Family & Relationships Mail Order Brides

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 11, 2005
On the Road to A.G
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
I used to work as a TA and would send a lot of old guys overseas to pick out a wife and the suburb i worked in was filled with older guys who would get younger Asian wives. If everyone is happy with the arrangement who really cares? Unless their is abuse or anything occurring I never understood why people would be so against it.

I remember one of my co-workers complaining because "they were taking all the good men".

No, they weren't. Most of these men are s**t. But they are rich, and don't want to be married to an old slob ogre woman from Australia when they can be with someone significantly younger and skinnier.

DaveyRS

Debutant
Jan 2, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
I used to work as a TA and would send a lot of old guys overseas to pick out a wife and the suburb i worked in was filled with older guys who would get younger Asian wives. If everyone is happy with the arrangement who really cares? Unless their is abuse or anything occurring I never understood why people would be so against it.

I remember one of my co-workers complaining because "they were taking all the good men".

No, they weren't. Most of these men are s**t. But they are rich, and don't want to be married to an old slob ogre woman from Australia when they can be with someone significantly younger and skinnier.

From my experience they aren’t actually rich just comparatively so compared to these third world hell holes

Angus Young

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn

This... young, hot, thin, foreign, sexy, femine female with beautiful long straight hair who dresses and acts like a women v white, fat, aussie masculine female with a gunt.

You call these men s**t.... I call them smart.

Last edited:

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
This... young, hot, thin, foreign, sexy, femine female with beautiful long straight hair who dresses and acts like a women v white, fat, aussie masculine female with a gunt.

I don't get the point though... surely you can't consider it a real relationship if you're paying for it. And am I being super idealistic/naive to think that even the sex won't be any good if she's doing it out of obligation?

Each to their own I guess... But I think it's a bit sad that people get so lonely that they go down this path. Cos you're giving up on ever having true companionship and a true relationship. You're just paying for a charade who is very likely to end up hating you for enslaving her.

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Saw an old guy, mid 80's with some tight 20 something. my god man good for him and good for her family getting paid

Tigger Please!

Koo Koo Ka-Choo
Oct 24, 2005
Bourgeois Bohemia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Wests Tigers
Are "mail order" grooms a thing now?
I've seen a few middle-aged women getting about with much younger African guys of late.
Good on 'em I say, they've probably endured their fill of unsatisfying relationships with philanderers, yobbos or slobs and have branched out to greener pastures.

Oct 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah plenty of that goes on bali, older single girls go there for a kuta cowboy, take them out, pay for everything and get their happy ending each night, or maybe just someone other than an aussie bogan to keep them company. Good luck to them.

Can see the attraction of an Asian wife tho, tight rigs and good cooks. Plus you'd have Eurasian kiddies who always look good. Probably wouldn't be anymore of a loveless marriage than what most people have here. Once the chemistry fades, most couples just go through the motions until the kids grow up, sex on birthdays/christmas,etc.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Yeah plenty of that goes on bali, older single girls go there for a kuta cowboy, take them out, pay for everything and get their happy ending each night, or maybe just someone other than an aussie bogan to keep them company. Good luck to them.

tumblr_mrvqgvWs3d1qmz4rgo5_250.gif

Angus Young

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I don't get the point though... surely you can't consider it a real relationship if you're paying for it. And am I being super idealistic/naive to think that even the sex won't be any good if she's doing it out of obligation?

Each to their own I guess... But I think it's a bit sad that people get so lonely that they go down this path. Cos you're giving up on ever having true companionship and a true relationship. You're just paying for a charade who is very likely to end up hating you for enslaving her.

fair point bro... i get it and you are right.

nothing beats a genuine relationship and you're right about everything you say

but does love really last?? maybe for some

I look at older guys with young women and say good for them... yeah shes using him for security, money as long as he is a real man and sets the boundaries and understands it is what it is and not be a *ing fool and think it;s love, and then trade her in when hes over it.

But if you're an older single guy in Australia your'e ****ed... u can either get some white aussie fatty divorce with 3 kids and a front bum or you can go to asia and get a femine young hotty... just understand it is what it is.. make the choice...

But you are a 100 per cent correct... genuine relationships are the most important thing.

But if you're old and single and don't have a relatiosnhip your screwed in feminist Australia. Head overseas where the hot young thin femine girls are.

JCHolmes

Team Captain
Nov 30, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Close mate has met someone from Indonesia and is in a relationship with this woman. Nothing but a good thing for all concerned. Probably one of the more genuine relationships I've had witness to up close.

They are very different to Australian women. They are extremely hard workers, often for very little. They have often been through more s**t then people here would realize. To meet a gentleman cashed up westerner, that would hold a door open for ya (seems a foreign concept over there and Europe) is like a dream come true for them. But I guess its easier for judgmental douches to paint both the old Aussie man and the young Balinese woman looking for love and companionship as nothing but shady seedy dodgy s**t.

CheapCharlie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney

Your thinking is way out

Why shouldn't guys give themselves some happiness and pleasure in life, with a solid supporting partner? This idea you should be waiting for companionship and a true relationship? What exactly is that?

That's where a lot of guys go wrong. They listen to the expectations of others, especially western women, and become afraid to reach out and find some companionship for themselves

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bobwarmer

Rookie
Mar 4, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
My old man did it b4 most had heard of it
Stitched in time I have childhood memories of being with them while at the shops and running into mates
embarrassment etched into my developing brain corridor

I've got an interesting story. Not really mail order bride but...

I was (and still am by the way) A young, slim, white Aussie female who had a relationship with a 60 something guy from Mauritius. Met him here and everything.
Wasn't for money but the fact he treated me well and after being used and disregarded by people my own age, to be treated like I was some sort of queen was very appealing.

Obviously circumstances means it was never going to be a life long thing but we both got what we wanted out of it. Companionship, a bit of sex and some emotional connection. I don't regret it at all.

A more on topic story is at my old workplace there was a guy who went to Thailand to get a wife (He was about 50) and we all expected him to come back with some young girl however he came back with a late 30s, early 40s woman who was overweight. But they love each other.

But yeah I don't judge people who do this. It doesn't effect my life so good luck to them

Perth gal

Premiership Player
Oct 19, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
My dad had been divorced 18 years and went to the Philippines and met someone. They have been married now 23 years and seem very happy. They live over there part time and in Australia part time.

Oct 3, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Cubs
I saw a movie about this. An old English dude orders a mail order bride from eastern Europe. After a few years she knocks him off and makes it look like an accident. She then inherits his estate and brings in the younger boyfriend. Imagine that - the hide of her:cool:

6yearsold

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Crystal Palace
I saw a movie about this. An old English dude orders a mail order bride from eastern Europe. After a few years she knocks him off and makes it look like an accident. She then inherits his estate and brings in the younger boyfriend. Imagine that - the hide of her:cool:

she had a big arse?

revo333

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

They won't get any sympathy from me.

I bet most Australian girls wouldn't date or marry someone if they were not very financial stable or career driven.

Girls overseas don't seem to care as much about it so more Australian guys are going to go overseas for a relationship.

I know a few guys who have done it, not mail order brides but have gone overseas for work and started dating someone quickly and ended up married.

They are nice guys, wouldn't do anyone wrong and yet they couldn't find anyone in Australia to date.

Australian girls are very picky.

Oct 3, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Cubs
I know a few guys who have done it, not mail order brides but have gone overseas for work and started dating someone quickly and ended up married.

They are nice guys, wouldn't do anyone wrong and yet they couldn't find anyone in Australia to date.

Australian girls are very picky.
Ironically you can blame Australian men for that.
Every Australian father raises their daughter to marry as successful a man as possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back