jaykippa

Debutant
Oct 11, 2007
ON TOP OF THE HEAP
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy F.C.
Gday LI still haven’t seen any interviews uploaded to audioBoom in 2 months now. There has been quite a few over this time.

Attachments

• D44C5670-5B35-4536-8610-663514CCED76.png
    D44C5670-5B35-4536-8610-663514CCED76.png
    759.6 KB · Views: 262
Obviously I don't know the complete ins and outs of the sponsorship contract but considering we wore the indigenous jumper with Oaks on the front at home, would it be possible for us to wear our home jumper for one away game this season?

Not sure that's something we've asked.
Assuming that both neds and oaks deals runs out this year, would it be possible to arrange a deal from next season onwards where whoever is the front sponsor is the front sponsor for all games and whoever is the back sponsor is the back sponsor for all games regardless of whether it is home or away. Crows, Eagles, Swans, Hawks and Tigers have two different sponsor jumpers under this arrangement. It would be good to see our home jumper in away games where there is clearly no clash (such as GWS and Hawthorn) and against a rival clubs (Collingwood and Port)

Oct 29, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Blazers/Heat, ORST beavers
You are right, it's something that has slipped through the cracks while we've been slightly under-resourced. Added two from past 24 hours now.
I only get to go to 4-5 games a year at the GABBA due to work but I swear the camera angles on the big screen are different to how they used to be.

Watching the big screen at the end with the Verandah is near impossible from the general admission section up the other end of the ground, the play is extremely zoomed out and difficult to follow where the ball is. No option to watch the closer screen either since it is directly above and behind the GA section.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Hi LI, I was watching the Deadly Choices Health Check video on the website and I love the T-Shirt that Allen and Charlie were wearing, is it available for sale?

I can't see it in the Lions Shop so I'm assuming not...:(.

Oct 11, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hi LI, I was watching the Deadly Choices Health Check video on the website and I love the T-Shirt that Allen and Charlie were wearing, is it available for sale?

I can't see it in the Lions Shop so I'm assuming not...:(.
They are great aren't they. Deadly Choices gives them out to people who get the health checks, so unfortunately nobody sells them.

Royboys44

Senior List
Apr 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hi Insider
I travelled up to the Gabba on the weekend to see the Lions beat the Hawks and when I got the gate I needed to pay $71 or $81 for tickets to watch the game. I personally had my membership ticket- Gold AFL Club nominated Membership and Lions Full member upgrade and September extra. I personally sponsor two players Lewy and Sam and have done for years. I have noticed that every game I attend 3-4 a year in QLD there are 1000's of empty seats at the Gabba! What are we doing to grow the game and make footy accessible to average families?? $200 to go to footy is a huge deterrent to capturing the imagine of youngsters and building our base. We are lucky when playing big Melb clubs as 5000 supporters follow up and purchase tickets however this seating gap is worse when playing less followed clubs and can result in 20K seats empty. This is s huge missed chance to gain connection.
Especially when we are putting on a great show!
GA seats where exhausted early and unable to be purchased. How many go on sale in this area genuinely each week? Can we increase this number in two areas to fill the huge amount of empty seating and build atmosphere and exposure??
Just thinking and concerned that we are missing an opportunity.

Lions Flag 2020

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hi LI. Just want to say what a great job the AFL does with interschool sports. My son is grade 5 and AFL representatives set up the fields and umpire all the matches every Friday. I would estimate that 80 percent of the kids from each school have never played AFL before but they are all loving it. No wonder AFL numbers are growing so fast at junior levels.

Hi LI. Just want to say what a great job the AFL does with interschool sports. My son is grade 5 and AFL representatives set up the fields and umpire all the matches every Friday. I would estimate that 80 percent of the kids from each school have never played AFL before but they are all loving it. No wonder AFL numbers are growing so fast at junior levels.
Are you talking Qld here or down South? Just interested to know!

Aug 17, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hi Insider
I travelled up to the Gabba on the weekend to see the Lions beat the Hawks and when I got the gate I needed to pay $71 or $81 for tickets to watch the game. I personally had my membership ticket- Gold AFL Club nominated Membership and Lions Full member upgrade and September extra. I personally sponsor two players Lewy and Sam and have done for years. I have noticed that every game I attend 3-4 a year in QLD there are 1000's of empty seats at the Gabba! What are we doing to grow the game and make footy accessible to average families?? $200 to go to footy is a huge deterrent to capturing the imagine of youngsters and building our base. We are lucky when playing big Melb clubs as 5000 supporters follow up and purchase tickets however this seating gap is worse when playing less followed clubs and can result in 20K seats empty. This is s huge missed chance to gain connection.
GA seats where exhausted early and unable to be purchased. How many go on sale in this area genuinely each week? Can we increase this number in two areas to fill the huge amount of empty seating and build atmosphere and exposure??

Agree, when we got to the game. We had bee told that the GA allocations had been reduced and were moved along so that we were allowed to sit just behind the goals. Pretty frustrating as we got to the game early to get good seats near the pocket at the 50m arc. (Where we normally sit)

Oct 11, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hi Insider
Something we discusesd after the game as well. We are reviewing some data from the game to see if it agrees with what you're saying, and we also noticed.

Something we discusesd after the game as well. We are reviewing some data from the game to see if it agrees with what you're saying, and we also noticed.
It would be good to open up the very back rows of the top tier behind the goals for GA seating. Something that is common practice among the big Vic teams

Oct 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
Hi LI.
Just some feedback regarding the time for the Victorian Junior clinic this Sunday. I coach an under 9s side and we play each Sunday starting at either 9.00 or 10.00. The under 10s follow after that and so on. This makes it basically impossible for any of these children to attend the clinic and they would have to abandon their own game and teammates in order to go. My boys are in between a rock and a hard place as to what to do, but I told them that they need to play with their mates and will have to miss the clinic. They are pretty shattered about this, as are the other 2 lions fans in the team that can’t go. I can understand and appreciate that the boys have to head back to Brisbane and can’t be hanging around all day in Melbourne, but could this be organised some time on a Saturday, possibly before a Brisbane Sunday game in future? This would make the decision to choose between having a kick with your heroes and supporting your teammates a lot easier for our young kids. Cheers.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back