2nds 2019 Lions Reserves and NEAFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Previously he didn't chase and tackle off the ball enough, but I think he has improved that area of his game. The other reason I can think of is that sometimes he is too selfish and tries a low percentage play such as kicking for goal at a tough angle instead of passing it.
Sorry,😐 are you talking about Tom Cutler?

Mar 13, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Bruins, Dodgers, Bulls, SEM Phoenix
Thought the 4 Academy/Allies boys all played their role really well. Great that they are rewarded with games prior to the Nationals starting and hopefully we see them after too.
and getting an early taste of the next level up can only help with their development also

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
BRISBANE
B: 35. R Lester 40. J Payne 41. M Eagles
HB: 42. J Madden 22. M Hinge 37. B Starcevich
C: 4. R Bastinac 3. A Christensen 34. T Wooller
HF: 26. T Cutler 47. T Fullarton 13. T Berry
F: 50. J Quint 45. C McFadyen 51. K Coleman
R: 46. O McInerney 39. C Lyons 32. T Joyce
Int: 48. T Wischnat 52. T Jeffrey 53. J Currie 54. T Matthews 53. S Crozier
Emg: E Hunt

In: 50. J Quint 48. T Wischnat 53. J Currie 52. T Jeffrey 35. R Lester 54. T Matthews 46. O McInerney
Out: 19. J Allison (AFL) 14. J Walker (AFL) 21. S Skinner (injured) 38. C Ballenden (injured) 54. W Martyn (Allies) 52. T Griffiths (Allies) 56. N Cumberland (Allies) 53. B Reville (Allies)
New: 53. S Crozier

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Its always odd that we are bereft of news and /or the website rarely provides details of players injured in the NEAFL.

Obviously referring to Skinner and Ballenden.

One can only assume that Walker is the travelling emergency.

Royboys44

Senior List
Apr 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
BRISBANE
B:
35. R Lester 40. J Payne 41. M Eagles
HB: 42. J Madden 22. M Hinge 37. B Starcevich
C: 4. R Bastinac 3. A Christensen 34. T Wooller
HF: 26. T Cutler 47. T Fullarton 13. T Berry
F: 50. J Quint 45. C McFadyen 51. K Coleman
R: 46. O McInerney 39. C Lyons 32. T Joyce
Int: 48. T Wischnat 52. T Jeffrey 53. J Currie 54. T Matthews 53. S Crozier
Emg: E Hunt

In: 50. J Quint 48. T Wischnat 53. J Currie 52. T Jeffrey 35. R Lester 54. T Matthews 46. O McInerney
Out: 19. J Allison (AFL) 14. J Walker (AFL) 21. S Skinner (injured) 38. C Ballenden (injured) 54. W Martyn (Allies) 52. T Griffiths (Allies) 56. N Cumberland (Allies) 53. B Reville (Allies)
New: 53. S Crozier
What is wrong with Sam and Connor??

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
No Cedric Cox again. Very much disjointed season, hopefully all is well
Wonder if all is ok with Cedric and whether he'll see out the final year of his contract?

Hope so; along with Cutler, is one of the most skillful of all our players, just needs to put it all together.

WA Lion

Club Legend
Jan 27, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Wonder if all is ok with Cedric and whether he'll see out the final year of his contract?

Hope so; along with Cutler, is one of the most skillful of all our players, just needs to put it all together.
Certainly hope so for his sake. Plenty of talent so hopefully all is well for him

Mourning customs generally last several weeks. Just the way it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 9, 2009
Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Mourning customs generally last several weeks. Just the way it is.
Yeah Cedric will be back playing footy in the second half of the year and should push his case for senior games. He's way too talented for NEAFL level. Had an interurpted/distracted first half to the year. If not he's always got a contract for next year to re-boot towards.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Interesting that Cutler is playing given there is an Instagram video of him with a moonboot on. Wonder if he's had a bit of an ongoing issue

Today?

It’s often precautionary for the slightest foot niggle. Maybe he’s carrying something

Comeback Lions

Premium Platinum
Jul 2, 2017
Sydney
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Sydney Uni Flames
Only 16 listed players is the lowest for the year. I'm hoping for a closer game for a change, but think we will still smash them. Will be good for Oscar to be the number one ruck and then resting forward. Ben Keays also a travelling emergency, along with Walker.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Only 16 listed players is the lowest for the year. I'm hoping for a closer game for a change, but think we will still smash them. Will be good for Oscar to be the number one ruck and then resting forward. Ben Keays also a travelling emergency, along with Walker.

Did you see the opposition? It’s not going to be a close one.

Miz23

Draftee
Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yeah Cedric will be back playing footy in the second half of the year and should push his case for senior games. He's way too talented for NEAFL level. Had an interurpted/distracted first half to the year. If not he's always got a contract for next year to re-boot towards.
What happened to Cedric Cox? I'm new to this forum and don't really keep up with the NEAFL as much so hadn't heard about this until now.

What happened to Cedric Cox? I'm new to this forum and don't really keep up with the NEAFL as much so hadn't heard about this until now.

I believe he had time off for family reasons, and for indigenous communities is custom to have an extended period for things such as grieving. Something that is an accepted scenario when they are recruited, it should be accepted by all employees as far as Im aware.

kylegee28

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Not sure if it's appropriate but going by his Facebook, I believe he lost his sister recently. He's back with the boys on Sam Skinners instagram story and looking well.

Not sure if it's appropriate but going by his Facebook, I believe he lost his sister recently. He's back with the boys on Sam Skinners instagram story and looking well.

Ouch, footy would be a good distraction for him at the moment. Terrible thing to go through.

gcs_brl_neafl.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back