Looking for a good Bbq - smoker.

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone ever used sheep or goat s**t to fire their BBQ? It gives amazing flavours believe it or not.

please no

who was the first person to discover that? why wasn't this person the last to enjoy it?

Cant go wrong with a Kamado, it's an expensive outlay but you can use it for smoking, pizzas or as a normal BBQ. Also has a lifetime warranty

BBQ's Galore has a 20% sale on at the moment

So after all of this I ended up getting the Traeger Pro 22

I've had it for about 18 months and it gets a bloody good work out at my place. I like the pellet feed so I can set and forget it especially with 14-16 hours brisket smokes that I use over night.

I've had it for about 18 months and it gets a bloody good work out at my place. I like the pellet feed so I can set and forget it especially with 14-16 hours brisket smokes that I use over night.

Good stuff. Post a few pics next time.
I have been learning the ropes with a basic Weber. Stuffed a few things up but cooks have improved a lot after purchasing a digi thermometer

Good stuff. Post a few pics next time.
I have been learning the ropes with a basic Weber. Stuffed a few things up but cooks have improved a lot after purchasing a digi thermometer
what did you stuff up?

I found doing a brisket resulted in a few sub par attempts, but after about 6-7 I reckon I have gotten it pretty good. It isn't perfect but it is still good so I just make a little adjustment each time to try and improve it without risking stuffing it.

I find pork and beef ribs are the easiest to do, pork especially.

Yeah I was too ambitious and attempted brisket my first go and was disappointed. I went back to basics and went with some cheaper cuts for my next few cooks. Like you said ribs have come out great.

A mate has built a couple smokers so came around and helped me with the initial set up. Helped a lot. Showed me the snake method.

It’s good fun but a complete rookies. I might look at getting the Pro Q in the future.

Head back to the punters board and tip us into some winners. Most have done our balls the last few weeks

Yeah I was too ambitious and attempted brisket my first go and was disappointed. I went back to basics and went with some cheaper cuts for my next few cooks. Like you said ribs have come out great.

A mate has built a couple smokers so came around and helped me with the initial set up. Helped a lot. Showed me the snake method.

It’s good fun but a complete rookies. I might look at getting the Pro Q in the future.

Head back to the punters board and tip us into some winners. Most have done our balls the last few weeks
hahaha the guy I knew that was giving me the good tips (some outrageously good roughies) has moved overseas.

That is costing me a nice little extra few $$$'s

If you're going to stick with the Weber for a while, I highly recommend getting yourself an offset plate.

https://thequeclub.com.au/products/jgbbqoffsetplate22 (they also make smaller ones if you don't have the 22" full size Weber)

I am considering a pellet smoker at the moment. Roughly how much fuel do you go through in a cook like you've mentioned above?

I am considering a pellet smoker at the moment. Roughly how much fuel do you go through in a cook like you've mentioned above?
a bag f the trager pellets from bbq galore (9ks i think) gets me 3 briskets.

It is hard to say though as the brisket is long and slow. If I make some pizzas, chicken or corn bread which you cook at a high temp it really chews through the pellets.

There is no doubt that the pellets go quicker than wood chips but the pellet smoker seems a hell of a lot more user friendly

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

on a different note when i was in San Antonio 6 months back I noticed that in their parks they had public smokers instead of grills

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First attempt at beef ribs.

They look to be coming along nicely
e29699ada856fe369f61b99153b74219.jpg

How long did that take to cook?

I just got a Fornetto from Bunnings and I'll be assembling it today. Looking forward to some ribs.

Any good recipe sites?

beef ribs took about 4 hours cooking at about 117 degrees from memory. Make sure you get yourself a thermometer because that helps you know when the meat is ready

heygrill.com is good but I mainly watch youtube for tips tbh

Franklins bbq is good as he is the number 1 bbqer in the US but he isn't super helpful for beginners. There is a youtube channel called 'how to bbq right' I found that a good helpearly on

So far I've tried ribs: the pork ones were amazing, the lamb ones disappointing.

Last weekend for a party, I did about 5 kilos of pulled pork and a kilo of hot smoked salmon. Both turned out really well, the salmon in particular was delicious. It only took about half an hour in the smoker too.

Tomorrow it's more ribs, this time pork and beef.

So far I've tried ribs: the pork ones were amazing, the lamb ones disappointing.

Last weekend for a party, I did about 5 kilos of pulled pork and a kilo of hot smoked salmon. Both turned out really well, the salmon in particular was delicious. It only took about half an hour in the smoker too.

Tomorrow it's more ribs, this time pork and beef.
ribs are the easiest to get right

beef ribs, chicken and sausages
14ede19a64585bb02f3c7e5acd8a2e52.jpg

pluck that chicken! my biggest pet hate is any hair/feather on a chicken.

I run a kamado joe, have had it since christmas. Very happy with the purchase and easy to fire up and get the temps settled. Winter its use has gone down and struggle to find the time for the longer cooks.

pluck that chicken! my biggest pet hate is any hair/feather on a chicken.

I run a kamado joe, have had it since christmas. Very happy with the purchase and easy to fire up and get the temps settled. Winter its use has gone down and struggle to find the time for the longer cooks.
I do my long cooks over night in winter

I have a custom offset, as well as a GMG Jim Bowie - Honestly, bang for your buck - Get a pellet grill, you'll use it heaps more, its more manageable and results are more repeatable for beginners.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back