Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

Love the way Freo are playing this year.

Big Geelong fan here.

Regarding, Tim Kelly, will Freo have a chance to pick him next year if he decides to move again? Why did he not want to move to Freo last year? Did you guys burn him and/or have those bridges been mended? Feels like he would elevate your midfield as a fast/strong inside mid?

When West Coast has a bigger, longer offer on the table he's going to want to go to that.

He's a ruckman who isn't quite 21 yet. This isn't an abnormal situation. Take Reilly O'Brien rucking at Adelaide, he was drafted in 2015 and has played 11 games - he's almost three years older than Sean Darcy.

The bigger they are, the longer they take.
that's what she said :moustache::cool:

Last edited:
When West Coast has a bigger, longer offer on the table he's going to want to go to that.
WC have 6 A graders already, possibly more, can they afford Kelly?
Even if Kennedy is nearing the end, adding Kelly could keep them at the top.
Ruck is the unknown with NN, English or Jackson perhaps?

From what I’ve heard it wouldn’t have mattered due to the managers dislike of Freo correct?

Darling is a free agent at the end of next season.

They have Nic Nat and Masten as free agents this year.

Ah my bad, for some reason though Darling was this year. Still will need $ for him.

Nic nat will get a pay cut surely

Rumours he wants a mil at Geelong and they won’t go near that
Don't reckon West Coast can get near it either. Probably should have coughed up what the Cats wanted last year and got him for 500k instead.

Welcome to Freo Tim!*

*Don't actually want to pay him a mil but happy to go ~800.

Don't reckon West Coast can get near it either. Probably should have coughed up what the Cats wanted last year and got him for 500k instead.

Welcome to Freo Tim!*

*Don't actually want to pay him a mil but happy to go ~800.

Yeah I’d go 800/900 on a 4 year deal.

They would probably want our first rounder and Darcy.

Yeah I’d go 800/900 on a 4 year deal.

They would probably want our first rounder and Darcy.
That is a top-dollar trade which we wouldn't do. Darcy way too important to us.

It is worth remembering that they gave up 9 and 28 (plus Dean Gore, who is no longer on Adelaide's list) for Dangerfield , which for me puts Kelly and Dangerfield in a similar trade value zone. Both very good players, but Dangerfield is the better players by a fair bit. They low-balled Adelaide, and we would low-ball them, and the trade would get done.

That is a top-dollar trade which we wouldn't do. Darcy way too important to us.

It is worth remembering that they gave up 9 and 28 (plus Dean Gore, who is no longer on Adelaide's list) for Dangerfield , which for me puts Kelly and Dangerfield in a similar trade value zone. Both very good players, but Dangerfield is the better players by a fair bit. They low-balled Adelaide, and we would low-ball them, and the trade would get done.

I’d rather Kelly than Danger on a list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100k with with a lifetime tattooist. Accept or GTFO. It ain’t about the money, it’s about the glory of worthless tattoos
so he would take quite a bite out of their salary cap :cool:

I’d pay our 1st round 2020 for Kelly.

No more, no less.

Out of contract, he told Geelong he wants home. If he doesn’t sign over the bye round. Swap 1st round pick.

If he’s doesn’t sign in the bye before finals when they’re minor premiers looking at a flag, then they will lose serious leverage.

Strikes me a bit like the Hamling and Headland trades after premierships. Cats might be more open after a flag Win.

Kelly reminds me of David Mundy. A bit quicker but same silky skills and cool under pressure. He attacks the ball and blocks opponents out well when one of his own has hands on the ball. I'd be happy to have him in

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back