Recommitted Shai Bolton [re-signed until 2021]

Remove this Banner Ad

Doubt he will stay in vic is he does leave
Will be a W.A. club or will just stay at Richmond imo

Amazing how money changes things..

$550 for 4 years young list erect spot for him..

Pick around 26 I would say if he nominates a team.

Amazing how money changes things..

$550 for 4 years young list erect spot for him..

Pick around 26 I would say if he nominates a team.

Also might find Martin lands at the dogs from Gold Coast as well..

I think I would probably take a pick in the 20s for him.

He's a selfish footballer, who either needs to change, or needs to go.

Problem here is tiges put all their eggs in the Tom lynch basket
The kid will look for more opportunity and more money at the club he’s always supported and his dad played for .
The tiges just can’t off this.

?

Late to the thread, but are you suggesting that lynch and Bolton play the same role

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is only 3 months older than Jack Higgins so if you think of him being in his 2nd year he is doing well.
No doubt he will be a late bloomber at 23-24 ala Shane Edwards.
I think he will be traded back to WA at some stage if not at the end of this year.

Some people need to realise that these kids take time and need to be developed and its usually when they are 22/23 they start to deliver on their talent
Bolton , Rioli , Stack will all get better when they are 23+ as others have but just as a comparison as to the type of player i see Shai Bolton becoming is Michael Walters who was drafted in 2008 and made his debut in 2009 who is and has been a gun player now for 5 years

Michael Walters 2011 v Shai Bolton 2019 ( Both as 20 year olds in 3rd year)
https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...&pid1=3159&pid2=6355&fid1=P&fopt1=2011&fid2=S

Do yourself a favour a click on the link

Some people need to realise that these kids take time and need to be developed and its usually when they are 22/23 they start to deliver on their talent
Bolton , Rioli , Stack will all get better when they are 23+ as others have but just as a comparison as to the type of player i see Shai Bolton becoming is Michael Walters who was drafted in 2008 and made his debut in 2009 who is and has been a gun player now for 5 years

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...&pid1=3159&pid2=6355&fid1=P&fopt1=2011&fid2=S

Ok well 1st off lets get a couple of things straight....

1st off michael Walters was pick 53 in 2008. Bolton was pick 29 in 2016.

Secondly, Walters kicked 14 goals from 11 games from 2009-11. He didnt have a break through year until midway in 2012 where he had to save his career. He spent the 1st half of 2012 training by himself because ross Lyon was not happy with Walters being unfit and overweight.

Ok well 1st off lets get a couple of things straight....

1st off michael Walters was pick 53 in 2008. Bolton was pick 29 in 2016.

Secondly, Walters kicked 14 goals from 11 games from 2009-11. He didnt have a break through year until midway in 2012 where he had to save his career. He spent the 1st half of 2012 training by himself because ross Lyon was not happy with Walters being unfit and overweight.
Not sure what any of that has to do with the comparison i made but i will point out somethings about Bolton also

#53 or #29 i there really that much difference once you go past the 1st round
Shai Bolton was drafted as the youngest player in his draft and no where near ready and spent this period of time building and getting stronger and a tank to play more than 1 quarter

They are very similar types that play similar game but lets hope Bolton gets to Walters level as that would be our wish

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure what any of that has to do with the comparison i made but i will point out somethings about Bolton also

#53 or #29 i there really that much difference once you go past the 1st round
Shai Bolton was drafted as the youngest player in his draft and no where near ready and spent this period of time building and getting stronger and a tank to play more than 1 quarter

They are very similar types that play similar game but lets hope Bolton gets to Walters level as that would be our wish
Bolton is nothing like Walters except being aboriginal

Walters smarter and a better kick. Bolton is a fair bit faster.

Not completely dissimilar but hardly what I would call a like for like.

Looks like you have not watched Bolton a great deal , Bolton is a beautiful kick of the ball and when you talk about smarter you are now comparing a 28 year old Walters with a 20 year old Bolton. Bolton is amazing with what he can do and the tricks he has that baffle other players this takes smarts and skill

Both players are same size same weight and similar speed and both are midfielders rather than just a small foward
almost exactly same statts at the same age also.

Looks like you have not watched Bolton a great deal , Bolton is a beautiful kick of the ball and when you talk about smarter you are now comparing a 28 year old Walters with a 20 year old Bolton. Bolton is amazing with what he can do and the tricks he has that baffle other players this takes smarts and skill

Both players are same size same weight and similar speed and both are midfielders rather than just a small foward
almost exactly same statts at the same age also.
Ok, I guess you know what I watch better than I do. If you have already made your mind up, why did you ask?

Walters is silky. Bolton is a panic merchant under pressure and has always been that way
LOL you have no idea about Shai Bolton, You might want to watch him a little more and How many silky 20 year olds with less than 10 games have you seen lately apart from Sydney Stack ;)

Just out of interest how silky was Walters at 20 years of age ? From Memory i do believe that he was not what he is today and it was after he his 24 years of age he become the player he is today at 24 years of age he was getting 15 touches and 0.6 goals a game at 67%

Common mistake comapring a young kid to a 28 year old established star of the game, Shane Edwards was AA lst year but at 24 most Richmond supporters wanted him delisted

Jimmy Toumpus 2015 v Shai Bolton 2019 ( Both as 20 year olds in 3rd year)
https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...2=15&type=A&pid1=3798&pid2=6355&fid1=O&fid2=O

Remove this Banner Ad

Back