Let's talk Ports! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dehydration effect of alcohol is at play, beyond the liver and general intoxication.
I'm not talking about intoxication effect eg 2 or 3 cans of beer vs 2 or 3 cans of coke. Both according to the researchers tell us they have similar affects on peak performance.

Meh. The negative effects of a few tins, 10 days out from the next game, would be negligible. I’d wager the benefits of relaxation and a bit of team bonding would outweigh them anyway.
Correct. An Olympic athlete in an individual sport like athletics, swimming, cycling, etc its all about me, me, me and there is no place to hide like a forward pocket or an interchange bench come game day, so they have to be at absolute peak. but their peak is usually ever 2 and 4 years at world champs and Olympics. Playing a team sport if you were anal and selfish like those in individual sports, the team wouldn't work well.

Correct. An Olympic athlete in an individual sport like athletics, swimming, cycling, etc its all about me, me, me and there is no place to hide like a forward pocket or an interchange bench come game day, so they have to be at absolute peak. but their peak is usually ever 2 and 4 years at world champs and Olympics. Playing a team sport if you were anal and selfish like those in individual sports, the team wouldn't work well.

If you wanna shine grab a stein.

Grumble, moan and groan. I just went to the Pro Drinkers Corner to be told that a gang of professional Aussie athletes went through like a plague of locusts this morning and drank the place dry.

Every beer is like making a withdrawal from your fitness bank. For a professional athlete, the fees are doubled.

Mindset needs to change from what players can get away with to how players can maintain peak physical condition. We have Boak setting the example, I really hope our younger players are taking notes.
Is that why they snort coke these days?

*allegedly*
No finger pointing... no inside info.

Read today's Tsier story about Byron Pickett and his nephew Kysaiah and it said he is only 170cms and 67kgs.
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/spor...n/news-story/7447e3126736d070021e09690c40ed90

Decided to look up Byron's stats on AFL tables and he is listed as playing at 178cms and 86kgs.

First time I stood next to him about 7 years ago at Alberton I was shocked I was a little taller than him (I'm 180cm). I assumed he was about 183-185cms as Wanganeen is taller than me as I stood next to him 20 years ago and was surprised back then, so naturally assumed Byron was taller than Gavin. He is one solid unit as I regularly see him at AO. Don't think he has cracked the tonne yet, is heavier than playing days but hasn't let himself go.

Ollie is listed at 190cms and 99kgs. If Byron kept his height weight ratio and was 190cms he would have been Ollie's weight. If he was a wrecking ball at 178cm and had plenty of speed for his weight, hate to think what carnage he would have done if he was Ollie's height.

Do you think alcohol in moderation is that destructive?
I know this is going to sound nuts. But they can drink all they want but how about not posting photos of it.

I have no problem with what i don't know is really going on. Let's face it they don't post photos of when they partake in party drugs (unless they are Shane Mumford) so show discretion with alcohol pics during season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Read today's Tsier story about Byron Pickett and his nephew Kysaiah and it said he is only 170cms and 67kgs.
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/spor...n/news-story/7447e3126736d070021e09690c40ed90

Ollie is listed at 190cms and 99kgs. If Byron kept his height weight ratio and was 190cms he would have been Ollie's weight. If he was a wrecking ball at 178cm and had plenty of speed for his weight, hate to think what carnage he would have done if he was Ollie's height.
Might have actually killed someone on the footy field

I know this is going to sound nuts. But they can drink all they want but how about not posting photos of it.

I have no problem with what i don't know is really going on. Let's face it they don't post photos of when they partake in party drugs (unless they are Shane Mumford) so show discretion with alcohol pics during season.
I am with you on that, to a degree. Just be judicious about social media, understanding that people all have different opinions, etc. But on the otherhand, the club has publicly stated that it allows them to have a beer in downtime. The players (eg Dixon in his latest interview) have mentioned they will have a beer from time to time mid-season. We all know it, and I personally dont see an issue with it, esp during the week off for them. So is there really a need to pretend it doesnt happen?

If this was during the mid-week training before a match, well that is totally different!

Personally ... "storm in a teacup" for me. Or in this case " .... in a beer can"

How good is having the bye this week?

We are playing one of the better SANFL clubs at Alberton, have a few potential first teamers possibly selected and the club I coach has a bye as well!!

GO THE MAGGIES!!!

How good is having the bye this week?

We are playing one of the better SANFL clubs at Alberton, have a few potential first teamers possibly selected and the club I coach has a bye as well!!

GO THE MAGGIES!!!

At this stage I'm heading down for a gander.

Under no circumstances do we offer him two years. The club won't budge on this one. This is his management trying to do their jobs. No one who does a medical on Ryder would offer him 2.

And here I was thinking 2019 would be Ryder's last year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back