Preview Round 12, 2019 - Carlton vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walker should throw himself into the draft at the end of the season if Robertson is getting a game before he is. He should send all clubs a recording of this year’s Brisbane v Port Adelaide game and at 27 years of age at the start of Season 2020 he will get snapped up.

We do seem short down back for this match which is a little surprising given our list.

Can't compare McInerny to Archie in my view ,but there it is.

I guess the thinking might be that Harris will get his hands to whatever comes down there . McGovern hasn't clunked many these year ,let's hope it's not this week . Simpson is still a good player and rarely coughs it up.

Not much point analysing it all ,we just need to go out there playing like we really need to win it .

Yet, team balance was ignored for the Dogs and Dockers game?

I’m not saying they get it right every time but it should be clear to everybody with half a brain cell that they’re not playing favourites.

I think most on here believe Allison is more likely be on our list next year than Keays so I think it’s a good move beyond just for team balance.

I guess Allison could play tall, but I’d have thought he’d play wing.

Really odd team we’ve gone in with this week. Combined with Carlton’s really good ins, I’d say our chances have nosedived considerably.
If we lose, we lost it at the Selection Table. Signs of hubris setting in.

Walker should throw himself into the draft at the end of the season if Robertson is getting a game before he is. He should send all clubs a recording of this year’s Brisbane v Port Adelaide game and at 27 years of age at the start of Season 2020 he will get snapped up.

Understand your theory although Walker loves it at the club, good friends with a lot of the boys and I believe it would have to be a massive falling out to make those views change, not being dropped for two games in the ressy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So Keays has a solid game and is given the arse, yet multiple other players have games where they only get 3 touches and repeated average games and don’t get dropped.

Yeah, there’s no double standards at the selection table.:rolleyes:

Got to give you credit for sticking fat to the narratives you create.

Maybe one day you might consider the possibility that maybe Fagan doesn’t share your view that team selection is a tool used for punitive correction of individuals.

Maybe he might consider other factors such as whether players are meeting the specific requirements of their role in the overall team structure/game plan?

Or maybe he picks slightly different teams based on our opponent that week?

Nahhhhh, easier to believe that he is just “playing favourites” despite the fact that players at both senior and reserve level seem more content than ever in their place at the club and how well they are informed of what they need to do play senior footy.

So Keays has a solid game and is given the arse, yet multiple other players have games where they only get 3 touches and repeated average games and don’t get dropped.

Yeah, there’s no double standards at the selection table.:rolleyes:
Was waiting for the melt, could add more but TBD is far more articulate than I would be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We also have the option to swing Mcstay back and play with a shorter forward line with Archie/Stef as the down the line bail out kick.
Hippy at CHF and Rayner as your old school full forward leading out of the square.
We went smaller and faster against West coast in round 1 and it really worked for us!

On the flip side. Let’s see if our forwards can all turn it on at once. Hipwood owes us a decent performance. McSpray has improved, but still can’t kick and goes missing for extended periods. Rayner has seven disposals, which he thought warranted breaking out the cheese and Cameron is up and down. The secret this week will be how well these four perform. The midfield will give them plenty of ball to work with, that’s for sure, but it all comes down to the forwards. If we can kick a higher score than Carlton we will win.

Got to give you credit for sticking fast to the narratives you create.

Maybe one day you might consider the possibility that maybe Fagan doesn’t share your view that team selection is a tool used for punitive correction of individuals.

Maybe he might consider other factors such as whether players are meeting the specific requirements of their role in the overall team structure/game plan?

Or maybe he picks slightly different teams based on our opponent that week?

Nahhhhh, easier to believe that he is just “playing favourites” despite the fact that players at both senior and reserve level seem more content than ever in their place and the club and how well they are informed of what they need to do play senior footy.
We're only people on a blog with an opinion. I think overall the selectors do what they think is best of course.

But every coach in the history of team sports has their favorites ,which is what they're paid to do . Sometimes they stick with people a bit longer than others.

I think Allison is a better prospect than Keays so in this instance I get it .

It's not an easy task shuffling players ,always going to be someone unhappy.

Happy Allison getting a run.This myth that Keays had a great game is preposterous.Kicked into the man 20 out then shanked a set shot 35-40 out.If you aren’t able to convert your opportunities when you are a fringe player you don’t get a free pass not enough credits in the bank.He tried hard and was passable for his pressure and tackles but he didn’t grab his chance to lock down a spot in our best 22.

Yep; Walker's continued omission is ridiculous.

Hope it doesn't cost us and given Carlton's ins and our named side; I won't be heading to the Docklands with any confidence whatsoever.

Shame really, given the occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back