Preview Round 12, 2019 - Carlton vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep; Walker's continued omission is ridiculous.

Hope it doesn't cost us and given Carlton's ins and our named side; I won't be heading to the Docklands with any confidence whatsoever.

Shame really, given the occasion.

Good point and well made.

I'm feeling more confident after looking through the Carlton board. They are calling for the players to be let of the defensive leash and play their natural game, which I remember being a recipe for big losses. We are winning because everyone in the team is defending first and fitting attack in the spaces between defensive efforts. Really hope Carlton players do go mega attack this week. Harris and our boys down back will block and we will have our best rebound game of the season.

I'm feeling more confident after looking through the Carlton board. They are calling for the players to be let of the defensive leash and play their natural game, which I remember being a recipe for big losses. We are winning because everyone in the team is defending first and fitting attack in the spaces between defensive efforts. Really hope Carlton players do go mega attack this week. Harris and our boys down back will block and we will have our best rebound game of the season.
Great point Gadzorks.

I hope so too because they'll be out of gas after 20 minutes.

You'd have to be surprised if they don't come out with all guns blazing so we need to be just as committed ,but play it cunning if they try the kamikaze tactics

There’s diversity and then there’s depression.
Yeah but we shouldn't rush to judge. I know that Dylan tends to have firm views and he expresses them, but as I have said before, I cant think of a time where he has attacked other posters on our forum or sought to diminish them or their contributions. Some might say he is predictable, but I actually think he knows a lot about football. The best way to respond to Dylan is simply to have a bit of polite fun and not get personal or aggressive. In the end we are a bit like a big family with a few idiot uncles on the loose. Nothing to get too worried about.

The start is vital, if we put 4-5 quick goals on them I can see them folding and us have a percentage boosting win. I just had a go on the ladder predictor and if we win by 90 points our percentage goes from 104.9% to approximately 114%:D.

We are 2-3 on the road this year and one of those wins was against depleted gold coast. I am not as confident we win big but relatively condident we win... lions by 17 points.

The start is vital, if we put 4-5 quick goals on them I can see them folding and us have a percentage boosting win. I just had a go on the ladder predictor and if we win by 90 points our percentage goes from 104.9% to approximately 114%:D.
I agree, we should be aiming to pull them apart. We need to build our percentage in our next three games.

Will go down to watch training tomorrow. Advantages of being old. Working long hours is a disease of the poor (or of the divorced now I think of it).

Going to the Lions function on Saturday with a fellow Fitzroy tragic. We met at Crown after the Grand Final 2001. I was at the bar at the top of those stairs with two beers when Mark came up. We hugged and had the two greatest beers of my life.

It took much longer and much more agony than now for us to savour a successful Lions team back in the 70's 80' and 90s but I am ready for another.

At the function in 2001 that bloke Something Kev, the Queensland salesperson of electrical stuff was on our table. He died a year or so ago. He was a drunk as a skunk and we went hard at it to join him.

Lions by 30 points and I will get home by 3.00am Wife in Canberra visiting a son. Derrinalphil will be at crown with a Lions scarf and beanie, either at the bar or at a craps table.

Go the Lions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will go down to watch training tomorrow. Advantages of being old. Working long hours is a disease of the poor (or of the divorced now I think of it).

Going to the Lions function on Saturday with a fellow Fitzroy tragic. We met at Crown after the Grand Final 2001. I was at the bar at the top of those stairs with two beers when Mark came up. We hugged and had the two greatest beers of my life.

It took much longer and much more agony than now for us to savour a successful Lions team back in the 70's 80' and 90s but I am ready for another.

At the function in 2001 that bloke Something Kev, the Queensland salesperson of electrical stuff was on our table. He died a year or so ago. He was a drunk as a skunk and we went hard at it to join him.

Lions by 30 points and I will get home by 3.00am Wife in Canberra visiting a son. Derrinalphil will be at crown with a Lions scarf and beanie, either at the bar or at a craps table.

Go the Lions
I very very rarely drink anymore...... BUT I'll make a deal with you, I'll have a beer or 2 with you the next flag we win, as a September Member I'm guaranteed a ticket to the GF so I'll be flying down for it. Meet you at the top of the stairs Doc, I can't promise I'll give you a hug though.

Just hope I'm above ground the next one we win, I want one this year just in case.

Teague has a great reputation. I'd be surprised if we don't see a different Carlton this week sadly.

I'm sure the guys are doing a lot of homework with their ins .

I very very rarely drink anymore...... BUT I'll make a deal with you, I'll have a beer or 2 with you the next flag we win, as a September Member I'm guaranteed a ticket to the GF so I'll be flying down for it. Meet you at the top of the stairs Doc, I can't promise I'll give you a hug though.

Just hope I'm above ground the next one we win, I want one this year just in case.

We have a date

Didn’t Rayner have a couple of chase down tackles last week? Most weeks he gets a holding the ball and if McCarthy is spending so much more time up the field he should be getting more than 2 possessions more than Rayner.

Rayner gets involved outside of possessions, lots of pressure acts and one percenter's.

I can't join you this year but when we go again next year, I'd love to join you for that beer. Might just be the best tasting beer ever.

Some people (not you specifically necessarily) just like Josh Walker and would prefer us to leave out McStay if we were going smaller.

Absolutely not, McStay is our full forward and should not be dropped at all...to be honest, have thought the calls for his omission have been laughable.

I do like Walker too and have made my thoughts clear that I don't think he should've been dropped once this season let alone twice and overlooked a third game. Sure he didn't have the greatest games in the NEAFL last week, but it also doesn't follow that cemented players in the ones would necessarily go back to the reserves and dominate.

You have to kick a couple just to get a spot on the bench these days. Predicting another big one for Matho & Rayner.

Looking forward to Saturday, Lions by 10 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back