Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
I want Nick Shipley from the Giants, Cant get in the middle there and is probably behind Bonar and Hately as well from the 2s. 27 and 7 tackles a week. Big boy as well.

Edit: Tom Green to come is as well.
Shipley would be a good add.

Reading the ruck merry go round story on the afl website I would hope we are looking at Darcy and ladhams as options for ruck depth.
I especially liked ladhams when he was running around as a 16yo beanpole. Seems to have found a knack for getting the ball too.

Oct 12, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Southampton
I want Nick Shipley from the Giants, Cant get in the middle there and is probably behind Bonar and Hately as well from the 2s. 27 and 7 tackles a week. Big boy as well.

Edit: Tom Green to come is as well.
I'd like to see how Clarke finishes off the season as I struggle to Shipley making it outside of a tagging role (which FWIW I think he'd be very very good at).

Aiden Bonar might be worth a look too as he also seems way back in the pecking order.

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
Really we shouldn't be asking the question of any player unless they are a FA - Need to hit the draft hard in the next two years.

If there is value in the FA you take it but likewise if there is a good value young trade there you do it too. The current Cats team is running with three players they've taken inside the first 2 rounds in the last five years, we just need to start nailing the picks we have later in the draft like they have.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
If there is value in the FA you take it but likewise if there is a good value young trade there you do it too. The current Cats team is running with three players they've taken inside the first 2 rounds in the last five years, we just need to start nailing the picks we have later in the draft like they have.
We've done ok.
Redman and Ridley will sure the defence up with Goddard gone and hooker in his last years (unless he goes all Fletcher on us).

We tend to draft well. Development and overall system seems to fail us more than anything

Case in point - parish. How long did we stuff him around. Then he goes on the ball and instantly hits career best form

I'd like to see how Clarke finishes off the season as I struggle to Shipley making it outside of a tagging role (which FWIW I think he'd be very very good at).

Aiden Bonar might be worth a look too as he also seems way back in the pecking order.
If we got Bonar it would be funny. He was who they took from the Smith trade.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
I think Bowman is the sort of player we should he looking long and hard at.

Would be a real shame if we lost out to him continuing to kill at as a VFL player, increasing his profile, because "Benny McNeice is playing really good footy".

Where that drunken, about to vomit emoji?

I have nothing against Gown but Bowman looks to me to be a better prospect.

Dons4days

Club Legend
Dec 1, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
New York Knicks, Dallas Cowboys
Where has Bonar been playing in the reserves? I recall him being drafted as a forward now he tends to get spoken about more as a midfielder.
Has he been injured or just not favoured by the selection panel.

Baguley
Myers
Hartley
McNeice
Long

Probably not on much but would free some cap space
Would maybe pay for half, on top of the fact that we are highly likely to be pushing the cap anyway. Then you probably have to factor in likely pay rises to the likes of Parish, Guelfi, Francis, Laverde, Draper, Mynott, possibly Clarke. Also McNiece doesn't actually contribute to the cap as a Category B rookie.

Would maybe pay for half, on top of the fact that we are highly likely to be pushing the cap anyway. Then you probably have to factor in likely pay rises to the likes of Parish, Guelfi, Francis, Laverde, Draper, Mynott, possibly Clarke. Also McNiece doesn't actually contribute to the cap as a Category B rookie.
Seems like a bunch of stupid semantics to me.

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon

I thought McNiece got elevated to the senior list

Guess I'm wrong

And how do you propose we afford him?
Football isn’t everything. We find him someone vaguely connected to the club willing to train him as a property developer.

Hell they can hook him up with a little bit of outer suburban farmland so that he can practice his skills whilst playing footy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back