World Cup Day 8 Australia v West Indies @ Trent Bridge

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The previous ball Luke was a no ball.Front foot at least 300mm over the line.The lbw ball shood of been a free hit.

And he could have been out the next ball...

He’s not the only one to get a non called no ball! Hit the ball problem solved

Jan 3, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
I think people would be surprised just how many no balls are uncalled now, they only told us about the Starc one because it was before a vital wicket but how many missed no balls which didn't get followed by a wicket have they missed so far?

Some umpires clearly don't watch at all anymore which is why when they check after wickets some will be a foot over some will be a foot behind the umps just don't watch it live.
Should just let the third umpire check every ball for no balls. Let the field umpire just focus on the ball

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
The umpires were rubbish yesterday and deserved criticism but live I thought Gayle's LBW looked pretty good to hit leg. On replay not as out as it looked first up but still shown to be hitting the stumps, imo absolutely nothing wrong with that decision at all in isolation.

Didn't stop Holding whinging about it though.

It was a decent enough decision, can’t argue with it. Just seemed like the sort where the batsman might get the benefit after how poor the previous one was and with Starc swinging it in fairly appreciably.

I don’t for a second think the umpires were out to get us but I do think there’s a shred of credibility in the notion that they probably gave a few of the incorrect ones out of the length of the appeals

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
What a *en win

Strong character and massive resolve to withstand and recover from that early onslaught. Smith gave his critics a big * you steadying the ship and standing tall while Coulter-Nile was all class.

Stuck it right up those arrogant Windies who were up and about in the press 1-2 weeks ago about how they were going to roll us etc.

Close, but no ciggy son.

Come back next time.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
What a ****en win

Strong character and massive resolve to withstand and recover from that early onslaught. Smith gave his critics a big **** you steadying the ship and standing tall while Coulter-Nile was all class.

Stuck it right up those arrogant Windies who were up and about in the press 1-2 weeks ago about how they were going to roll us etc.

Close, but no ciggy son.

Come back next time.

Um, any proof of that? Gayle is the only one in that side who ever shoots his mouth off, and with 20 years of international cricket behind him, two test triple hundreds, an odi double century and a host of T20 records that will never be broken he’s probably entitled to it.

It’s lieteally a week since their captain, one of the most humble men in the world of cricket, said, and I quote, ‘we have no expectations’

Jesus think before you type

Westend

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Great bowling by Starc to pick up a 5 for awesome by Coulter good solid knocks by Smith and Carey...it was a good win but there are still major problems

As I have said before Usman should not be in the team batting at three....he needs to go.

India coming with quality spin Usman traditionaly struggles against spin and now he is spooked by the short ball ...we cannot have usman at three Smith for me please or S marsh

The other major issue is both Maxwell and Stoinis ability to play a long innings ...this was a perfect opportunity for them to bat deep....I remember everyone was getting upset when JL put maxwell at 7 saying that he didnt have enough overs/time to play......I Tell you what at this stage I reckon JL was justified seeing that maxwell is only capable of surviving up to 10-20 overs with the blade. Yes he can do it well with limited overs with the blade but if he is going to bat in the top 5 he needs to be able to bat deep.

Stoinis was looking good and I was hoping for a score but once again he hits the ball at a catchable height.....I was suprised that Finchie didnt use him more with the ball.......I thought he would of come on before Maxwell with Hope in some trouble against the short ball.

Team for India

Warner
Finch
Smith
marsh
Maxwell
Stoinis
Carey
Coulter
Cummins
Starc
Zamps

Or to boost the bowling
Warner
Finch
Smith
Carey
Maxwell
Stoinis
Coulter
Cummins
Starc
Zampa
Lyon or Behrendoff

I would back an extra bowler to score more runs than Usman atm

Jan 6, 2004
jfgjgfj
They might back this bowling one more time vs india but if the backups don't perform changes will be made, our strike bowlers took 7/87 the others 1/191 a team like India won't be stupid and attack Starc and cummins they would have just seen them off and won the game by belting the rest.

But when he's out the delivery immediately after the no ball - and an absolutely blatant no ball - I think they're pretty justified in being upset about that one.

Again there’s probably a dozen no called no balls in every innings just because he missed the next one doesn’t mean the other ones weren’t critical either. It’s why I’ve been a big fan of taking no balls away from the umpire- there should/is technology just relay it to the umpire and call it before the next ball.

Yet if it was Steve Smith you would be abusing the umpire and going right off...

I wouldn’t actually. Umpiring is trash across the board. Hit the ball take the useless duds out of the equation

Woody15

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Again there’s probably a dozen no called no balls in every innings just because he missed the next one doesn’t mean the other ones weren’t critical either. It’s why I’ve been a big fan of taking no balls away from the umpire- there should/is technology just relay it to the umpire and call it before the next ball.

I wouldn’t actually. Umpiring is trash across the board. Hit the ball take the useless duds out of the equation
You seriously have the worst takes on the game. It really is incredible.

How anyone can argue that Gayle getting out to a ball that should have been a free hit isn't unfair is quite remarkable.

Woody15

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
You really are the epitome of an armchair expert.

Like its sooooo simple to get bat on ball when its swinging at 150km. And that by failing to do so, Gayle has only himself to blame for being dismissed - completely ignoring the fact the umpire should be looking for no balls.

Jan 6, 2004
jfgjgfj
Would be interesting to see the footage of this wc and no balls, I remember just one test match in england where they missed something like 9 no balls from stokes you would have to assume dozens of no balls and potential free hits have been missed in the first week of this comp.

Back