Random Discussion Thread 141- Powered by <redacted>

Status
Not open for further replies.

giphy.gif

Troubleshooting spreadsheets for bean counters who have a bajillion of those suckers in their spreadsheet and insist on having the auto calculate setting on as well. Change one value and the who workbook recalculates and brings the CPU to a grinding halt o_O

woosha24

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I just finished watching Black Summer on Netflix last night. Dunno if I like it or not.

On the one hand, the rage-zombies were a nice change of pace from the shambling dead and it was good to see what would happen if a bunch civvies in a suburban area faced off against the threat.

On the other hand, everyone in the show is either super dumb or totally willing to execute randos at the drop of a hat without remorse. Also the lady who only speak Korean needs subtitles - there were a couple of scenes where the only dialogue came from her, and it would have been nice to understand what she was saying.

I just finished watching Black Summer on Netflix last night. Dunno if I like it or not.

On the one hand, the rage-zombies were a nice change of pace from the shambling dead and it was good to see what would happen if a bunch civvies in a suburban area faced off against the threat.

On the other hand, everyone in the show is either super dumb or totally willing to execute randos at the drop of a hat without remorse. Also the lady who only speak Korean needs subtitles - there were a couple of stretches where the only dialogue came from her, and it would have been nice to understand what she was saying.

It's the prequel to Z Nation isn't it? I liked the start of Z Nation but it went down hill fast

woosha24

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
It's the prequel to Z Nation isn't it? I liked the start of Z Nation but it went down hill fast

Dunno. I went in blind and haven't bothered to check anything further out.

It was just ok I guess. I wasn't personally invested in any of the characters at the end. Although I did like that death scenes weren't played out for dramatic effect - most of the time if a character died, they died and the scene kept going. Getting run down by a zombie horde and one of the team has a broken leg? We aint got time for that! *BLAM!*

HoneyBadger35 are the Wildcats social media team behind the Perth Bandits twitter handle as well? I did laugh at this tweet from the other day

Nah it’s a fan made account that pounced on the opportunity when that article was run, doesn’t have anything to do with the actual media team. Good content though.

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast

On the other hand, everyone in the show is either super dumb or totally willing to execute randos at the drop of a hat without remorse. Also the lady who only speak Korean needs subtitles - there were a couple of scenes where the only dialogue came from her, and it would have been nice to understand what she was saying.
I couldn't get past half way through the third ep, so many morons. They were that stupid I couldn't suspend reality, the zombies were fine but I couldn't believe that people could act that idiotically. Should have just imagined they were in the AFL media I guess.

Luuuc

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx
Nah it’s a fan made account that pounced on the opportunity when that article was run, doesn’t have anything to do with the actual media team. Good content though.
It's going from strength to strength atm

Truckosaurus

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Transpose the W and the S and hope the Giants come good? Take off the 'Golden State' bit and start supporting WA in the Shield really intently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back