Are the Geelong Seagulls/Pivotonians/Cats now smaller than the Borough?

Are the Geelong Cats now smaller than a VFA club

• Yes minnow status confirmed

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • 9 flags in 120 years no wonder they want to add their VFA tally

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Dangerflog will fake another injury just to avoid playing for this embarrassing team

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Swimming and **** are better in Port Melbourne

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

ChappyUK

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds Podcaster Pokemon is Life Pantskyle
Sep 12, 2011
London
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Arsenal, QPR.
Im all for the current status quo as this is the same competition renamed only but it would make more sense only counting the AFL flags than adding flags from a totally different competition.

Celebrate then for what they are VFA flags

I'll celebrate them as flags won by my club.

ChappyUK

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds Podcaster Pokemon is Life Pantskyle
Sep 12, 2011
London
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Arsenal, QPR.
I'm glad you mentioned that as it's one of my main concerns, look how relatively poor Geelong have been since joining a known top tier competition, only 9 flags in 120 years makes your 7 in 30 years look as if the competition was possibly less than top tier?

Look who we beat to those flags?

Aug 27, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
I'll celebrate them as flags won by my club.
That is already the right of every club as it should be and as is recognised by the AFL since 2016, they are a part of Geelongs and the VFA's history.

What they aren't a part of is VFL/AFL history.

Lets leave things as they already are for once.

ChappyUK

Cancelled
Sep 12, 2011
London
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Arsenal, QPR.
We still cant determine that it was a better comp than the SAFA.

Recognise them in their correct context as other clubs do, 7 VFA flags 9 VFL/AFL flags, dont forget history just keep it in its right place.

If you read up on history you would know.

Aug 27, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
If you read up on history you would know.
I have, not a lot written about that period all I can find is that it was the premier football comp in Victoria not necessarily Australia

No matter it is not the VFL/AFL competition so should not be included as such, celebrate your wins for what they are VFA flags, dont rob the VFA of its place as the original competition.

Geelong Dynasty

16 PREMIERSHIPS
10k Posts
Oct 1, 2011
VFA-VFL-AFL 16 flags and counting
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
THE GREATEST TEAM OF ALL
I have, not a lot written about that period all I can find is that it was the premier football comp in Victoria not necessarily Australia

No matter it is not the VFL/AFL competition so should not be included as such, celebrate your wins for what they are VFA flags, dont rob the VFA of its place as the original competition.

If the VFA had of folded the year all the best teams left them it would be much easier for people to understand and accept those flags as part of the official tally.
However they continued on and became the second tier league with the minnow teams not worthy of invitation into the new big league.

Byron Porkett

Club Legend
Jun 3, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Can’t be the Croat. If it was him he would’ve called us dh’s and posted the Jose mourinho gif tell us to **** off.
They were simpler times friend, back when a flog could stuff his hands down his dacks on a train and fiddle with his glubber or take artist-impression pictures of KFC Boy Mk II on your Huawei :(

Ricketz

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2011
Wagga Wagga
AFL Club
Geelong

Lol, remember Richmond, you timid little minnow club. You would have no flags if Geelong didn't spank you on the bottom and tell you to grow up. Now sit down, be quiet, and be good!

Aug 27, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Lol, remember Richmond, you timid little minnow club. You would have no flags if Geelong didn't spank you on the bottom and tell you to grow up. Now sit down, be quiet, and be good!

You seem to forget our 8 to 2 finals record against your club and our 11 flags to your 9 my friend but nice melt anyway.

Ricketz

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2011
Wagga Wagga
AFL Club
Geelong
You seem to forget our 8 to 2 finals record against your club and our 11 flags to your 9 my friend but nice melt anyway.

It must keep you up at night, knowing that every single flag you own has a little asterisk and disclaimer:
* Courtesy of the Geelong Football Club

Aug 27, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
It must keep you up at night, knowing that every single flag you own has a little asterisk and disclaimer:
* Courtesy of the Geelong Football Club
Lol not only do Geelong want to add another comps flags they now want to claim another clubs flags as well what an embarrassing team to support.

Geelong always in Richmonds shadow.

Ricketz

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2011
Wagga Wagga
AFL Club
Geelong
Lol not only do Geelong want to add another comps flags they now want to claim another clubs flags as well what an embarrassing team to support.

Geelong always in Richmonds shadow.
Keep telling yourself that. We are not claiming your minnow flags, just reminding your minnow fans that your minnow club would be playing Mornington were it not for the mighty Cats.

Every single flag, you owe to us. Every single one. How does that feel?

Aug 27, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Keep telling yourself that. We are not claiming your minnow flags, just reminding your minnow fans that your minnow club would be playing Mornington were it not for the mighty Cats.

Every single flag, you owe to us. Every single one. How does that feel?
It feels like you are a little triggered.

I know of of a couple of flags we can thank you for.

With our vastly superior record against you in finals there are probably more, thanks anyway.

Bayer_

Cancelled
10k Posts Bay 13: Vintage Bay Shiny Penny
Dec 23, 2008
Inner East
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It feels like you are a little triggered.

I know of of a couple of flags we can thank you for.

With our vastly superior record against you in finals there are probably more, thanks anyway.

It all makes so much sense now, why they're so obsessed with Richmond as well as the mighty Hawfies. The September trauma runs deep.

Aug 27, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
It all makes so much sense now, why they're so obsessed with Richmond as well as the mighty Hawfies. The September trauma runs deep.
yes 8 v 2 in finals against us and we all know the damage Hawthorn did to them in the unloseable 2008 GF and so many other finals series, they do have trouble letting go at Geelong, so now that they realise they will never be a big club by winning VFL/AFL Grand Finals their embarrassing CEO has proposed we let them count their VFA flags as well, sad.

Jan 25, 2013
Deep Inside
AFL Club
Geelong
yes 8 v 2 in finals against us and we all know the damage Hawthorn did to them in the unloseable 2008 GF and so many other finals series, they do have trouble letting go at Geelong, so now that they realise they will never be a big club by winning VFL/AFL Grand Finals their embarrassing CEO has proposed we let them count their VFA flags as well, sad.

The only embarrassing thing going on here is the Hawfmond caressing of each other's genitalia

Aug 27, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
The only embarrassing thing going on here is the Hawfmond caressing of each other's genitalia
You seem genuinely upset, don't worry I did see a positive post in favour of Geelong from a supporter of a club that is close to the Cats in status, Norf.

You could merge and become Norf West Melbourne once you give up on that crazy oblong at Goombah, that will solve your problem with lack of flags as well, win win.

Jan 25, 2013
Deep Inside
AFL Club
Geelong
You seem genuinely upset, don't worry I did see a positive post in favour of Geelong from a supporter of a club that is close to the Cats in status, Norf.

You could merge and become Norf West Melbourne once you give up on that crazy oblong at Goombah, that will solve your problem with lack of flags as well, win win.

Sorry m8 but we have too much respect for ourselves to seek help of others to fight our fights.

We would never claim to be a big club and then combine forces with another outgunned minnow force.

Aug 27, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Sorry m8 but we have too much respect for ourselves to seek help of others to fight our fights.

We would never claim to be a big club and then combine forces with another outgunned minnow force.
I would assume you're smart enough to not even think about claiming to be a big club?

I was just matching you with a like sized team.

Aug 27, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
You should actually read a post before responding to it.
No need I read it correctly the first time.

"We would never claim to be a big club and then combine forces with another outgunned minnow force"

The bolded part by adding the and makes it ambiguous as to your meaning, as my response stated "I would assume you're smart enough to not even think about claiming to be a big club? seems my assumption was correct:thumbsu:

Back