Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to leave the thread if there is actually gonna be some serious Cripps trade talk in here lol

Time to leave the thread if there is actually gonna be some serious Cripps trade talk in here lol
Haha
Kid may move in a years time. Won't go this year but could be weighing up a career wasted.
Can see a move to the eagles happening. Blues could reap similar rewards that the eagles did from the judd trade

Haha
Kid may move in a years time. Won't go this year but could be weighing up a career wasted.
Can see a move to the eagles happening. Blues could reap similar rewards that the eagles did from the judd trade

It’s such a shame to see a huge talent like him wasted like this. You couldn’t hold it against him if he moves on in a few years time.

Interesting to hear the Blues CEO talk about their pick swap last year and defend SOS by saying that they would have given the 2019 pick up for Shiel anyway should that have come to pass so it’s a non issue.

Ok so the first mistake is not a mistake because you had a backup mistake ready to go just in case mistake A fell through?

Also worth noting that if we are looking to target someone for a mid/long term our list may not allow us to make wholesale changes.

Out of contract at end of 2019;

Patrick Ambrose (??)
Mark Baguley (delist)
Mitch Brown (1 year)
Dyl Clarke (delist)
Aaron Francis (1 year/trade)
Matt Guelfi (2 years)
Michael Hartley (trade/delist)
AMT (2 years)
David Myers (retire/delist)
Darcy Parish (2 years)
Mason Redman (3 years)

Zac Clarke (delist)
Matt Dea (delist)
Sam Draper (retain)
Tom Jok (unsure)
Jake Long (delist)
Ben McNeice (delist)
Trent Mynott (retain)

If we were to take two players in the mid season draft as floated by many, we need to make 5 changes from the above list (I've got 4 but a downgrade could be made which we are reknowned for doing).

Our rookie list is going to be the major tuning point it appears with almost a whole clean out of the rookie list.

And as it stands we are going to have picks 27, 34, 45, 63, 64 (mid season draftees pending). A somewhat ok mix of picks that we should potentially look to bundle up and move up the draft order.

I am sure you regret forecasting delist for Dylan Clarke right? Kids a gun

Interesting to hear the Blues CEO talk about their pick swap last year and defend SOS by saying that they would have given the 2019 pick up for Shiel anyway should that have come to pass so it’s a non issue.

Ok so the first mistake is not a mistake because you had a backup mistake ready to go just in case mistake A fell through?
Back-up mistake, lol.

I am sure you regret forecasting delist for Dylan Clarke right? Kids a gun
He's not the only one....

Our list management will take some work at the end of this year. We have a lot of out of contract players who are currently in the best 22.
Ambrose, Baguley, Brown, Clarke, Francis (new deal soon), Guelfi, Hartley, AMT, Myers, Parish, Redman.

Bags and Myers are retire you'd think... But Hartley is a good back-up for Hooker. Maybe Houlahan to the rookie list?

Our list management will take some work at the end of this year. We have a lot of out of contract players who are currently in the best 22.
Ambrose, Baguley, Brown, Clarke, Francis (new deal soon), Guelfi, Hartley, AMT, Myers, Parish, Redman.

Bags and Myers are retire you'd think... But Hartley is a good back-up for Hooker. Maybe Houlahan to the rookie list?
Guelfi - 2 yrs
Parish - 3yrs
Walla - 3rs
Francis - 2 yrs
Clarke - 1yr
Ambrose - 1yr
Redman - 3yr
Hartley- 1yr
Brown - 1 yr
Baguley - delist/retire
Myers- delist/retire

Can’t remember the last time we traded a away quality player under 25 but I think this year this may be at least one exception, our cap will be at the brim. If Darce’s form continues the offers are going to come and there may be one we just can’t afford to match. If that happens I’d hope Dodo makes sure we’re handsomely compensated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t remember the last time we traded a away quality player under 25 but I think this year this may be at least one exception, our cap will be at the brim. If Darce’s form continues the offers are going to come and there may be one we just can’t afford to match. If that happens I’d hope Dodo makes sure we’re handsomely compensated.
How old was Ryder when he went? Can't have been much more than 25.

Is he though? Considering he wasn't selected in the side when Hooker missed the first 3 weeks, I don't think he plays AFL again for us.

Is he though? Considering he wasn't selected in the side when Hooker missed the first 3 weeks, I don't think he plays AFL again for us.

100% agree.

Seeing his game in the two's on the weekend only reinforced for mine that he's a very good VFL player. Not AFL.
Better off giving opportunities to Zerk.

Carlton could do no worse than offer Myers a two year deal.

Offers leadership, a big body in the midfield and is still young enough to give them a few year of reasonable football.
Can't agree with that. Would be a horrible move for Carlton in full rebuild mode but then again a very Carlton move.

Do it SOS

Can't agree with that. Would be a horrible move for Carlton in full rebuild mode but then again a very Carlton move.

Do it SOS

It would mean that a guy like Walsh, SPS and even a Setterfield are now the 3rd/ 4th/ 5th midfielders and not the 2nd/ 3rd/ 4th midfielder. Oozes leadership (apparently). A big body who would protect the young guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back