Remove this Banner Ad

Porps_is_HOT_loz

Premiership Player
Aug 23, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Rory Sloane
Still pissed of adelaide got him before collingwood.
I was on his bandwagon from day 1 i got bigfooty.
with mock drafts if you look at them.
and no one putting sloane in a team .
or 60 or above i would say get real he will be 40 or late 2nd round
but 1 pick before collingwood
still hurts :(
I added sloane and Mckernen on myspace weeks before draft day.
and they both went to adelaide
Weird hey ?
but goodluck for sloane hope he gets homesick :D
Shizzzz give me McKernans myspace br0!

Sloane wont get homesick ;) Neither will McKernan.
There at Crows for life mate :thumbsu:

aj642

Draftee
Dec 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Sloaney!!!!!!!!!!!

I miss him already. He was a classmate of mine and a good friend.

He may not have the strength, but as all rookies, he will get bigger.

Dam you Adelaide for taking him away from Victoria!

He is an amazing player, is an all-around sportsman really. Back home here, we nicknamed him, the golden child. Hopefully it catches on :) haha

I don't know the depth in this years draft, but Adelaide got a steal in this guy, he is going to be amazing.

Apr 29, 2008
Northeast Suburbs
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sloaney!!!!!!!!!!!

I miss him already. He was a classmate of mine and a good friend.

He may not have the strength, but as all rookies, he will get bigger.

Dam you Adelaide for taking him away from Victoria!

He is an amazing player, is an all-around sportsman really. Back home here, we nicknamed him, the golden child. Hopefully it catches on :) haha

I don't know the depth in this years draft, but Adelaide got a steal in this guy, he is going to be amazing.

Hey, great to hear from his classmate :) In an interview he said he hopes that nickname doesn't follow him to Adelaide, hahaha.

He seems to already have fitness and is not small-bodied for his height.

dylan123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just goes to show little people know about draft prospects though

Who is this Sibo bloke?
That was the key forward from WA right? He had a huge following on here for memory.

I guess we win some/lose some, Rockliff was a popular one heading into draft and managed to slip all the way to the rookie draft.

So many parts to the equation though once a player gets drafted as to whether they make it or not. Would love to have the ability to somehow simulate how the successes/busts go at the opposite clubs and even then, I bet we'd still get mixed results.

All in all, let the good times roll with the 2min youtube highlight clips :D

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Alright - I'm sure my opinion will change when I see him play, but just from clicking and looking at his myspace page ...

Rory looks like a tool.
Haha!

Aug 21, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
What I like most about the emerging culture in the AFC, is there seems to be less and less of the "GO home factor"....

A MASSIVE stack of our next geneartion are all 'interstaters', VB, Douglas, Knights, Dangerfield, Griffen, Jacky, Kite, Cook, Armstrong, McKay, Maric, Otten Tippett and Walker...add McKernan, Sloane, Lee and Young, that accounts for half our list...

Everytime you listen to a younger Crows player get interviewed, whether it be McKay, Tippett or VB they all talk about how tight-knit all the younger boys are, on and off the field...many of them live together and can always be spotted out and about together...the younger boys that get drafted are made to feel at home from day one.

I believe this stems from the Reilly-Goodwin relationship.... Goodwin took Reils under his wing at a time when he was extremely home-sick and probably saved us from losing Reilly back 2 VIC...Reilly done then same for VB, Maric and Knights, as they done for Douglas and Griffen, and on and on....(of course there will be those that get away -WATTS- but you'll never win them all)

I believe it is now a strong feature of our club now that NC, Matty Rendell and the team have no fear in drafting the best kids from interstate....

Sloane looks an absolute gem, but McKernan could be what we've been lookin for since Mods left....

Yikes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not meaning to dump on jumpman5, because he's far from the only one, but that's a good example of the kind of objectivity most of this forum has always lacked when it comes to our younger players.

Footy is a business

Talk about Geelong they lost for a number of years one of arguably the best players to have played the game who had a connection to that club that far outweighs any crows players perceived loyatty

Aug 21, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
VB, Douglas, Knights, Dangerfield, Griffen, Jacky, Kite, Cook, Armstrong, McKay, Maric, Otten Tippett and Walker...add McKernan, Sloane, Lee and Young, that accounts for half our list...

At least it's an even spread. We brought in 6-6-6 before it was a rule...

Stayed at the Crows their whole career: VB, Douglas*, Walker*, Otten*, Mackay*, Sloane*

Traded/FA: Knights, Dangerfield, Griffen, Maric, McKernan, Tippett

Duds: Jacky, Kite, Cook, Armstrong, Lee, Young

Sep 19, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Chiefs
Towards the end, the strain was starting to show in a few of the guys and here's this kid still bubbling along. He's got good leadership qualities and is a real character.

There you go, explains everything. Was best on before the entire team capitulated half way through the second in the GF. Still our best player and his leadership is unquestionable :thumbsu:

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
giphy.gif

Sep 7, 2005
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Rams, UCLA Bruins
Sounds like a strong character!

Sounds like you may be right!

Interesting that Matty Rendell said that Sloane was the player that would have been the next chosen by the Crows in the 2007 draft. He seemed really chuffed when talking about Sloane. A 6' aggressive midfielder with real leadership qualities.

Rendell on the money!

Back