Recommitted Brayden Sier [re-signed]

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
The professionalism stuff is BF rumour, to be taken with a grain of salt.
Funny that everyone always lists a bunch of reasons that he’s not worth much but when push comes to shove they’d take him on their list in a heartbeat because they know how good he will be.
No.... They'd take him on the list for fair price, big difference. Some Collingwood fans want overpayment like a first rounder, he's not worth that on the facts.
I'd happily have him for our second, because that's a fair price. I'd be livid if we paid our first rounder for him. Pretty easy to see the distinction.

No.... They'd take him on the list for fair price, big difference. Some Collingwood fans want overpayment like a first rounder, he's not worth that on the facts.
I'd happily have him for our second, because that's a fair price. I'd be livid if we paid our first rounder for him. Pretty easy to see the distinction.
Are you arguing he’s not worth a first or not worth a pick inside the top 30? Because if it’s the former then I have no idea why you’re questioning my value of him, given I’ve never said he’s worth a first...

Pleasedontfail11

Premiership Player
Oct 28, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
F1 racing
Is he worth a first rounder? Probably. Would we get a first rounder if he declares his intention to leave? Hell no. Agree he would be traded for pick 20-40 if he nominated another club.
Just because most pies fans know this is the truth, doesn't mean we have to liike it.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Are you arguing he’s not worth a first or not worth a pick inside the top 30? Because if it’s the former then I have no idea why you’re questioning my value of him, given I’ve never said he’s worth a first...
I'm saying he's worth a pick between 20-40, so a second rounder. Just contrasting to the views of some. Inside the top 30? Possibly, but not earlier than 20 and that could be generous too.

Given he was taken at pick 32 according to the CFC website, do you really think he has done enough to increase in value based on his draft position? Given all the facts so far?

I'm saying he's worth a pick between 20-40, so a second rounder. Just contrasting to the views of some. Inside the top 30? Possibly, but not earlier than 20 and that could be generous too.

Given he was taken at pick 32 according to the CFC website, do you really think he has done enough to increase in value based on his draft position? Given all the facts so far?
He’s proven that he can perform at a consistently high level and do it on the big stage. The only real query would be fitness/injury, but most clubs would back themselves to get him right in this regard, and he has exactly the kind of physique and traits clubs look for these days in an inside mid, so yes, I believe that he has done enough to justify an increase in value relative to his original draft position.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
He’s proven that he can perform at a consistently high level and do it on the big stage. .
12 total career games.
Please be sensible. Even if all his 12 games were a vert high level, which they wouldn't have been, he hasn't even done it for 1 full season yet. That statement is way out of proportions to his proven performance.

12 total career games.
Please be sensible. Even if all his 12 games were a vert high level, which they wouldn't have been, he hasn't even done it for 1 full season yet. That statement is way out of proportions to his proven performance.
Neither has Shai Bolton, but most Richmond fans seem to think he’s worth about pick 20...
And yeah, most of his games were a high level. He averages 19.5 disposals and 4 clearances a game from about 63% TOG. Once his fitness allowshim to run at about 80% TOG his numbers should go up significantly.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Neither has Shai Bolton, but most Richmond fans seem to think he’s worth about pick 20...
And yeah, most of his games were a high level. He averages 19.5 disposals and 4 clearances a game from about 63% TOG. Once his fitness allowshim to run at about 80% TOG his numbers should go up significantly.
Odd deflection... Bolton was taken a little earlier than Sier in the draft, and Bolton is a year younger. If that is taken into account, which one would be rated higher on that alone? Probably Bolton, but I'm not arguing Boltons value, I'm arguing your point of calling a 12 gamer a consistent high level performer on the big stage...

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Every Big Footy poster: I’d have Sier at my club. I reckon he’ll be a gun.
Media: There’s significant interest in Sier.
Several BF posters with supposed contacts: [insert club here] is really interested.

Also every BF poster: Oh he’s only worth a late second rounder...
Teams dont pay 1st round picks on Potential after a player been at the club for 4 years and played 12 games , Specially with the issue's that have kept him from playing more games.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
He’s proven that he can perform at a consistently high level and do it on the big stage. The only real query would be fitness/injury, but most clubs would back themselves to get him right in this regard, and he has exactly the kind of physique and traits clubs look for these days in an inside mid, so yes, I believe that he has done enough to justify an increase in value relative to his original draft position.
What would you give up for Jack Graham, He laso performed on the biggest stage

Odd deflection... Bolton was taken a little earlier than Sier in the draft, and Bolton is a year younger. If that is taken into account, which one would be rated higher on that alone? Probably Bolton, but I'm not arguing Boltons value, I'm arguing your point of calling a 12 gamer a consistent high level performer on the big stage...
Age is fairly irrelevant when the players in question are so young, and original draft position is completely irrelevant once a player is in the system.
As for high level on the big stage, look at his finals series, he killed it.
Teams dont pay 1st round picks on Potential after a player been at the club for 4 years and played 12 games , Specially with the issue's that have kept him from playing more games.
Point me to where I said he’s worth a first round pick ffs.....

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Age is fairly irrelevant when the players in question are so young, and original draft position is completely irrelevant once a player is in the system.

I didn't introduce Bolton so I don't need to defend others value of him in a thread where I'm discussing Sier though.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers

So whats he worth ? Most neutrals are saying a pick #20-#30 and you appear to disagree
Nothing, because he’s not the type of player my club currently needs.
Its a hypothetical but would be interesting to hear your opinion

So whats he worth ? Most neutrals are saying a pick #20-#30 and you appear to disagree

Its a hypothetical but would be interesting to hear your opinion
I’ve already said top 30 pick would be fair. Anything 30+ is unders. I wouldn’t expect a first rounder unless there were multiple clubs involved and a bidding war starts. Having said that, I don’t think he’ll leave Collingwood anyway. All current reports have him happy at the pies, and the club rates his talent very highly.

As for Graham, I haven’t paid enough attention to him to make a fair assessment of his value, so I won’t make one at all.

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
12 total career games.
It really depends if he wants to leave and if he does how many clubs want him and how desperate they are. Teams like Richmond and Essendon who have a big need for a big mid would likely pay more than other clubs who don’t think they are in the window

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
It really depends if he wants to leave and if he does how many clubs want him and how desperate they are. Teams like Richmond and Essendon who have a big need for a big mid would likely pay more than other clubs who don’t think they are in the window

I personally dont think he will leave and wouldnt be offered up for trade either, The only way he would be looking to leave is if he doesnt get enough games
Wells , Mayne , Varcoe , Greenwood will all be let go before Sier in my opinion the next 2 years then the end will be closer for Pendles & Sidebottom

Dont think Richmond is despertae for a 'Big' inside mid but more a mid that has the ability to win the inside ball 30+ times a game and players like Neal & Mitchell have shown its not the size that gets the job done.

In 12 games Sier has only managed more than 23 touches a game 2 times with 26 & 27 and averages 19.5 a game and 2 clangers 68% DE
Whilst i wouldnt mind him on potential we have a 1st year player Jack Ross who has played 5 games that gets similar numbers at 76% and is 3 years younger

Brayden Sier needs to have a big 2019 for the rest of the season to improve what the Pies would get for him imo

Another player which looks to be available and is extremely similar is Will Brodie

Will Brodie v Brayden Sier
https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...2=24&type=A&pid1=4191&pid2=6337&fid1=C&fid2=C

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
If he wants to leave for opportunity, clubs are usually fairly accommodating and generally don't make other teams over pay. A second rounder and some 3rd or 4th upgrade for Collingwood probably gets it done if he wants to leave. They aren't likely to demand a ransom because he'd be uncontracted wouldn't he?

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
If he wants to leave for opportunity, clubs are usually fairly accommodating and generally don't make other teams over pay. A second rounder and some 3rd or 4th upgrade for Collingwood probably gets it done if he wants to leave. They aren't likely to demand a ransom because he'd be uncontracted wouldn't he?
Depends on the team imo, if he wants to go to Bombers/Tigers I think we’d really go hard at trying to get overs whereas if it were with the doggies who we’ve had good trading terms with I think we would be more accommodating... you could say it’s the supporter in me saying that but when was the last time we traded with bombers/tigers... I honestly can’t remember

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
I personally dont think he will leave and wouldnt be offered up for trade either, The only way he would be looking to leave is if he doesnt get enough games
Wells , Mayne , Varcoe , Greenwood will all be let go before Sier in my opinion the next 2 years then the end will be closer for Pendles & Sidebottom

Dont think Richmond is despertae for a 'Big' inside mid but more a mid that has the ability to win the inside ball 30+ times a game and players like Neal & Mitchell have shown its not the size that gets the job done.

In 12 games Sier has only managed more than 23 touches a game 2 times with 26 & 27 and averages 19.5 a game and 2 clangers 68% DE
Whilst i wouldnt mind him on potential we have a 1st year player Jack Ross who has played 5 games that gets similar numbers at 76% and is 3 years younger

Brayden Sier needs to have a big 2019 for the rest of the season to improve what the Pies would get for him imo

Another player which looks to be available and is extremely similar is Will Brodie

Will Brodie v Brayden Sier
https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...2=24&type=A&pid1=4191&pid2=6337&fid1=C&fid2=C

It's a common misconception, but clangers aren't turnovers. They're separate statistical categories from each other.

Clangers are a total of other unforced errors, like frees against, fumbles, out on the full, caught holding the ball, etc. Playing on the ball a lot, you're going to get a fair bit of those anyway, which is why the clanger leaderboard is mainly made up of full time mids and ruckmen.

There's a difference in a number of areas between Sier and Brodie, too:

Disposal Efficiency
Sier - 68.38%
Brodie - 61.89%

Turnover Rate
Sier - 15.81%
Brodie - 26.79%

Contested Possession Rate
Sier - 52.26%
Brodie - 44.19%

Inside 50s
Sier - 4.25
Brodie - 2.43

Score Involvements
Sier - 4.58
Brodie - 2.21

Time on Ground Percentage
Sier - 63.83%
Brodie - 71.29%

Sier is a far better and more damaging user of the footy at this stage, and does more in less time on the ground. They're similar types, but clearly Sier is ahead of Brodie at this stage, and therefore would command a higher price you would think.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
It's a common misconception, but clangers aren't turnovers. They're separate statistical categories from each other.

Sier is a far better and more damaging user of the footy at this stage, and does more in less time on the ground. They're similar types, but clearly Sier is ahead of Brodie at this stage, and therefore would command a higher price you would think.

Possibly but really dont believe it would be a massive difference something like 1 goes for #28 and the other #35 or something along these lines but the reality of the entire whats his value question is 'Who is the club he wants to get to"
and what picks they hold

Back