Preview Round 13, 2019: Essendon v Hawthorn, 14 June 2019, 7.50pm @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 31, 2006
A state of delusion
AFL Club
Hawthorn
10 lions players had more contested possessions than omeara. 11 had more than Worpel. Howe has to play.

Hoping Howe plays.

Also hoping that Pittonet gets another game. Was only his second game, for the year, and me thinks needs a third.

These two both have attitude, which unfortunately is lacking from most of the rest of the team.

I can't stand the Bombers but to me this game against them just doesn't feel as big as normal, I'm not sure if it's still over a week away or because I think irrespective of the result I don't think either side will play Finals.

Venue doesn’t help - can’t believe those muppets at AFL HQ thought it made sense to play this at Iron Man stadium.

Aug 31, 2006
A state of delusion
AFL Club
Hawthorn
A lot of Dons fans saying to me this week, "if we were to win one game this year, let it be this one. We owe you campaigners"
Will be war next Friday night.

Pffft.

Not sure what they owe Hawthorn for? Maybe jealousy for decades of drug taking failure while Hawthorn have been the greatest side in the AFL? Just at a guess.

Bloody hell. The main board is going to get ugly this weekend no matter what the result is.

I hope Gralin has a Berocca on Satdee night
We don't play this weekend though :think:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TylerDurden

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap
Mar 5, 2007
Lou's Tavern
AFL Club
Hawthorn
FB_IMG_1559862278838.jpg

7 days.

Hoping Howe plays.

Also hoping that Pittonet gets another game. Was only his second game, for the year, and me thinks needs a third.

These two both have attitude, which unfortunately is lacking from most of the rest of the team.
I don't see it with Pitts. His dropped marks around the ground really hurt us: the ball should be pushed anohter 40m in our direction but it ends up being run the opposite way.

In saying this, he is (by all accounts) very aggressive in his play. If this is the case & he's building his game around it then he needs to bring it 100% against Bellchambers. We're down on class & depth due to list composition & injuries, we can least afford an oppo Ruckman dominating the contest & the air.

Aug 31, 2006
A state of delusion
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I don't see it with Pitts. His dropped marks around the ground really hurt us: the ball should be pushed anohter 40m in our direction but it ends up being run the opposite way.

In saying this, he is (by all accounts) very aggressive in his play. If this is the case & he's building his game around it then he needs to bring it 100% against Bellchambers. We're down on class & depth due to list composition & injuries, we can least afford an oppo Ruckman dominating the contest & the air.

Just to follow it up, have you been watching him drop everything at Box Hill? His first game was hard hands, no doubt, but doesn't mean that it's his entire career.

Just to follow it up, have you been watching him drop everything at Box Hill? His first game was hard hands, no doubt, but doesn't mean that it's his entire career.
No mate, I’m in Perth so have only seen what’s on TV.

Does he clunk everything at BHH?

Aug 31, 2006
A state of delusion
AFL Club
Hawthorn
No mate, I’m in Perth so have only seen what’s on TV.

Does he clunk everything at BHH?

Not sure how he does at Box Hill Hawks. Maybe someone can help us out, or it's just the small hands thing.... Have seen him dominant ruck for Hawthorn, in the seniors, with aggressive tackling and pressure. Check Mumuford's average marks and sits at 2.3, across his career. Not amazing amounts, but a fearsome ruckman.

Reckon Hawthorn need some enforcers, as opposed to the "highly skilled", left footers, getting lots of the ball.

Reckon the side stinks of weakness, without Pittonet and/or Howe in the mix. Who else offers anything for other sides to fear. Isaac Smith, Guntston, Breust, Burgers, Lewis, Frawley, Sicily... (free kick, goal), etc.. maybe Hardwick, but 79kg doesn't scare anyone.

I know i was super happy when Mumford was out for GWS. Think Pitts is a force who can look after a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back