Preview Preview and changes vs The Gold Coast Suns in QLD

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the idea of trialing Durdin to more AFL but that's a very top-heavy side for wet conditions vs GC - for the 2nd year running.

Thompson can play a bit smaller but doesn't have MacMillan's run, Hall seemed the nearest like-for-like.

Hope we a particular structural advantage in mind to utilise 4x 198cm+ players (Goldstein, Larkey, Brown, Durdin) in those conditions.

Like the idea of trialing Durdin to more AFL but that's a very top-heavy side for wet conditions vs GC - for the 2nd year running.

Thompson can play a bit smaller but doesn't have MacMillan's run, Hall seemed the nearest like-for-like.

Hope we a particular structural advantage in mind to utilise 4x 198cm+ players (Goldstein, Larkey, Brown, Durdin) in those conditions.
I agree with your concern although I don't think it will be as wet as you think.

I'll take Thommo over jmac any day, jmac might have run but he cant defend and he cant kick.

I'll take Thommo over jmac any day, jmac might have run but he cant defend and he cant kick.

Well yeh, I rate Thompson higher too but this was more about MacMillan a pretty decent medium pace runner for 4 quarters. Hall could cover that part of the requirement.

Those 7 tackles he had and 2 goals must have been a typo then .....
Were you there? He was ordinary and didn’t get in the bests. He had a couple of good moments but his defensive pressure and unwillingness to put his body on the line stood out. Ahern on the other hand ...

Were you there? He was ordinary and didn’t get in the bests. He had a couple of good moments but his defensive pressure and unwillingness to put his body on the line stood out. Ahern on the other hand ...
Yes I was there and commented in my review that Hall was a class above VFL level - that was obvious to anyone who watched the game live.

He was hurt early so was restricted but the idea that he 'didn't apply defensive pressure' is nonsense.

Well yeh, I rate Thompson higher too but this was more about MacMillan a pretty decent medium pace runner for 4 quarters. Hall could cover that part of the requirement.
Maybe i missed something.
I thought you were saying if Thommo plays Jmacs role we lose some run.
what im implying is that his run doesnt provide us with much since he rarely hits targets after going for a run. I'd much rather thomo get the ball his field kicking is good and creative too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two huge 200 game milestones over these two weeks coming up. Both heart and soul North players. Given how tight the playing group is, and how we normally play in big milestone games, I would expect us to win this week and beat GWS as well next week. Bookmark it.

Metricon + Monsoon = Double Whammy. I just hope that GC young guys are spent.

It doesn't look anywhere near that bad in Moti's forecast post.

However, the idea of any precipition evaporating in that humid cesspit doesn't fill me with high skilled, high marking optimism.

Yes I was there and commented in my review that Hall was a class above VFL level - that was obvious to anyone who watched the game live.

He was hurt early so was restricted but the idea that he 'didn't apply defensive pressure' is nonsense.

Agree to disagree. Carry on

Bonus points for civility imo.

It doesn't look anywhere near that bad in Moti's forecast post.

However, the idea of any precipition evaporating in that humid cesspit doesn't fill me with high skilled, high marking optimism.
Im in FNQ right now, its perfect, slight drizzle but described as standard winter rainfall... 24c 5mm of rain.. would assume GC wouldnt be too far from these conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back