News Swans Talk in the Media 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
On this day 20 years ago Lockett kicked his 1300th goal

Today Rampe in his press conference re 150 games Rampe talks on being one of the crowd who ran on the ground for Lockett's 1300th :)

Instead of "Where's Wally?" we need a "Where's Rampe?"

:) :)

The Gong

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Northern Districts Tigers
On this day 20 years ago Lockett kicked his 1300th goal

Today Rampe in his press conference re 150 games Rampe talks on being one of the crowd who ran on the ground for Lockett's 1300th :)

Instead of "Where's Wally?" we need a "Where's Rampe?"

:) :)

I rushed onto the ground that day as well but there was about 2000 people between me and Plugger. Pretty special moment.

Don't remember seeing Dane there. Story unconfirmed.

The Players association led by Dangerfield has released a statement on the treatment of Goodsey.
To be attributed to the Indigenous Advisory Board:
We were angry
with how Adam, one of the greatest to play the game, was faced with clear racial discrimination from members of the public during this time.
We are ashamed with how the game didn’t provide enough support to Adam during the most challenging time of his life.
We feel guilty that we, as his brothers, didn’t do more to protect him.
We are proud that he stood up for what is right.
We are hopeful that this moment will be remembered as a turning point for Indigenous people.

http://www.aflplayers.com.au/article/adam-goodes-documentary-statement/

People don't like Dangerfield , but to listen to him shows another side . Hate the frees he gets sometimes , but he's still a great player and spoke well about Adam.

I like Danger. Even his fishing show is fun. He seems both decent and intelligent. #freekickDanger is irritating but he is an absolute jet

I like Danger. Even his fishing show is fun. He seems both decent and intelligent. #freekickDanger is irritating but he is an absolute jet

If he was a Swan's player we wouldn't be complaining about him constantly going for free kicks.

I would love it if we had a player who could find a free kick in crucial situations like Danger or Selwood.

kelpie_X

Club Legend
Jul 26, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
If he was a Swan's player we wouldn't be complaining about him constantly going for free kicks.

I would love it if we had a player who could find a free kick in crucial situations like Danger or Selwood.
We had one in Hewett and he was ridiculed by many on this board for doing it. I thought it was great :D

...The free kick seeking by Hewett. Not those that condemned it.

He never ducked for the frees but had a great way of dropping the shoulder to get a free

People don't like Dangerfield , but to listen to him shows another side . Hate the frees he gets sometimes , but he's still a great player and spoke well about Adam.
Guilty as charged...and I agree with your comments 100%

Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
We had one in Hewett and he was ridiculed by many on this board for doing it. I thought it was great :D

...The free kick seeking by Hewett. Not those that condemned it.

He never ducked for the frees but had a great way of dropping the shoulder to get a free
Hewett is very good at milking a head high free in the F50

Spent an afternoon at my son's school Wednesday with Cyril Rioli the guest of honor... and a wonderful ceremony prior to their game. I hold hope that the generations following are more tolerant than the ones before them... it may never be wiped out but the education is growing all the time and you never know what might be achieved by some of our kids now in this area.

Cyril is a great man and his work of the footy field will be his defining legacy.

Spent an afternoon at my son's school Wednesday with Cyril Rioli the guest of honor... and a wonderful ceremony prior to their game. I hold hope that the generations following are more tolerant than the ones before them... it may never be wiped out but the education is growing all the time and you never know what might be achieved by some of our kids now in this area.

Cyril is a great man and his work of the footy field will be his defining legacy.

Comes from a great family. Maurice should have played for us. What a thrill for your boy and his classmates. I really hope you are right about attitudinal change among youngsters.

Jun 27, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sturt
Comes from a great family. Maurice should have played for us. What a thrill for your boy and his classmates. I really hope you are right about attitudinal change among youngsters.

Speaking of shoulda played for us, didn't we use the pick before the Hawks took Cyril to choose Veszpremi?

I hope attitudes are changing. One of the unpleasant things the Goodes affair told us is that a lot of people are no longer afraid to behave in racist way even though they reject the label. Looking forward to seeing the two docos.

bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Did you look at the goalpost?
I ran out onto the ground but I didn't see Rampe either. I even checked the goal posts.

My girlfriend was running ahead of me. She turned to look for me as she was running and slammed into Nathan Buckley. It was like hitting a wall. She went down like a fly being swatted. Buckley didn't break stride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back