Preview Preview and changes vs The Gold Coast Suns in QLD

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Larkey stays for structural reasons.

Larkey doesn't strike me as a tall that would struggle overly in wet weather. He seems a natural contested marking player. As you rightly point out we need him for structure.

Larkey doesn't strike me as a tall that would struggle overly in wet weather. He seems a natural contested marking player. As you rightly point out we need him for structure.

He moves very well too, I suspect he'd actually do OK in wet weather.

Some key forward thrive.

We are now developing a forward line with four key players in Brown, Larkey, Zurhaar, and Wood, backed up by Thomas, Ziebull, LDU, Higgins etc rotating through. Do you think we can add Garner into the mix or does he come in for someone?

He adds another level of psycho,
And we have the top 5 teams in that 11, including Bears in Brissy, Eagles in Perth and Cats in Geelong. So if we cross those 3 off as our losses we need to beat GWS into the bye and Pies after the bye.

As for Nick, of course he stays in. We function so much better with him in.

More worried about GC in GC tbh. This is the exact game we always have dropped under Scott.

So we will finish in the worst possible spot for the second year running. if our best case is 9th I say bring in two or three more kids.

There are plenty on here that will abuse you for saying that. But whatever the responses, you are bang on. I get the feeling we will play this idea until we are mathematically out of the finals equation.

He moves very well too, I suspect he'd actually do OK in wet weather.

Some key forward thrive.

The most natural KPF's do IMO, in fact the best all round KPF's I think are an even greater advantage in wet weather when so few others can stand up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we will finish in the worst possible spot for the second year running. if our best case is 9th I say bring in two or three more kids.
Nah, you know what's worse than 9th?

Tenth, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th and 18th.

Where did this "turner can't kick" thing come from. I'm not his biggest fan but he keeps it simple and sometimes passes very well. 2 weeks ago he lofted a perfectly weighted pass onto Brown's lead. It was great. It takes a high level of skill to pull that off.

Does anyone notice Marley's poor kicking? No. Posters said the same thing when we recruited him but he just keeps it simple and it's a non-issue. We tend to play taller and therefore opt to kicking it long anyway so they always have an out. He's no Murphy, but he's no Mick Martyn either.

Get him down there. He offers more than Wright and JMac in terms of complete lockdown of opposition players. Teams play more smalls so we can't just rely on Marley and maybe Pittard/Ats. We've been smashed by Port and Sydney's smalls in the past.

It.makes.perfect.sense. Do it!!!
Same problem as Hrovat. Can hit a target but can't get it over a press.

I haven't watched GC play this season, but from afar it seems they have often had reasonable first halves only to fall away later in games. Some games they've been able to fight it out til the end, but mostly they have been overrun. I reckon if it's close at half time, we shouldn't be too worried. There is no way we can drop this one, regardless what happens for the rest of the year. These are the type of games that we should win, and the leaders need to play their part in making sure that happens.

But with Zurhaar and TT in and Garner in the picture, Turner's less crucial to the forward pressure, so more general-purpose options become available.
Turner is a rabid dog, he’ll always bring the same manic pressure week in and out.It’s something no one apart from maybe Zurhaar can claim. Who cares if we don’t have a regular position for him and he comes off the bench.

I, personally want to see more games like the tigers one so he stays.

I haven't watched GC play this season, but from afar it seems they have often had reasonable first halves only to fall away later in games. Some games they've been able to fight it out til the end, but mostly they have been overrun. I reckon if it's close at half time, we shouldn't be too worried. There is no way we can drop this one, regardless what happens for the rest of the year. These are the type of games that we should win, and the leaders need to play their part in making sure that happens.

For the most part they’ve been honest. They’ll make us earn it for sure. Should have them covered though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back