Bluemour Discussion Thread XVI - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not keen on Teague as the caretaker.

I think we announced the length of caretaker period too early. My hope is that it won't take until the end of the year for the new coach to start.

Though I fear that the new coach will be happy with starting at the end of the year because they won't see a rapid improvement coming until we bring in additional players.

A couple of wallopings and the crowds will dissapate until the new coach starts, which may diminish our kitty to attact new players

What was the club going to say? "Teague will step in until round 20, which is when we want our next coach to start"?

I reckon even if we secured a new coach with a few rounds to go, they're not going to come in and take over in the box on game day for the last few weeks. They'd be observing and planning for the coming off-season, getting a feel for which assistants they want handling what areas, and which they don't want at all, discussing the likely list changes with SOS and his team etc.

Even if we sign a coach before the end of the home and away season, Teague will be running the show on game day til the end of the season.

Discussions with Paul Roos begin next week.

Would be interested to see what your source thinks on this point:

If we were to sign Roos in a Director of Coaching role, would we involve him in the selection process for the new coach, or would he just need to work with whoever we chose?

Advisory/director of coaching role?

Would love to have him in that role, especially if we chose an untried assistant.
Having a senior guy like him as a sounding board to our coaching team is what we've been missing.

He was very categorical about not wanting to be head coach on 'On The Couch' though i guess you never know.

If we were to sign Roos in a Director of Coaching role, would we involve him in the selection process for the new coach, or would he just need to work with whoever we chose?

If we sign him up early i don't see why he wouldn't have some sort of involvement in the process...would make sense for him to be involved imo.

I'd imagine he's quite respected in the industry as well so announcing that he's our Director of Coaching may further help us attract the best prospective head coach, knowing they'll have him in support to give them every chance to succeed.

Absolutely

With our collection of assistants, we should have the space. We'd also, presumably, be pairing him with an up-and-coming senior coach, not a highly paid established senior coach.

Hmm pay someone like Scott/Lyon big $$$ to run the show or use that money on Burns/Caracella type + Roos?

I reckon i might go with the latter, as Roos would be able to mentor the entire coaching team, assistants included.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sadly no such luck with the name. father is Spanish speaking Argentinian so they selected a Spanish name.

Named him after a fire (Dante).:D

That translates well..

I'm of European background and my name translates to 'stealer of goats'.. :(

Absolutely

Excellent. Think that's the best outcome for us now - places another highly regarded football person on the selection panel, whose voice will likely carry more weight that most of the others.

His involvement will hopefully attract the best of the best from the assistant ranks. Would still feel much more comfortable if the successful candidate is someone who has coached at senior level before though.

Happy with Amos, Teague needs time and better supply for his charges. If we can land a tactically-astute midfield assistant, to work under a highly-credentialled player-turned-coach who the players will respect, who in turn can continue learning from one of the most highly regarded coaching administrators around, then we're set.

Roos
Ratten/Voss
Carracella
Amos
Teague
Round it out with the best of the rest.

I'd also see if Sam Mitchell wants to cut his teeth at the NB's.

Guessing if Roos gets involved as some kind of director of coaching or something resembling the old Neil Craig role, I dare say there won't be much money left for a 'big name' senior coach anyway haha....

The club might even have to cut back tohome brand biccies in the kitchen and single ply toilet paper....

what value does a 'director of coaching' bring? and if someone is good enough to direct coaching, then why can't we just have them coach the team? Genuine question here as I do not fully understand the role.

Paul Roos is a very positive move, intelligent, insightful hopefully he’ll agree to put together a Coach and assistants so show gets rolling quickly.
If the team doesn’t show some tangible improvement and progress in the next 3 years, we’ll be stuffed for a long time.

Not keen on Teague as the caretaker.

I think we announced the length of caretaker period too early. My hope is that it won't take until the end of the year for the new coach to start.

Though I fear that the new coach will be happy with starting at the end of the year because they won't see a rapid improvement coming until we bring in additional players.

A couple of wallopings and the crowds will dissapate until the new coach starts, which may diminish our kitty to attact new players
Worst case if Teague not working out not hard to switch him with another of the senior coaches... would just mean Teague would be done with us as an assistant in 2020.

what value does a 'director of coaching' bring? and if someone is good enough to direct coaching, then why can't we just have them coach the team? Genuine question here as I do not fully understand the role.

Brings a bit wallet that needs lots of cash to fill. Lets younger inexperienced coach take the fall for poor results.

Could they have brought Roos in above Bolton if its a director of coaching role?

Guessing Wallsy will be getting the heave ho, as he accused Roo's of coaching for himself in the past.

Maybe the fulltime coach puts a lot more hours in than the adviser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back