List Mgmt. Trade Targets / Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's going to be tight in working out whether we need that 2nd rounder for Mead. As it stands right now picks 59,60, 65 & 66 = 474 points. The only way that these points would be adequate would be if Mead is available at pick 29 (653 - 197 discount = 456). We will probably need to trade next years 3rd rounder with someone this year or trade a player to make sure we've got sufficient points.
If Mead is bid on at pick 29 (the Crows right now, https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-06-04/indicative-draft-order-after-round-11) then our next pick (30 right now) is what will be used to match the points. It would slide down to wear its remaining points indicate.

You don't get to horde heaps of low picks and use those to match while still holding your early picks. In order to use those lower picks for Mead, we'd have to trade up our second round pick to one before Mead is bid on.

It's basically like this - (Primary ruck) + (Primary key forward/Secondary athletic forward/Resting ruck/forward):

Ryder in ruck + Dixon/Howard/Lycett forward > Lycett in ruck + Dixon/Howard/Frampton forward > Ryder in ruck + Dixon/Howard/Frampton forward > Lycett in ruck + Dixon/Howard/Ryder forward > Frampton in ruck + Dixon/Howard/Lycett forward > Frampton in ruck + Dixon/Howard/Ryder forward.

The same categories apply for Marshall replacing Howard...he's just not as good a forward as Howard is so they are all the next tier below.

It's all really dependent on how much wear and tear Ryder's body can take. If he's going somewhere for a multi year deal, it will because the team he goes to will use him as a primary ruck. He can do that for the occasional game, but he said after the Hawthorn game that he sent Lycett a text saying how much he appreciates what he does for the team and how he can't wait to get him back out there again.

I'd be waiting and seeing what the team looks like when Dixon is playing and our forward line has a bit more presence about it.

We shouldn't try and get Coniglio either, only had 1 HO in the last 3 seasons.

Brodie Grundy also a massive flop, only had the 5 tackles inside 50 this year.
They haven't had 3 knee recos last time i checked?

They haven't had 3 knee recos last time i checked?
The point was listing Patton's possessions is a pretty poor stat to judge how well he played in 2016 and 2017.

Patton's 13 disposals in 2017 is better than Jay Schulz's 12.5 disposals in 2014. We really should've delisted him after that performance.

In 2017, Patton kicked 45.23 with his 13 disposals per game. Charlie Dixon led our goal kicking with a total of 49.30.
He kicked 38.16 with his 10 disposals per game in 2016. Chad Wingard led our goal kicking with 38.24.

I'd say "pretty solid" is underselling Patton's 2016 and 2017.

tbh Lycett and Ladhams and Hayes is better for our list health than Ryder loitering another year

Hayes has been out of the game too long, he'd be 12-18 months away from AFL level. I'd have no issue with Ryder getting another year and passing some knowledge onto Hayes/Ladhams.

If Mead is bid on at pick 29 (the Crows right now, https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-06-04/indicative-draft-order-after-round-11) then our next pick (30 right now) is what will be used to match the points. It would slide down to wear its remaining points indicate.

You don't get to horde heaps of low picks and use those to match while still holding your early picks. In order to use those lower picks for Mead, we'd have to trade up our second round pick to one before Mead is bid on.
That's exactly what I'm saying, if we think we can match the points by hording low picks then that's what we'll do and then trade out our 2nd round pick for a player or an upgrade our 1st pick. The trade period obviously happens first so we'll know what our intentions are before draft day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hayes has been out of the game too long, he'd be 12-18 months away from AFL level. I'd have no issue with Ryder getting another year and passing some knowledge onto Hayes/Ladhams.

I'd be perfectly happy to go into next year with just Lycett + Ladhams + Hayes if we were guaranteed that Lycett was going to stay fit all year. Since that's not possible, I think we still need Ryder for one more year. I don't think Ladhams and Hayes are at the point yet where we could rely on them if Lycett went down.

For me our best structure of talls next year would be Lycett rucking with Dixon, Howard and Marshall our three kpfs. Marshall would thrive on this as he’ll be the third target and won’t get as much attention as he did this year.

I think Lycett is a better option than Ryder but I’m not sure we should be trading Ryder out unless we get something important back.

Giving him away for nothing would be insane IMO.

The point was listing Patton's possessions is a pretty poor stat to judge how well he played in 2016 and 2017.

Patton's 13 disposals in 2017 is better than Jay Schulz's 12.5 disposals in 2014. We really should've delisted him after that performance.

In 2017, Patton kicked 45.23 with his 13 disposals per game. Charlie Dixon led our goal kicking with a total of 49.30.
He kicked 38.16 with his 10 disposals per game in 2016. Chad Wingard led our goal kicking with 38.24.

I'd say "pretty solid" is underselling Patton's 2016 and 2017.
I know what the point was but what's the point in going after patton is my point.

A 1 year deal is fine. Make it a challenge for Ladhams or Hayes to do as well as possible and take his spot by the end of 2020.
If Hinkley remains, selection is not based on merit. Would rather that we back in one of the few areas of our club that are working well with a bit more draft capital than allow a dead duck coach another crutch to hold him up

If Hinkley remains, selection is not based on merit. Would rather that we back in one of the few areas of our club that are working well with a bit more draft capital than allow a dead duck coach another crutch to hold him up
Wanting to trade out Ryder because he could win Ken games is way tooo pessimistic.

I think Lycett is a better option than Ryder but I’m not sure we should be trading Ryder out unless we get something important back.

Giving him away for nothing would be insane IMO.

3rd round pick or he gets where he wants in the preseason draft.
I don't think it's a problem he is a tap Ruckman who may not be in the team once Charlie is back. I'm happy to see he gets somewhere that benefits him.

Wanting to trade out Ryder because he could win Ken games is way tooo pessimistic.
Not because he could win Ken games, are you dead in the brain?

Its because he is blocking rucks that we need post-Ken, and Ken does not give two shits.

Its because in the next three years we lose a bunch of Ken’s faves and when he and they are gone I’d like the rest of our squad to have played more games at Adelaide Oval than Noarlunga.

Not because he could win Ken games, are you dead in the brain?

Its because he is blocking rucks that we need post-Ken, and Ken does not give two shits.

Its because in the next three years we lose a bunch of Ken’s faves and when he and they are gone I’d like the rest of our squad to have played more games at Adelaide Oval than Noarlunga.
He’s blocking them because he wins games.

If Ken is here next year it’s because we’ve at the very least made finals this year. I’ll take a shot at a premiership over games into Ladhams every day of the week.

If the club believes we have no shot at a flag next year and trades out Ryder then you can be damn sure they sack Hinkley at the same time.

If Ken is here next year it’s because we’ve at the very least made finals this year.
Yeah nah. It’ll be because he’s contracted more like.

I’ll take a shot at a premiership over games into Ladhams every day of the week
So old Ken’s going to give us a shot a premiership, is he?

And Ladhams or Hayes instead of Ryder precludes premierships, right?

Nothing but lols

Yeah nah. It’ll be because he’s contracted more like.

So old Ken’s going to give us a shot a premiership, is he?

And Ladhams or Hayes instead of Ryder precludes premierships, right?

Nothing but lols

Contracted and no one else wants him.

I think the point was, not dumping Ryder for the sake of getting games into those two. Winning a premiership means playing the better player, and as of now that’s Ryder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back