Key position allrounders from the past

Remove this Banner Ad

caspian

Team Captain
Jan 6, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Vaguely cricket world cup related- who in AFL history are the best key position allrounders? Full backs that could go forward once in a while and kick a bag. Full forwards who you could throw back in defence if you badly needed it. There's a few pinch hitters from years past (I'm thinking Ash McIntosh and Silvagni? from what I remember?) but are there any who were genuine all rounder quality- that is, any who'd be a potential first choice for either position? I can't seem to think of all that many, but I'm sure there's a heap of examples from the early 90's and before that I was simply too young for.

Luke McPharlin
Mathew Pavlich

ayyy forgot about Pav. Bit embarrassing considering how many of his games I've seen over the years. A genuine champion on either end of the field! Trying to remember if he mostly played CHB or FB, from memory mostly the former.

Vaguely cricket world cup related- who in AFL history are the best key position allrounders? Full backs that could go forward once in a while and kick a bag. Full forwards who you could throw back in defence if you badly needed it. There's a few pinch hitters from years past (I'm thinking Ash McIntosh and Silvagni? from what I remember?) but are there any who were genuine all rounder quality- that is, any who'd be a potential first choice for either position? I can't seem to think of all that many, but I'm sure there's a heap of examples from the early 90's and before that I was simply too young for.

Worsfold didn't need a plan C because his plan B was to throw Hunter forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The ultimate swing man...CHF..CHB...back and forth all day long depending what was required.

Sheedy was blessed with a captain he could call on to play the role. No message needed by the runner ..just a quick signal and TD would be on the job . 9DF8D153-6D21-48D5-A627-E9BB01FA0C04.jpeg

Worsfold didn't need a plan C because his plan B was to throw Hunter forward.

Hunter was awesome. Natural aggression, thick as a brick...played his role when switched.

Im glad he doesn’t use Hurley for the same role..leave him back..good man Woosh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back