List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If North put Brown on the trade table, they're looking at a Shiel or Dangerfield sort of price (basically the equivalent of a first + second, with possible steak knives). I'd hope the dogs jump at that if it ever occurred.

Highly doubt that happens in the first place, if the club needs a rebuild, they need to keep guys like Brown who put bums on seats in the interim
I'd be upset if Brown left for a first, second and steak knives. Worth at least 2 early firsts, a player and a 7 month supply of choggy milk for Cunners for what he brings to the club on and off field. Don't think we are in the business of trading away core parts of the team.

I’d sort of hoped the compo for Wells’ 4 year deal from Collingwood might have netted us more than pick 36 or whatever it was.

Given Todd’s age I just don’t think we’d get any better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wells was no Daniel Motlop.

If Goldy leaves - I'd be looking at Sean Darcy from Freo.

Is he in any strife there? I always thought he was a project for when Sandilands leaves with Lobb more a forward ruck.

The other team with some ruck talent (albeit with some injury worries) is the Swans - they just took Knoll in the mid season draft who has some wraps on him so almost no chance they can afford to keep all of Sinclair, Naismith and Cameron on their list.

Is he in any strife there? I always thought he was a project for when Sandilands leaves with Lobb more a forward ruck.

Another great supercoach moment in BF North board history.

Darcy is heir to Sandilands, and is contracted until the end of 2022.

Another great supercoach moment in BF North board history.

Darcy is heir to Sandilands, and is contracted until the end of 2022.

Keen to get an idea of how many Freo games you've actually watched this year? Or is this just the standard SB hot-air of where you pretend like you know more then you do? The amount your throw around the word "Supercoach" leads me to believe that you have some kind of insecurity around the topic...

Anyway, my comment has merit as Darcy is a Victorian, and Freo have multiple options going forward with Jones and Meek (see article below) and ofcoarse Rory Lobb who with Hogan & Mccarthy, might not have a permanent spot in the forward 50 in years to come... Preuss was also considered Goldy's heir from the outside, but that changed.

"Darcy, who turns 21 next week, is contracted at Fremantle until 2022, but it was noted that he spent five weeks in the WAFL, even in Aaron Sandilands' absence, before an ankle injury sidelined him.

There is a ruck logjam at the Dockers, with retirement-bound Sandilands, Darcy, Lobb, Scott Jones and Lloyd Meek all fighting for spots."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-06...-these-uncontracted-ruckmen-land-at-your-club

I've included Meek and Jones' player profiles, as I'm certain you won't know who they are.

https://www.fremantlefc.com.au/player-profile/lloyd-meek

https://www.fremantlefc.com.au/player-profile/scott-jones

That said, we may want to entertain a Preuss like raid on a contracted player if and only IF Goldie took up an offer we refused to match.

I don't really entertain it mate, as I see nothing supporting it occurring. I expect Todd will sign on for a reasonable contract and stay at the only club he's ever been interested in playing. This is all Petroro's bull:poo:.

However, IF Todd was compelled to take some ridiculous offer from another club, we would certainly have to look at a replacement.

Keen to get an idea of how many Freo games you've actually watched this year? Or is this just the standard SB hot-air of where you pretend like you know more then you do? The amount your throw around the word "Supercoach" leads me to believe that you have some kind of insecurity around the topic...

Anyway, my comment has merit as Darcy is a Victorian, and Freo have multiple options going forward with Jones and Meek (see article below) and ofcoarse Rory Lobb who with Hogan & Mccarthy, might not have a permanent spot in the forward 50 in years to come... Preuss was also considered Goldy's heir from the outside, but that changed.

"Darcy, who turns 21 next week, is contracted at Fremantle until 2022, but it was noted that he spent five weeks in the WAFL, even in Aaron Sandilands' absence, before an ankle injury sidelined him.

There is a ruck logjam at the Dockers, with retirement-bound Sandilands, Darcy, Lobb, Scott Jones and Lloyd Meek all fighting for spots."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-06...-these-uncontracted-ruckmen-land-at-your-club

I've included Meek and Jones' player profiles, as I'm certain you won't know who they are.

https://www.fremantlefc.com.au/player-profile/lloyd-meek

https://www.fremantlefc.com.au/player-profile/scott-jones

Check out contract scenarios in future before you go posting ridiculous crap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I assumed both of those were profile photos - like mine and all other bigfooty avatar's. Now I'm terribly confused.

I was just thinking recently I miss that big bushy beard of yours. I can only manage this stubble.

If you want to get pick a fight with a Carlton supporter just throw a slight suggestion out there that Silvagni has no idea what he’s doing.

A mate of mine is a Carlton supporter who was telling me that they were unlucky to miss the finals last season (because of injuries):oops:. He followed this up by saying all they needed was for SOS to pick up some more players from GWS on the cheap etc. Showing a great deal of self control I managed not to laugh.

I sometimes wonder if my profile shot shows off my good side.

Abyssal ambush predator is all the rage on the catwalks of Europe this year.:thumbsu:

I’d sort of hoped the compo for Wells’ 4 year deal from Collingwood might have netted us more than pick 36 or whatever it was.

Given Todd’s age I just don’t think we’d get any better.

Was only a 3 year deal for Wells, at something like $550-600K. Would take more than that to get Goldy out unless the club wants him out.

Was only a 3 year deal for Wells, at something like $550-600K. Would take more than that to get Goldy out unless the club wants him out.

If some club wants to offer him 4 years on $750K p.a., then the AFL should shut down their football department and investigate them.

It's in StKilda's interest to put pressure on our cap because we have stolen the march on them on trade interest for the past 3-4 years.

Ironically for them, I don't see us being active players this year anyway.

Last edited:
Top end talent can suck my chop!

I’m happy with our tough SHINBONERS coming through!

Good luck with your top end talent - we are pretty happy with our poor mans version! A leading VFL goal scorer and a couple of rising stars isn’t too shabby!

Curnow(fwd)Larkey
Dow (mid/Fwd) Thomas
O’Brien(mid)Ahern
Fisher(mid)LDU
Marchbank(def)Durdin
PetrevskiSeton(mid)Simpkin
Weitering(def)Murphy
McKay(fwd)McKay
Stocker( mid/def) Bailey
Walsh(mid)Zurhaar

(By the way I don’t know the Carlton list in detail so others may have better matches than I;))

And in case of an injury;
-Kyron
-Walker
- Crocker
- Hosie
- Taylor
- Wilkinson
- Xerri
- Watson

Give the lads a chance!

Will Walker is the standout for me. Such bad luck that he got injured.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Now Jay Clarke and Jon Ralph are using SuperCoach points to justify stories.
And they expect us to pay for these articles.

“If he leaves North Melbourne as an unrestricted free agent suitors are aware his price would be steep, but consider the past 18 months of his career.
Last year he finished the year with 100 SuperCoach points or more in 12 of the Kangaroos’ last 14 games.
This year in 11 rounds he has six 100 SuperCoach point games and three 90-plus point games.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back