Block 108 as loud as any
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Everton_East Freo_Atalanta_Tranmere
You say "Yes", I say "No".
You say "Stop" and I say "Go, go, go".
Oh no.
You say "Good Bye" and I say "Hello, hello, hello".

Good Bye. Get it. Good. Bye. Because it's our BYE ROUND. HAHAHA. **** I'm FUNNY

Anyway...

------

Hello boys & girls

It's that time of the year again. The round we most despise and least look forward to (No, not Hawthorn away - or Hawthorn anywhere really for that matter*1). The round that really divides the supporter base. The bye round.

The round where no-one has come out victorious. No chance for a % boost. No chance to score. No chance to even poll a brownlow vote or vote of any kind *2

The bye has come at an unfortunate time as we seem to have re-discovered some decent form. Okay, sure, we have won both our last two games on the trot with some late scores, but never underestimate the momentum that those results bring.

The injuries we have copped have been unfortunate and on one hand they bye has meant we have been able to get another week of recovery in to guys like Hill/Ballantyne/Bennell etc. and in turn not risk any more injuries to the B22, it has also meant that Peel has a bye and we can't see who could potentially be knocking on the door for selection (I'm looking at you Logue and Nhyuis)

It's a Good week for:
  • Connor Blakely. Will he be granted leave to go surfing with no repercussions? This reporter says Yes
  • Ross Lyon. Two good wins in a row. Defense is looking solid (#2 in the league) AND we only play 3 more current top 8 sides*3 and we have a better PF than West Coast having played more top sides than them (google it, you campaigners)

It’s a Bad week for:
  • Alex Pearce. Poor guy can’t take a trick.
  • AFL Goal Review system. EAD everyone. Collingwood supporters were mostly very humble in defeat. AFL cocked up and we won, but we won in spite of that, not because of it (we could have made it a 7 point play and won my more. Disagree with me and I'll brick yas)

It’s an Ugly week for:
  • Rob Lyons. Apparently Rob met with Carlton in Lygon street over the weekend. Or at least someone from Carlton. With the absolute ineptitude of most of the media outlets in this country they could have easily mistaken SOS for SCOS and Ross for Rob, but most of us are still scratching our collective heads and wonder WTAF is going on here.

20190604_233841.jpg

Prediction:
Homesickness will become an issue, with many non-WA players expected to spend time interstate, but all will come back fit and firing for the Port game on Saturday week. Some players will come back, however, with >8% body fat and have to run laps on the first training session of that week.

We won't lose this one though, all. Not a hope in hell

xoxo

*1 I would have also accepted the Derby as a correct answer, but at least we go in to derbies with some sort of hope

*2 I should probably state that some “Best Clubman” awards might still poll in the Bye round – especially if one of the players hosts a get together over the weekend and the Sailor Jerry’s are flowing like Pearce, Mundy and Fyfe’s (pre-haircut) respective locks

*3 We play Port twice for 4 games total against current top 8 sides (4/11)

yyou

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NY Mets, NO Pelicans, Toronto Leafs
we'll certainly do better than port power did a few years ago.
also, why are people assuming Lyon was looking for a job with Silvagni?
who's to say Silvagni wasn't looking for work at Freo? o_O
Sorry if that has scared a few people :rainbow::eek:

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
we'll certainly do better than port power did a few years ago.
also, why are people assuming Lyon was looking for a job with Silvagni?
who's to say Silvagni wasn't looking for work at Freo? o_O
Sorry if that has scared a few people :rainbow::eek:
Indeed. As some other poster wrote, SOS ordered the dim sums, Lyon ordered the Fish and Cripps.

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
You say "Yes", I say "No".
You say "Stop" and I say "Go, go, go".
Oh no.
You say "Good Bye" and I say "Hello, hello, hello".

Good Bye. Get it. Good. Bye. Because it's our BYE ROUND. HAHAHA. **** I'm FUNNY

Anyway...

------

Hello boys & girls

It's that time of the year again. The round we most despise and least look forward to (No, not Hawthorn away - or Hawthorn anywhere really for that matter*1). The round that really divides the supporter base. The bye round.

The round where no-one has come out victorious. No chance for a % boost. No chance to score. No chance to even poll a brownlow vote or vote of any kind *2

The bye has come at an unfortunate time as we seem to have re-discovered some decent form. Okay, sure, we have won both our last two games on the trot with some late scores, but never underestimate the momentum that those results bring.

The injuries we have copped have been unfortunate and on one hand they bye has meant we have been able to get another week of recovery in to guys like Hill/Ballantyne/Bennell etc. and in turn not risk any more injuries to the B22, it has also meant that Peel has a bye and we can't see who could potentially be knocking on the door for selection (I'm looking at you Logue and Nhyuis)

It's a Good week for:
  • Connor Blakely. Will he be granted leave to go surfing with no repercussions? This reporter says Yes
  • Ross Lyon. Two good wins in a row. Defense is looking solid (#2 in the league) AND we only play 3 more current top 8 sides*3 and we have a better PF than West Coast having played more top sides than them (google it, you campaigners)

It’s a Bad week for:
  • Alex Pearce. Poor guy can’t take a trick.
  • AFL Goal Review system. EAD everyone. Collingwood supporters were mostly very humble in defeat. AFL cocked up and we won, but we won in spite of that, not because of it (we could have made it a 7 point play and won my more. Disagree with me and I'll brick yas)

It’s an Ugly week for:
  • Rob Lyons. Apparently Rob met with Carlton in Lygon street over the weekend. Or at least someone from Carlton. With the absolute ineptitude of most of the media outlets in this country they could have easily mistaken SOS for SCOS and Ross for Rob, but most of us are still scratching our collective heads and wonder WTAF is going on here.

View attachment 687113

Prediction:
Homesickness will become an issue, with many non-WA players expected to spend time interstate, but all will come back fit and firing for the Port game on Saturday week. Some players will come back, however, with >8% body fat and have to run laps on the first training session of that week.

We won't lose this one though, all. Not a hope in hell

xoxo

*1 I would have also accepted the Derby as a correct answer, but at least we go in to derbies with some sort of hope

*2 I should probably state that some “Best Clubman” awards might still poll in the Bye round – especially if one of the players hosts a get together over the weekend and the Sailor Jerry’s are flowing like Pearce, Mundy and Fyfe’s (pre-haircut) respective locks

*3 We play Port twice for 4 games total against current top 8 sides (4/11)

Seems like the ideal guy for Carlton - get Mark Neeld as an assistant and they're set.
http://academyofideas.org.uk/aboutus/person/rob_lyons

great preview im_a_lazy_sod! do you think SOS gets the ex-GWS players he recruits that don't work out at Carlton to pull beers at the Lord Newry?

Aug 27, 2007
Block 108 as loud as any
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Everton_East Freo_Atalanta_Tranmere
great preview im_a_lazy_sod! do you think SOS gets the ex-GWS players he recruits that don't work out at Carlton to pull beers at the Lord Newry?

They'd all be on pretty short shifts to rotate the roster equally if that were the case ;)

And thank you - I wasn't sure how I was going to approach this one TBH

Jezzitizle

Premiership Player
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
WA v Vic Metro U18s at Lathlain Park this weekend for those looking for something to do. 10am according to the AFL app.

Weather might not be great tho.

yoong

Club Legend
May 9, 2013
3,919 km from Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Did ok coming into the bye., but definitely have a list of stuff the team should look and try to address these 2 weeks.
Does the fact that Robs is spotted in Melbourne means that no training is allowed by aflpa during the bye?

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Did ok coming into the bye., but definitely have a list of stuff the team should look and try to address these 2 weeks.
Does the fact that Robs is spotted in Melbourne means that no training is allowed by aflpa during the bye?
I think there is a mandatory break (5 days maybe). Think I read they will be back for the weekend training.

Frigate

Club Legend
Jun 17, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
I am watching the Collingwood game again out of interest. Hughes has been a topic of discussion.
I am not saying I am the talent scout of all time... but I did call the De Goey pick and posted on their forum at the time that they had a gem.
I also picked that Hughes would be starting 22 last year to much dismay. Brad Shephard is having quite the year, and after missing the premiership year that sucks for him, but we have a similar player in Hughes in my opinion, however I observe the Freo faithful still very negative in his game.

I have said it before, but while the Eagles might have chardonnay clinkers, we have begrudged supporters that turn up to games just to have a whinge - it is a change from the good old days.

We all watch the same game, and we all watch the other teams and we are ahead of where we should be. So when do we re-evaluate players?
Mayne for Collingwood is a great example.

Hughes is not flashy, and he does not seem to move quickly, but generally he is a general. He is tough, selfless and has confidence. As Dockers supporters we should train this out of him. It is not acceptable, we should let him go to another team to become really great...or we could start to appreciate that he is best 22 without question.

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
I suspect things may get a little tougher than our draw would suggest. Some of the teams who have performed poorly for the first half of the year are starting to find form - Carlton, North, Sydney. Port are starting to get players back, as are Melbourne.
We lose 2 of our first few picked and most important structurally but on the other hand we have one of the best players at the club (Shill) coming back, a beast of an athlete in Logue who will be desperate to make his mark and maybe just maybe the return of Sandi and Bennell.
Going to be fascinating.

Back