Roast The Chronicles of Alan Richardson - Part II - Richo Resigns (16/07)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I don’t have winning or losing games as such. I work on losing and winning each 2 fifty games so may beat dogs but lose to Melbourne if you get what I’m saying. It all starts next week though. Lose that and we could lose every game. Win impressively and we could win more than I think.
Agreed - as many (including myself) have stated, next week is season defining - we will learn exactly where we are at.

good way to look at it I think - look at blocks.

Our next block is the best one of the season I reckon as I don't mark any as a guaranteed loss.

Gold Coast in Townsville
Brisbane at Marvel
Richmond at Marvel
North in tassie

Would like to think we win the GC game and 50/50 in the other three. Richmond have already lost twice at Marvel and we will get more players back hopefully so you just never know.

Then a very tough block:

Geelong in Geelong
Bulldogs at Marvel
Melbourne at Marvel
Adelaide in adelaide

don't see us beating geelong or adelaide but the other two very gettable. 50/50

Then the run home

Freo at Marvel
Carlton at the G
Sydney at the SCG

COuld win all three, could capitulate and lose all three. should beat carlton, other two are 50/50 at worst

So 9/11 are 50/50 at this point. As I've said all year, if we are good enough to make finals, we will beat more than we lost to in 50/50s.

Just cleaned the thread up.

I shouldn't have let that rubbish continue for as long as it did. Sorry if you had to read through it.

What we will be doing from herein however is enforcing the rules more strictly. We've been far to laid back in some of the abusive comments towards people at the club and that needs to be reigned in.

Here's the rule;

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...ilda-board-please-read-before-posting.324902/

I'll just be deleting posts that I see as overly negative and if the behaviour continues warnings will be given. Sorry if that irks some people but rules are rules and we haven't been enforcing them.

Criticise the club if you wish but refer to the points above. Play the ball, not the man.

Cheers.
Not being able to imply incompetence without significant proof is a bit over the top isn't it

It obviously comes down to how its moderated regardless but there's potential for heavy handedness there isn't there?

Not being able to imply incompetence without significant proof is a bit over the top isn't it

It obviously comes down to how its moderated regardless but there's potential for heavy handedness there isn't there?
To be honest I think this thread itself is against the rules of the board. But I'm not a stickler and can see how the state of affairs on field would lead people to let out their frustrations - this thread was made so we didn't have an entire board filled of the same stuff.

But yes, overly negative criticism of the club or repetitive criticism of the club isn't supposed to be tolerated here yet we have let it continue. I think we all need to be better, myself included.

In comparison our board is very lenient compared to other clubs boards and I think people here have taken that for granted.

It would be nice to have a mature discussion about the club without the need for personal attacks.

Do you know how many 100 point wins we've had under him?
1 I think.
Have we scored 100 points under him?
We have. 24 times!

Although just out of interest I went through our scores to see what we have been scoring:
0-9: 0
10-19: 0
20-29: 1
30-39: 6
40-49: 4
50-59: 19
60-69: 19
70-79: 23
80-89: 16
90-99: 9
100-109: 11
110-119: 6
120-129: 2
130-139: 3
140-149: 0
150-159: 0
160-169: 2

In graph form for you graph aficionados:
Lw25qjt.png

Our highest score under Richo is 162 lowest is 29.

Last edited:
1 I think.

We have. 24 times!

Although just out of interest I went through our scores to see what we have been scoring:

Lw25qjt.png

Median and average?

1 I think.

We have. 24 times!

Lw25qjt.png

Nice post mate! I had a look at that stuff a month or so ago as well after noticing how low our scores were. Haven't scored 100pts in a game since Round 18 2018 from memory (against Carlton).

I think it's our biggest area of concern right now.

Nice post mate! I had a look at that stuff a month or so ago as well after noticing how low our scores were. Haven't scored 100pts in a game since Round 18 2018 from memory (against Carlton).

I think it's our biggest area of concern right now.
We now have the longest drought of a hundred points I think. Unless Gold Coast have gone longer I forget.

You’re correct not cookie. One - by 110 points against Essendon in 2015. How sweet that was!

That was where the 162 came from too I believe. Bit disappointing.

I miss kicking cricket scores. We are one of two teams not to score a hundred points this year I think. That’s pretty rubbish.

You’re correct not cookie. One - by 110 points against Essendon in 2015. How sweet that was!

That was where the 162 came from too I believe. Bit disappointing.

I miss kicking cricket scores. We are one of two teams not to score a hundred points this year I think. That’s pretty rubbish.

I was looking at old game results a while back and that 2008 to 2010 period was supposed to be boring and ultra defensive, but we still kicked scores with around 20 goals a game pretty regularly. I that was bleak, the current era is sensory deprivation.

I was looking at old game results a while back and that 2008 to 2010 period was supposed to be boring and ultra defensive, but we still kicked scores with around 20 goals a game pretty regularly. I that was bleak, the current era is sensory deprivation.

Different footy now. I love the game so it still fascinates me the way sides play.

I think the start of it was round eight 2007 - we played hawthorn at the g in what was widely regarded as one of the worst games ever. We scored two goals each I think on the first half. It was a horrible game.

There were a few other games but it wasn’t until the following year where things got bad.

2008 started off with some stinkers.

Round one we beat Sydney in a game where we had TWO goalless quarters - kicking 6.15.51 to 7.13.49.

Round three we took a 37 point win into qtr time against bulldogs (we had the cats the following week). What transpired after was an unmitigated disaster. We lost that game to the bulldogs and then ended up losing to Geelong the following week and then almost blowing a seven goal lead against Essendon (who were rubbish at the time) in round six.

Round seven we beat Richmond in a high scoring game but it felt like a loss. We blew a massive lead that game and nearly lost. Won by two points and some tiger had a shot after the siren but didn’t make the distance.

Round thirteen or twelve (I forget exactly when) we played freo in one of the weirdest games I’ve ever seen. I remember if was the first game I went to see where I absolutely couldn’t care less about the result because I had no expectations on what was going to happen. We won with a scoreline of 10 goals to 8; Hayes got 16 touches in the first term and then did his hammy. I think it was Ben mcevoys first game too. But the last five minutes there was zero desperation from either side.

There were more weird games but they were the ones that stuck out in 2008.

Then there was the horrible game in round 6, 2010. We beat the bulldogs by three points woth a score line of 7.7.49 to 6.10.46. It was the worst game I’ve ever seen. Was bloody horrible. And after that we were somehow 5-1 and our only loss was a narrow loss interstate. Sound familiar?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1 I think.

We have. 24 times!

Lw25qjt.png

So on average we score somewhere between 70-79 points which goes a long way to explaining why we come second in games.

We have changed the topic. Sacking richo is old news
Lol I wasn’t even talking about Richo. Was talking about our shitty scoring under Ross Lyon in 2008.

2010 was somehow even worse in parts but yeah... that was a crap year

Can we please be that crap again. Please.
I was referring to 2008 as a crap year. Or the first half anyway.
Until round fourteen when we came from behind to beat north at Carrara I did not think we were playing finals that year. From that game until 2013 (including all of 11 and 12) I enjoyed my footy immensely.

I'll take 2010 Saints every single day of the week.
Me too. I wish I could go back and enjoy 2010 because i was too focused on just wanting to be back there on gf day. Didn’t enjoy the season as it went.

Can we just concede that Richo’s 1 half decent year (2017) was still patchy, not even getting us to finls, and propped up by a champion in Roo? He may not have the greatest list in the AFL with GWS, Gold Cost and Sydney compromising a few drafts there during our rebuild phase but * me.

He’s just not getting much out of our list, the first few rounds saw the pressure and tackling of 2017 back but recently it’s just dropped off again with stupid decisions being repeated so often, you’d have to assume they’re deliberate game plan/strategies.

Thanks for the efforts Richo, but 5 years on and the output isn’t good enough.

They were better than the coach. Watters did absolutely nothing to appreciate what they had gone through. He wanted everything from 2009 and 2010 removed from the club because he said "we don't accept being runners up". For all that Goddard, Hayes, Dal Santo, Riewoldt, Montagna, Fisher and the rest of them did for our football club that was completely disrespectful and showed no sign of emotional intelligence. He was the worst appointment we have ever made.
So George are you talking about the Captain who carried us into Grand Finals in consecutive prelims.
A Norm Smith medallist and a fellow champion who combined dragged us back into the 2010 GF.
Two club champion midfielders and backman?
If it was me I'd know who'd I respect coming in at that point. From all the stories since it wasn't the case...

Can we just concede that Richo’s 1 half decent year (2017) was still patchy, not even getting us to finls, and propped up by a champion in Roo? He may not have the greatest list in the AFL with GWS, Gold Cost and Sydney compromising a few drafts there during our rebuild phase but **** me.

He’s just not getting much out of our list, the first few rounds saw the pressure and tackling of 2017 back but recently it’s just dropped off again with stupid decisions being repeated so often, you’d have to assume they’re deliberate game plan/strategies.

Thanks for the efforts Richo, but 5 years on and the output isn’t good enough.

Yes, but since then we haven't managed to improve the list in any really obvious way. Stuv has been our best player in his whole tenure and he was already flying when he arrived. Since then not one player has been even close to knocking him off our best player mantle. That's an indictment on the recruiters not Richo. It's quite possibly the only side in history not to produce one champion through drafting in 12 years. We have been through some drought...and some say Stuv isn't even elite which makes it even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back