Preview Rnd 12 - Carlton v Brisbane Sat 8th June 1.45PM @ Etihad - Team Post #319 *Stocker injured, not dropped

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On that basis Gibbo, seemingly preferring to play a grinding accumulating midfield role, might finally get the opportunity to play the majority of his game time in the guts.
Lets hope so. Its obvious that there is some talent on the list which has been throttled somehow by the Coaching instruction. (Don't shoot me, I was in the Bolton camp till the * game, where I saw the players not trying. That was the end)
I really hope that players are allowed to find their talent, their 'football'. Play with the natural gifts they have been blessed with.

Lets hope so. Its obvious that there is some talent on the list which has been throttled somehow by the Coaching instruction. (Don't shoot me, I was in the Bolton camp till the * game, where I saw the players not trying. That was the end)
I really hope that players are allowed to find their talent, their 'football'. Play with the natural gifts they have been blessed with.
Am now looking forward to this upcoming game :)

Absolutely BB - I’m 51 later this year. I felt 42 up until the North game, but have aged faster than David Bowie in The Hunger since then. Hopefully Teaguey can introduce an elixir of youth to all ageing Bluebaggers - starting Saturday afternoon! When you’re old enough for Daisy to be your son (without DHS getting involved), and you went to school with Gov’s Dad (which I did back in Perth), you certainly want the club to hurry up a bit when it comes to winning our 17th flag!

mate, I'm old enough for the Coach to be my son.... 60 in January

Absolutely BB - I’m 51 later this year. I felt 42 up until the North game, but have aged faster than David Bowie in The Hunger since then. Hopefully Teaguey can introduce an elixir of youth to all ageing Bluebaggers - starting Saturday afternoon! When you’re old enough for Daisy to be your son (without the DHHS getting involved), and you went to school with Gov’s Dad (which I did back in Perth), you certainly want the club to hurry up a bit when it comes to winning our 17th flag!

Youngsters :rolleyes:

images

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bolton's stubbornness in playing players out of their natural positions week after week, and getting beaten week after week, was wearing pretty thin.

I'm hoping now that players are given the freedom to play to their strengths without fear of repercussion.

A forward line of 2 talls in Chuck and H, 2 mediums in JSOS and Gov, and 2 smaller in Cuners and a rotating mid (in the absence of a small crumbing forward) is always a good start.

Eduardo and Gibbo rotating in the mid as a run-with and scrapper respectively, rather that stifling as makeshift forwards is another. I'll also be keen to see Deluca come in at some stage as well to give us even another dynamic. It'll also give Crippa a bit of relief from having to do all the heavy lifting.

My general thoughts on Teague are I'm excited for hopefully just a pure modern football game plan. It was sad to see Brendan go on Monday but I can only imagine the enormous weight off the players shoulders that they no longer have to harbour speculation on his performance as coach.

If Teague can blood a few young Blues and see whether they can sink or swim in this time that would be awesome and lets hope those making the decisions come the end of the season don't let any slip through the cracks like last time, ala Nick Holman.

Sick of all the negativity around here. Clean start for everyone this week so perhaps some supporters should reset also...?

I'm backing the boys in and I'm backing LOB to recapture his form from last year.

I invite all the negative nay-sayers to try something different this week and have a go at being true supporters.

Go Blues!

Love this idea Yubby. Regardless of how divided we’ve all been over the emotionally charged departure of Bolts, surely we can all now get 100% behind our new coach and the boys, as both will desperately need our support in the weeks and months ahead.

Let’s see what Teaguey brings to the table, and personally I’m hoping that he does well enough to make it very tricky for those at the club who are entrusted with appointing our next permanent Senior Coach.

Go Blues!

I had heard he was a bit upset he didn't get a run when Stocker was selected- nothing personal against Stocker just frustrated he wasn't given a run.

Also heard Bam Bam is very down after his game last weekend and now dropped - at a very low point.
Hopefully Kennedy will fully realise that the departure of Bolts represents a window of opportunity for him AL, or more likely two windows tbf. As I see it, he now has the chance to impress a new senior coach, and more likely two new senior coaches if we end up appointing from outside the club. Tbh, and without wanting to sound harsh, if Kennedy can’t make the right impression on three senior coaches in 12 months (Bolts, Teaguey, and ?), then he has some serious self reflection to engage in imo. As with all of our players, I really hope that he can get his body, his tank, his game, and his career on track - there’s certainly opportunity in our midfield ranks.

I suspect it means that players will be encouraged to what they do best; in other-words a prescriptive, rather proscriptive, approach to their game,
I like the distinction Opine, and it reminds me of Hardwick’s admirably honest confession about how he had mismanaged Brandon Ellis in recent times, by focusing too much on what he couldn’t do, and not enough on what he could. Really hoping that Teaguey employs a similar philosophy to free up our players to show the positive attributes that we’ve seen from pretty much all of them over the journey, at least in glimpses.

About him? L'Ob I assume? I said he was quite slight for the top level. Nothing incorrect there. If you think that's factually wrong Id like to know how and why. Instead of the usual discussion antagonistically driven responses.
We cant put the radar on one fella about being slight.
Simmo- can get pushed off pretty easy, but with composure and class can still win matchups for us
Murph- as above
Thomas - 248 gamer, doesnt look like hes ever been in the weights room. Played 2 good years from 6 for blues, indispensible apparently.
Most of our youth have been the lithe types, except the bulls we brought in like Mcgovern/Kennedy that have fitness issues.
Cunners has the size and speed mix that lacks in most of the team.
Maybe Carlton arent playing with the chemicals as much as others.

i just hope they let the boys play with a bit of fair, using their natural talents with an added dose of courage and determination.
Let them take the gone on, use the corridor, with plenty of dash and dare.
Players playing in as many 'natural' roles as possible.
Roll the dice, if we get burnt on turnovers, so be it.
It's far better than slow kicking around the boundary line.
It's Showtime Blueboys :)

Love this idea Yubby. Regardless of how divided we’ve all been over the emotionally charged departure of Bolts, surely we can all now get 100% behind our new coach and the boys, as both will desperately need our support in the weeks and months ahead.

Let’s see what Teaguey brings to the table, and personally I’m hoping that he does well enough to make it very tricky for those at the club who are entrusted with appointing our next permanent Senior Coach.

Go Blues!

Would love to see the boys get up and about. Get around your teammates when they kick a good goal or put their head over the ball. Fly the flag for each other in physical contest. Reward effort in selection, but make it easier for players to succeed. Free blokes up at times - I personally have thought our backline has played too tense at times over the last month or so. I think that's partly a byproduct of no Jonesy - he always looks like he's the calmest player on the field. Play less tense, play for each other, play for the jumper. It's going to be an audition. I've been fairly pessimistic about the season, but there's nothing left to worry about now. What will be will be, let's get a measure of some of the boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back