saint idol join the greats - http://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-06-04/male-or-female-six-or-eight-who-gets-into-the-hall-of-fame

Last edited:

HurleyHepsHird

Ghost Stories for the End of the World
Oct 2, 2011
Between the Lines
AFL Club
West Coast
https://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-06-0...hall-of-fame-the-three-best-players-i-coached

I found this piece of information in the AFL Website today about Malthouse HoF honour:
Mick Malthouse – 2019 Australian Football Hall of Fame inductee
BORN SEPTEMBER 17, 1953
Playing career April 28, 1957
Games played 174 (53 for St Kilda, 121 for Richmond)
Player honours VFL Premiership player (1980)
Coaching career Footscray (1984-89), West Coast (1990-99), Collingwood (2000-11), Carlton (2013-15)
Games coached 718 (135 for Footscray, 243 for West Coast, 286 for Collingwood, 54 for Carlton)
Coaching honours Three-time AFL Premiership Coach (1992, 1994, 2010), Two-time All-Australian coach (1991, 2010), Australia coach for 4 games (2008, 2010).

It is really a great achievement. However, what amazes me is his PLAYING CAREER started at 3 1/2 years old. I probably can accept that he might be running around with a mini footy early in life. However, I dont think it should be regarded as CAREER.

Hall of Fame: Record-breaking Mick, Saint idol join the greats - http://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-06-04/male-or-female-six-or-eight-who-gets-into-the-hall-of-fame
Jacko before his injury was one of the best players I have seen.

Both he and McKenna were a decade or so before their time in terms of game style.

I still think Matera was better over his career and Judd's peak was higher.

b2915337354c5fc0227c4bfc50124aaa.jpg

Great as always from the HUN.

No wonder why he's in the hall of fame, he won 2 flags despite not coaching anywhere between 1990-1999

Fair effort that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back