Decriminalisation of drugs... your thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

If you're happy to weight the burden of the law coming down onto those who actually cause a problem, then we don't need a field sobriety test.

The illusion is that the law protects people from drunk drivers etc, but even those who are driving under the influence are only punished if they are intercepted or an incident happens.

We might need to revise the law so that your actions while intoxicated are severely punished. I'm talking a serious aggravating factor to any other charge that lands you in prison.

If you're happy to weight the burden of the law coming down onto those who actually cause a problem, then we don't need a field sobriety test.

The illusion is that the law protects people from drunk drivers etc, but even those who are driving under the influence are only punished if they are intercepted or an incident happens.

We might need to revise the law so that your actions while intoxicated are severely punished. I'm talking a serious aggravating factor to any other charge that lands you in prison.
I'm all in favour of locking more people up if prison offered rehabilitation rather than just punishment which means spending real money on the prison system which is something no government is willing to do. America has shown that stacking ever greater numbers of people in prison in a seemingly perpetual cycle of incarceration followed by re-offending is a serious drain on society. We should be cautious to avoid their errors.

Anyway, cannabis saliva tests indicate the presence of delta-9-tetrahydrocannibinol in the oral cavity.

If the oral cavity is not exposed to cannabis then no delta-9-tetrahydrocannibinol can be detected.

Of course, I post this merely for education purposes.

I'm all in favour of locking more people up if prison offered rehabilitation rather than just punishment which means spending real money on the prison system which is something no government is willing to do. America has shown that stacking ever greater numbers of people in prison in a seemingly perpetual cycle of incarceration followed by re-offending is a serious drain on society. We should be cautious to avoid their errors.
Especially when people will later use the stats for those charged with dealing/trafficking offences plea dealing down to possession as evidence of a war on simple users.

I'd argue that someone who is sent to prison for crashing their car drunk or hurting someone while driving high doesn't need rehabilitation. They don't have a problem crashing their car, their problem is using drugs or alcohol and then driving.

They know that's not smart but all three activities are going to be publicly acceptable in the hypothetical being discussed.

The prison would just be punishment, maybe deterrent, but putting people on an education program so they know not to drive after too many beers or smashing some cones isn't going to achieve much in my opinion because that person is going to learn most of that lesson as soon as their car crashes.

Anyway, cannabis saliva tests indicate the presence of delta-9-tetrahydrocannibinol in the oral cavity.

If the oral cavity is not exposed to cannabis then no delta-9-tetrahydrocannibinol can be detected.

Of course, I post this merely for education purposes.
Can it be taken as a suppository?

Can it be taken as a suppository?

I guess you could put it in a capsule.......................then shove it up your arse.......................if that's your thing.

I see no reason why that wouldn't work, although absorption would probably be slower.

I guess you could put it in a capsule.......................then shove it up your arse.......................if that's your thing.

I see no reason why that wouldn't work, although absorption would probably be slower.
It might need to be water soluble, is there a chloride version of THC?

I had a really sore arm and as i walked to my mums it got worse and worse so i went into a pharmacy and the assistant said, it looks broken you should see a doctor. They have an onsite doc so i saw him and he immediately said "i am not giving you pain killers". I replied "actually, am after an xray" he was like you dont need one, it is just a sprain.

Anyway after spending the entire day in the garden yesterday (which felt like a summer day, i was in a summer dress), repotting plants, talking to the unhappy ones and apologizing for their wet feet and propagating plants and flowers. Well needless to say i had a marvelous day.

However today i cannot walk and it isn't myalgia. My feet, arm, ankles are swollen so am going to a and e to get all the tests done at once.

Point i am making is that doctors are so paranoid about certain drugs they dismiss people which can have very dangerous repercussions. And i am anything but fine. I can't even walk or drive and when i try i sometimes scream in agony.

Not all doctors are bad. I have a few i see. I have mainly been seeing ones in northcote, and they bulk bill. I am so lucky to have these doctors because they listen to you, care, are smart and go out of their way to help. I used to go to private clinics snd i rate my current doctors above them.

Also even if i was after pain killers, which i wasn't as i dont take them, so what, i am still human being so shouldn't be dismissed like i am not worth existing.

I do not like the way drug dependent people are treated by the majority of people 8n our society.

Also if you want to score sone meth, go to your nearest pokies. It is no coincidence that these are hot spots for meth addicts. The dopamine reward they get from ice and the pokies are two of the same and it is malicious to use vulnerable peoe like this and then treat them like they are the scum of the earth.

And i have ni doubt a bit of intelligent design has gone into this.

Drug Free World

The mental consequences of marijuana use are equally severe. Marijuana smokers have poorer memories and mental aptitude than do non-users.
Recent studies on young adults that smoke marijuana, found abnormalities in the brain related to emotion, motivation and decision-making.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smoking dope as a young un is the same as drinking, significant harm is done to the developing brain and nobody in their right mind would encourage it. As an adult the only psychosis people suffer as result of dope smoking is usually pre-existing anyway.

Smoking dope as a young un is the same as drinking, significant harm is done to the developing brain and nobody in their right mind would encourage it. As an adult the only psychosis people suffer as result of dope smoking is usually pre-existing anyway.

You're the drug version of climate change deniers.

Or just legalise all the drugs that are responsible for people ending up in prison and put the money used on incarceration and policing in education programs

I've seen too much harm surrounding drug use to support much of the "legalise drugs" philosophy. I think the area will and should always be under constant review regarding what's deemed acceptable to society and what isn't. There are too many variant possibilities accompanying drug use, spread between both the numerous variety of mediums available and the vastly different genetic, chemical and psychological compositions of those partaking in drug use.
For every person claiming they can handle some drugs "fine" and we should decriminalise more etc, I'll show you an equal if not greater number of people who simply, do not! That includes a number who think they are fine, but are actually incapable of real conception regarding various things happening in their lives that drug taking has affected without them being able to "join the dots".
You can't go the prohibition route, there are too may avenues available and it would be near impossible to control without huge resource input and or becoming some sort of dictatorial, controlled society. Attempts at prohibition in "free" societies would just drive it underground as we have seen historically.
As such I think society's position on drugs will always be and should always be under constant review and subject to change.That means debates going on into
perpetuity, which should please Chief no end:)

Look out, it may be happening now !!

In the US they are finding the number of car crashes involving stoned people has doubled since decriminalising. So you'd hope there was a crackdown to stop it happening here.

I couldnt care less if people get stoned in front of the TV. I do care if they endanger others.

Have the number of crashes spiked overall? THC can be tested for days. The drug might not have even caused one crash and these crashes would've happened anyway

I was hoping in vain that amid all this argument about who's taxing who more, someone with a bit of courage might have pointed out the potential revenue streams offered by legalisation of a beneficial herb.

You can't have courage in this era though mate. One party had the courage to go to the last election with some important and society changing policies. The other party went with nothing of any substance whatsoever.

And we know who won.

Inquest into Sydney's recent drug deaths has been running this week. Not a great deal of new information but it's gaining a bit of public traction at least.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back