hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
Is it a bit weird that Optus Stadium had the Telstra logos on the 50 metre arc last night?
Geelong have Toyota logos painted on their home ground and are sponsored by Ford.
Ground naming rights have to allow the user of the venue to display their own partners' logos and vice versa.
The Telstra logos are at all grounds every week for a number of seasons now - this is the (I think) third year.

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
Optus looking resplendant - but I don't see how adding the temporary seats along the far sideline would have prevented using the CGI signage unless it would have come so far forward that it covered some of the grass being used as green-screen.

Oct 5, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Port Melbourne, Norwood, St George
56,371 at A league GF

Beats the grand final record set 2006-07 A-League Grand Final by 935 people but still 5,509 behind the all time A-League/NSL attendance record set in 2016 for the first Sydney Derby at ANZ. It's also the biggest crowd Glory have played in front of in Perth and the biggest NSL/A-League crowd for them since 2000

jmac91

Perth Bandits Head Coach
Dec 27, 2017
Subiaco Oval
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Bandits
Just a question, Does Optus have Standing room? Because when I have been there I haven't seen it. That would be great for Major Matches to try and get as many people as possible into the ground.

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just a question, Does Optus have Standing room? Because when I have been there I haven't seen it. That would be great for Major Matches to try and get as many people as possible into the ground.

it has a small section that is standing room but it is for the elite and thus you wouldn't be packing people in there.

wal

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
EFFC
there is a place for wheel chairs and ****. you can kind of stand there but they will move you on if you linger there for the whole game.
At the back of my block there is a bench where you can stand and watch the game.
I have some mates with seats in the next block and quite often we don't even bother going to our seats, just stand and watch the game.

budge27

All Australian
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Redskins, Northwestern, Dodgers
I reckon they got another 1000 people in if they sold tickets to those standing room spots. It’s definitely not like the MCG standing room though where you get 100 or so people in each section, most designated spots at Optus can only have about 5-10 people able to stand in the ‘painted box’. Some of the standing room painted boxes have pretty crappy views, there’s a standing room box behind the goals at the train station end and because of the stairs to the next level if you stand in the middle of the box you have a very limited view.. but stand a metre outside the box to your right and it’s fine and you can see the whole ground! I’d bet if they did sell standing room tickets to these spots security would make you stay in the box..even if you couldn’t see very well..

The_Eagles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2005
North Fremantle
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
australia
block 110-130 or so definitely has lots of standing area benches. They guards never move you on here on the wing at least, unlike Subiaco where they would after 15 seconds, the police sometimes come stand about too.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
A few lower limb injuries happening at WA sides. Barrass is well known to got the stress fracture during training at the ground. Taberner has another freak fracture, the second year whilst playing on the ground. Plus Alex Pearce has recurring problems and again fractures his lower leg.
Edwards from West Coast has a navicular problem which could’ve been attributed to the ground.
The ground is known for its hardness and not similar to softer MCG. What’s the go with this? A harder outfield for cricket season?

Edit: Not Adams, meant Harry Edwards

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
A few lower limb injuries happening at WA sides. Barrass is well known to got the stress fracture during training at the ground. Taberner has another freak fracture, the second year whilst playing on the ground. Plus Alex Pearce has recurring problems and again fractures his lower leg.
Adams from West Coast has a navicular problem which could’ve been attributed to the ground.
The ground is known for its hardness and not similar to softer MCG. What’s the go with this? A harder outfield for cricket season?

Try comparing with Docklands not the G.

Back