List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes you need to make hard decisions and if we can get a bundle of first rounders it might be worth it

But then we are just stalling the rebuild even further. We have a group of youngsters now who are no more than five years apart, so they should be a solid group to take us through to our next flag-contending team. We need to put the pieces for that next team in place, not trading the pieces for 18 year olds!

That's the first tied to the Crows. Jones may well get a big $ offer from the Blues, they have plenty of cap and a desperate need for mature hard nuts. I'm amenable to that trade.
Any movement to Carlton, from our team or any other is going to be dependent on who they get as coach too not just $.

Dawson probably a future 3rd rounder.
Dawson and the others being talked about on here are all worth far more to us than what we'd get for them in a trade. Dawson is looking better and better each week, other than the fact he's up for renewal, I don't see any other reasons he's not re-signing.

Papps, well any rumour around him is laughable, he loves the club as much as we do, as do all his family, not sure who or where this rumour started.

We thought Jones may have gone two years ago, reckon he'll re-sign as well now he's part of the midfield rotation which suits him better than a HB role. If he wants to go I'd expect value in return.

Dawson and the others being talked about on here are all worth far more to us than what we'd get for them in a trade. Dawson is looking better and better each week, other than the fact he's up for renewal, I don't see any other reasons he's not re-signing.

Papps, well any rumour around him is laughable, he loves the club as much as we do, as do all his family, not sure who or where this rumour started.

We thought Jones may have gone two years ago, reckon he'll re-sign as well now he's part of the midfield rotation which suits him better than a HB role. If he wants to go I'd expect value in return.

Sage from poster Mr Swan.

Agree, some of the trade ranges for Jones, Dawson etc are amusing.

So basically we upgrade our 1st round pick for free and Adelaide take a hit to their salary cap

sounds eminently fair to me ... if Rose shows some form, the Crows need a small or medium forward to help Betts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brief look at championships:

If we get a pick outside of to three (Rowell, Anderson or Young) pretty even with next 6 or so players

Flanders would be good get as an inside mid
Kemp as a utility would be good - being played in the backline through the championship for a weird reason more damaging through mid
Ash as a line breaking HBF also good in this range

For our second hopefully Robertson slides, another good inside mid
Or we take a punt on Sharp - good kick, very smart player. Can be a bit lazy on two way running but skill is definitely there

We need a qick midfielder or a top pick in the draft imo

Top picks look to be more your inside mids/utilities/HBF types.

No Gaff like wings in the top 10 at this stage
I wouldn't say no to a player like Parish but feel we need to be targeting rucks & defenders still. Sinclair was the right call because without him we'd be screwed, English would be the type of player I'd prefer we chase.

Luke Jackson would be an interesting get with our 2nd or 3rd pick. WA ruck. Needs work on tap but that is what cox is for

I would be keeping Pink on the list

Definitely. We re-signed him last year based on not much and now he's actually showing a lot of promise as a defender, we've got to keep him around. Particularly with question marks over Jack Maibaum (I reckon he would have played seniors this year had he not got hurt) and Grundy retiring.

On top of keeping Pink, we'll need to either keep Maibaum around (if his body is OK then i'd be all for it) or get another solid KPD in over the off-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back