2nds Casey Demons 2019 Discussion

Thanks, so he played a couple vfl games prior to last week?
He played one game at 50% game time and had nine touches then rolled his ankle early in the second one

Ablett2Garland

Club Legend
Apr 8, 2015
10 Beers deep with Steven May
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
San Jose Sharks, Oakland Raiders
Casey: 102 def Collingwood: 39

Stats: Lewis 30, Kolodjashnij 28, Munro 27, Wagner 27, JKH 25, Lockhart 24, White 23
Goals: Dunkley 3, White 3, Chandler 2, Wagner 2, Lefau 1, Lockhart 1, Preuss 1, Neal-Bullen 1

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think we will start setting up for next year after the bye.

I’m not seeing either of those guys as long term options at this point - but we don’t have any other small forward options coming through.

I think we'll still be putting as close to our best team out as possible, might just be short a few guys (ie Lewis). Halfway through the season is too early to be putting the cue in the rack.

Demon 16

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think we'll still be putting as close to our best team out as possible, might just be short a few guys (ie Lewis). Halfway through the season is too early to be putting the cue in the rack.

Totally agree - I’m not suggesting we’ll put the cue in the rack.

We will play strong sides and try to win as many games as possible.

I don’t think we’ll play anyone who isn’t fully fit though, and I would expect that there will be a few game day moves and structural experiments which might not have happened if we were in the finals race.

In the last month you can keep an eye out for Sparrow, Jordan and Dunkley to get a game as well.

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Totally agree - I’m not suggesting we’ll put the cue in the rack.

We will play strong sides and try to win as many games as possible.

I don’t think we’ll play anyone who isn’t fully fit though, and I would expect that there will be a few game day moves and structural experiments which might not have happened if we were in the finals race.

In the last month you can keep an eye out for Sparrow, Jordan and Dunkley to get a game as well.
Isnt Sparrow basically out for the season? Reckon we'll see Chandler by the end of the year

Nov 20, 2008
#freeMelbourne #SackDan
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Super Saiyans, Tasmania Devils
Sparrow is 6-8 I think. He might make it back for a few games.

Chandler has only done a couple of good things unfortunately - I’m not sure if he’s looking up to it yet.

Months if Misso gets involved.

Yeah rest of the season is about getting blokes playing well together. Can't win the flag next year with a team that's never been on the park at the same time.

Yeah rest of the season is about getting blokes playing well together. Can't win the flag next year with a team that's never been on the park at the same time.
Nothing stinks out a football club with a recent losing culture more than not trying to win at all costs.

Winning games in the back half of the year is essential. We should really be winning 7 of the last 11 if we stay injury free.

Especially the back 6, really hope they can get 5-6 games together.
May / Lever / Salem / Hore need as much time together as possible. Jetta won't be back for a while, but he's the general down there and can slot in at will.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Nothing stinks out a football club with a recent losing culture more than not trying to win at all costs.

Winning games in the back half of the year is essential. We should really be winning 7 of the last 11 if we stay injury free.
Show me one occasion where it's ever backfired you salty peanut.

Demon 16

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Have you actually watched him or are you going off stats? If assume the latter...

Ive seen him twice and the rest is from what I’ve heard from people who would know better.

One of the games I watched (on tv), we did get pantsed so maybe a bit of a harsh day to judge a young small forward/flanker.

Happy to be very wrong!..

Back