Banter The WCE Cricket Banter Thread (Ball tampering permitted)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ball looked like it was over the line to me even though it was in his hand. Shouldn't that be six and NOT OUT.
Why did no-one talk about this. Group speak has got everyone.

Cricket uses basketball-style rules for the boundary. I.e: If you stand outside the rope and touch the ball while it’s still in play, it’s 4, likewise if you catch the ball when it’s over the rope but your feet are still inside the rope, it’s a catch

It’s possible to throw the ball back into the field of play after it’s cleared the rope if you jump and throw it before you land

Great comeback. Kinda think both sides tried their best to throw the game away with the bat. Windies just threw better. Tough choice between NCN and Starc for motm. *Edit* NCN threw away his chance, 4 fours off last 4 balls of the game :(

Last edited:
Poor from our top order and it took steel in the form of Smith and Carey, a brilliant display of power hitting from NKN and then a withering burst of pace bowling by Stark to pinch it. I'm absolutely amazed that SMarsh is not in this team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Windis having a proper melt about the umpiring. Even coming up with conspiracy theories about hawkeye making it just miss when they are bowling and just clipping when they are batting. Pretty ordinary behavior.
I hope they get smacked with a hefty fine.

Windis having a proper melt about the umpiring. Even coming up with conspiracy theories about hawkeye making it just miss when they are bowling and just clipping when they are batting. Pretty ordinary behavior.
I hope they get smacked with a hefty fine.
Where is this?

Rumour has it that Michael Holding is still complaining that NCN hasn’t timed the ball yet.

Quick search of.last night's game will bring up a number of articles. Holding just lost his ****. Completely uncalled for, lost a fair bit of respect for him.
Guess he just lost the plot seeing his country on the bad end of some decisions. Nothing too abnormal to the average person

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_...iers-legacy-defined-not-only-excellence-indec

Very interesting article on de Villiers (and CSA). You have to wonder if his behaviour stems from being so freaking talented that for most of his life, people were happy to indulge any whim he had.

Gayle is much the same, but he's easily the most interesting thing about the West Indies and really a bit unlucky last night.

Keep de Villiers away from the captaincy, but surely you bring him in for the WC. You have to play AB if he's fit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back