Black Stripe

Yellow Paint
Feb 15, 2019
Liverpool
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Oklahoma City and Sydney Thunder
Out of contract this year and I expect him to request a trade given that he is now 4th in line behind Stanley, Abbott and Fort.

Out of contract this year and I expect him to request a trade given that he is now 4th in line behind Stanley, Abbott and Fort.

He's 29. Worth like pick 70. We will probably delist him TBH.

English could use some help and protection

Wouldn't be surprised to see Zac Smith at the Bulldogs next year to be honest, imagine if Isaac Smith ends up going to the kennel as well as there are rumours indicating he might be headed there in 2020..

Wouldn't be surprised to see Zac Smith at the Bulldogs next year to be honest, imagine if Isaac Smith ends up going to the kennel as well as there are rumours indicating he might be headed there in 2020..

Na pass. Doesn’t seem to work hard enough in the ruck and can’t play FF either when resting. There’s a reason he’s behind Stanley, Fort and Abbott

Na pass. Doesn’t seem to work hard enough in the ruck and can’t play FF either when resting. There’s a reason he’s behind Stanley, Fort and Abbott

I remember his first game for the Cats, rested forward at times and kicked 3 snags.

He definitely has the talent and has shown glimpses over his career of being a great ruckman, but I agree he lacks the work ethic.

Stanley was in the same boat up until last year when he got a rocket put up him and has since had the work ethic to go with his talent, which is why he's now a top 5 ruckman in the comp.

I remember his first game for the Cats, rested forward at times and kicked 3 snags.

He definitely has the talent and has shown glimpses over his career of being a great ruckman, but I agree he lacks the work ethic.

Stanley was in the same boat up until last year when he got a rocket put up him and has since had the work ethic to go with his talent, which is why he's now a top 5 ruckman in the comp.

Will you delist Smith at the end of the season? Could see someone like Essendon taking him. Anyone is better than Zac Clarke.

Will you delist Smith at the end of the season? Could see someone like Essendon taking him. Anyone is better than Zac Clarke.

We've got 4 mature age rucks and he's the only one out of contract for next year so probably.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If clubs are smart they will stir clear and go after Abbott on the cats list. Dogs need a cheap plug in replacement who can play forward not Smith..

I remember when he left the Suns and had a fantastic first game for the Cats. Der-Wayne Russell dug in the boots about how the Suns has mismanaged this star ruckman, good call
He had a very good first two seasons for Geelong. Well worth it since they only gave up a couple of late picks for him.

He had a very good first two seasons for Geelong. Well worth it since they only gave up a couple of late picks for him.
I agree, my comment was more about Der-Wayne and his constant need to bash the Suns with little of no substance behind his comments. Saying Zac has been mismanaged and was a star after 1 good game is a perfect example of his idiocy

I agree, my comment was more about Der-Wayne and his constant need to bash the Suns with little of no substance behind his comments. Saying Zac has been mismanaged and was a star after 1 good game is a perfect example of his idiocy

Agreed.

It hasnt worked but for pick 53 + Gore it was worth the risk given our rucks at the time. You have done well with Witts.

With Rhys Stanley cementing himself as Geelong's number 1 ruck, Zac Smith is now on the outer, and having only played 3 games at AFL level this year, word is he may seek a trade at season's end for more opportunity.

What would Smith be worth at the trade table, given he is contracted until the end of 2019, and what clubs would be interested?
4th round pick and Swans.

Suns have done well, landed a solid back up for Witts and a couple of mature midfielders in Ellis and Greenwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back