Preview Round 12, 2019 - Carlton vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was iffy on this one earlier in the week but now I think I'll be disappointed if we can't win this one comfortably.
I'll be a little bit more than disappointed if we don't win, more like disgruntled, disillusioned, distressed and vanquished.

Comfortable win would be great.

Kade Simpson, Dale Thomas and Mitch McGovern in for the Blues, certainly adds some experience and you would think they'll be better than last week with them in.

Good ins for Carlton. They’ll stretch us down back

In: D.Thomas, L.O'Brien, M.McGovern, K.Simpson
Out: A.Fasolo, M.Kennedy, L.Stocker (injured), D.Lang (injured)

Interesting that Oscar is an emergency. Can’t understand playing Archie ahead of him

I actually think Archie's physicality will come in handy in quelling Kreuzer.

Love Allison getting back in the squad. His form in NEAFL is fantastic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good ins for Carlton. They’ll stretch us down back

In: D.Thomas, L.O'Brien, M.McGovern, K.Simpson
Out: A.Fasolo, M.Kennedy, L.Stocker (injured), D.Lang (injured)

Agree, Surprised we haven't brought in walker to cover one of Carlton's three talls.

We seem way too short.

Me neither . Not comparable at this juncture in my book. Mystery.

Big ins for Carlton with lots of experience and guys who are likely to fire the younger guys up.

I guess the risk is that things click for them with the shackles off which is there only way of approaching this match given the lead up. But they still need to do it for 4 quarters.

No Lester either who is able to play on all sizes.

Interesting selections. Just Andrews and Gardiner to cover their 3 talls.
I guess Allison could play tall, but I’d have thought he’d play wing.

Really odd team we’ve gone in with this week. Combined with Carlton’s really good ins, I’d say our chances have nosedived considerably.

So Keays has a solid game and is given the arse, yet multiple other players have games where they only get 3 touches and repeated average games and don’t get dropped.

Yeah, there’s no double standards at the selection table.:rolleyes:

Incomparable. We needed a faster wingman. Keays did a good job which Fagan acknowledged, but he lost his spot due to the need for pace. Allison is in very good form which helps.

So Keays has a solid game and is given the arse, yet multiple other players have games where they only get 3 touches and repeated average games and don’t get dropped.

Yeah, there’s no double standards at the selection table.:rolleyes:

Try listening to Fages talking. He said today he’s happy to change the team for team balance and replacing Keays for Allison is clearly that.

No Lester either who is able to play on all sizes.

Interesting selections. Just Andrews and Gardiner to cover their 3 talls.
Allison is not short n McStay as back up.....Martin doing ok forward last week may have helped the shorter team.

Agree, Surprised we haven't brought in walker to cover one of Carlton's three talls.

We seem way too short.
Robertson is a good match up for McGovern
Gardiner on Curnow and Andrews on McKay our height down back is fine.

Happy for Allison but geese hard to explain the Keays omission. Keays has been in the bests for nearly the entire NEAFL season and gets 1 game whereas others get to play through their times where they aren't playing too well. I mean l agree, l think Allison would be better and l would prefer Rayner in the team but you would think there would be some disgruntled people in the Reserves team. Fagan has to watch out for that as there do seem to be double standards.

The other thing l noticed is that who are we putting on their 3 talls. We have andrews and Gardiner...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back