List Mgmt. Who is playing for their careers? 2019 edition.

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we’ll find Skinner up front at some point. When that happens Payne slots into the spot you have for Skinner down back.
I agree Payne when he gets games under his belt be looking at Walkers spot down back. I really like Walker although been dropped twice this year for match ups.
I really like Skinner has a lot of upsides, what I was saying if McStay and Hipwood ahead of him up front it be hard for him.
We also have Ballenden swapping front and back like Skinner although he rucks a little and also Fullerton forward/ruck.
And if Adams comes back another swing man.
Have a lot of tall guys with talent apart from Walker the other talls in seniors look cemented.

Talls take time although have a few on the list hence the question who we move on.

I agree Payne when he gets games under his belt be looking at Walkers spot down back. I really like Walker although been dropped twice this year for match ups.
I really like Skinner has a lot of upsides, what I was saying if McStay and Hipwood ahead of him up front it be hard for him.
We also have Ballenden swapping front and back like Skinner although he rucks a little and also Fullerton forward/ruck.
Have a lot of tall guys with talent apart from Walker the other talls in seniors look cemented.

Talls take time although have a few on the list hence the question who we move on.
Isnt Dan out of contract at the end of the year? Can someone confirm. If he is out of contract at the end of the season, why hasn't he been re-signed already?

Witho just signed for more years, so you wonder if they working out what cash they have.
Alex wasn't out of contract until end of 2020. Dan is out of contract at the end of this season. I would of thought it was more important to lock Dan in before someone who is out of contract at the end of 2020 with just 12 home & away games remaining.

Alex wasn't out of contract until end of 2020. Dan is out of contract at the end of this season. I would of thought it was more important to lock Dan in before someone who is out of contract at the end of 2020 with just 12 home & away games remaining.
Still be cash flow.. Although yes I agree you wonder why those in the seniors are still OOC.
You think McStay, Lester and Walker be a lock and Robbo will be the 2 years vs 1 again.
With McStay not like he been dropped like Lester and Walker.
You assume he wanted so is it $ or years of contract.. Or is he wondering about other offers to go home.
Not privy to details of course :)

I wouldn’t be surprised to Walker traded and if there is no interest potentially delisted. He has been the first guy out twice this year and I see the club keeping the younger guys like Skinner and Payne over Josh, both the younger boys are coming into very good form and the approaching the age you typically see them comes in the androids, which is unfortunate for him if it plays out that way.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I still think Walker will get better in defence. He played most of his life as a forward.
The weeks Andrews went he stood up well. We have Payne and Skinner coming through yes be hard which way they go.
I like what I have seen of Walk's when he got switched into the backline. The way he transitioned into a backman was kudos to him. It would be a mistake to delist him at the end of the year I think. He's still not that old and has plenty of footy left in him. If he was let go, I think that would be the end of his AFL career as I doubt other clubs would show any interest.

I don't doubt negotiations on all of them will be going on in parallel. Maybe Witherden was less demanding on his contract - Dan plays a more higher demand position in KPF for example, so might be hanging out for a bigger packet if he strings a good year together.

Putting all our eggs in one basket by only negotiating with Dan until that one is settled would leave us behind the eight ball in retaining the rest.

I don't doubt negotiations on all of them will be going on in parallel. Maybe Witherden was less demanding on his contract - Dan plays a more higher demand position in KPF for example, so might be hanging out for a bigger packet if he strings a good year together.

Putting all our eggs in one basket by only negotiating with Dan until that one is settled would leave us behind the eight ball in retaining the rest.
I got no doubt they are not putting anyone else's contract negotiations on hold until Dan's destiny is finalised but I just find it strange he isn't already locked away considering the lack of key forward talent in the AFL ranks right now. I think a decent key forward or an up and coming key forward are extremely valuable to any club right now.

I got no doubt they are not putting anyone else's contract negotiations on hold until Dan's destiny is finalised but I just find it strange he isn't already locked away considering the lack of key forward talent in the AFL ranks right now. I think a decent key forward or an up and coming key forward are extremely valuable to any club right now.
I agree, but I suspect it's that disagreement over value - Dan probably wants something commiserate with what good KPFs are paid but we'd offer what we think he's worth in our system. Without any inside knowledge Dan is one of the ones I'm more confident we'll retain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we need to lock Daniel McStay up on a 3 year deal ASAP, IMO he is very close to having a really big breakout game followed by a stretch of good games, he's building very nicely, I see him at his best being just as good as a peak Jack Darling. Slot one of those 20-25 meter shots early and he'll kick a bag.

Other clubs could come knocking with a big $$$$ offer if so.

Definitely 3 years. 500kish probably realistic? I know Sam Weideman is younger and will get more money whenever he re-signs/leaves Melbourne but I think they are equivalent sorts of players so I can't see 350-400k being enough.
I recently heard on a podcast that apparently Weideman’s management are asking for $1mil/yr!
Same with Tim Kelly!

I recently heard on a podcast that apparently Weideman’s management are asking for $1mil/yr!
Same with Tim Kelly!
Lots of players would be asking for insane amounts. It is the role of a good club like ours (Noble) to put get them to sign where they are actually worth. I actually think McStay is ebtter than Weiderman who has had 1 good year

Lots of players would be asking for insane amounts. It is the role of a good club like ours (Noble) to put get them to sign where they are actually worth. I actually think McStay is ebtter than Weiderman who has had 1 good year
I would probably be more inclined to say that he has had 1 good Month!

We will start getting to the what are they worth open market vs what is it worth. If they put $ first.
Good teams take a little unders to keep everyone. We previously paid overs to keep people.
There is a balance. Potential vs what they are producing.
A lot of teams vultures now and throw $$$ to get players.
Look at GWS have a lot of depth, although each year the open market keeps grabbing players. You would think they start struggling in a few years as that depth goes. As said the teams that seen as a chance players take a hit for a medal. Hope our players see a bright future in the next few years.

Time to revisit this at the bye, still quite a large list of players OOC this year-

Ryan Bastinac- Delisted.
Stefan Martin- Retire.

Lewis Taylor- Stays.
Tom Cutler- Trade.
Ben Keays- Trade/Delist.

Sam Skinner- Stays.
Daniel McStay- Stays.
Nicholas Robertson- Stays.
Corey Lyons- Delisted.
Luke Hodge- Retire.

Allen Christensen- Stays.
Matt Eagles- Delisted.
Mitchell Hinge- Stays.
Mitch Robinson- Stays.
Josh Walker- Stays.
Ryan Lester- Stays.

This is not necessarily what I want to happen but based on the year so far what I think the club will do, Stef will be 33 later this year, maybe gets 1 more year, Bundy may be let go as well and Lester kept on as depth and leadership in the NEAFL. I still think Cutler offers something but time is running out for him and others to show their worth at senior level.

That's 7 players departing, ideally I'd like to see 2 quality trade ins and 5 through the draft one of which must be Keidean Coleman.

Time to revisit this at the bye, still quite a large list of players OOC this year-

Ryan Bastinac- Delisted.
Stefan Martin- Retire.

Lewis Taylor- Stays.
Tom Cutler- Trade.
Ben Keays- Trade/Delist.

Sam Skinner- Stays.
Daniel McStay- Stays.
Nicholas Robertson- Stays.
Corey Lyons- Delisted.
Luke Hodge- Retire.

Allen Christensen- Stays.
Matt Eagles- Delisted.
Mitchell Hinge- Stays.
Mitch Robinson- Stays.
Josh Walker- Stays.
Ryan Lester- Stays.

This is not necessarily what I want to happen but based on the year so far what I think the club will do, Stef will be 33 later this year, maybe gets 1 more year, Bundy may be let go as well and Lester kept on as depth and leadership in the NEAFL. I still think Cutler offers something but time is running out for him and others to show their worth at senior level.

That's 7 players departing, ideally I'd like to see 2 quality trade ins and 5 through the draft one of which must be Keidean Coleman.

Cant see Bundy getting another contract

Cant see Bundy getting another contract
Yer I did mention him as a possible delisting down the bottom of my post, I still think he may get another go at it in the 2nd half of the year, its then up to him. If he spends the rest of the year in the NEAFL he's a definite delisting I agree.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back