Preview Rnd 12 - Carlton v Brisbane Sat 8th June 1.45PM @ Etihad - Team Post #319 *Stocker injured, not dropped

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teague alluded to our forward line being #1 in the comp for 1v1 contests won.

I read elsewhere previously that McKay was the #1 forward in the league at winning contests.

Getting it in quick to McKay/Curnow/McGovern would be a defenders nightmare...all good marks and all quite quick at ground level. Can all also kick goals from 50m and via set shot or ground level balls. No brainer to try and get it to them quickly. Kick to their advantage or at least 50/50 and they'll make things happen.

Indeed and I also noted that Teague put in a very big thank you to McGovern who many have criticised on here - for intentionally taking himself out of play in order to make space for his team mates...I think Mitch might be better suited to staying in play - has he missed a set shot for us?

At the start of the year - I thought Carlton would have an extremely potent forward line - based on the talls- Harry has outperformed any expectations as far as contested marks go- is he in the top5 or so in AFL still? Charlie has had injury hold him back and who knows what else - whilst Mitch has had his own injury set bakcs - I'm confident that given a decent 'feed' these three will cause any defence massive headaches - just get the ball to them fast.

Just flicking through the tv guide in the apartment we are staying in, and the game is LIVE tomorrow arvo!

Yep every state except Victoria gets their home teams live every week, and yet interstate supporters still think they are hard done by by the VFL clubs.

Just flicking through the tv guide in the apartment we are staying in, and the game is LIVE tomorrow arvo!
Looking forward to comments from "International Special Comments" team! What do you want to see evidenced on field HBF?

Spoke well

At one point, media was trying to get him to comment around senior bodies/list management, but returned serve well.

Never heard anything about disconnection with the forwards, perhaps that was in another presser?

Good luck to him tomorrow, hope the boys come out firing

REad the post again, "Given the obvious disconnect between the mids and the forwards AND Teague's comments at the presser and on SEN today doesn't this story strike you as true?" Anyone who has watched a game in the past month has seen the disconnect between the mids and forwards.

It was Teague's other comments like playing the forwards closer to goal (on SEN) and footy being as much an art as a science that were more illuminating on the topic of him and Bolton not seeing eye to eye.

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2019-06-07/a-trio-of-talls

On Harry, Charlie & McGov ...

In his first game as caretaker coach, David Teague is looking forward to Carlton’s big men inside 50 having an impact against Brisbane.

“They are three exciting young forwards,” Teague said.
“They can all run, they can all move and they’re quite talented. We need those guys to share the workload evenly together.”

Indeed and I also noted that Teague put in a very big thank you to McGovern who many have criticised on here - for intentionally taking himself out of play in order to make space for his team mates...I think Mitch might be better suited to staying in play - has he missed a set shot for us?

At the start of the year - I thought Carlton would have an extremely potent forward line - based on the talls- Harry has outperformed any expectations as far as contested marks go- is he in the top5 or so in AFL still? Charlie has had injury hold him back and who knows what else - whilst Mitch has had his own injury set bakcs - I'm confident that given a decent 'feed' these three will cause any defence massive headaches - just get the ball to them fast.

I'm pretty sure McKay is still no #1 in the comp for contested marks. Could be wrong though.

If not hitting them up on the lead, can you just imagine the pressure defenders would be under in a 2v2 contesting a long kick to about 20m out directly in front of our goal?

I can see situations where we either get a big mark or free kick and then it's an easy set shot.

If the second defender goes third man up it leaves, for example, McGovern on the ground to crumb the pack or if the defenders stick to their man, McKay & McGov are both very good 1v1 marks, with McKay leading the competition. I want to see us pump the ball in there quickly. Things just tend to happen when you do that.

Looking forward to comments from "International Special Comments" team! What do you want to see evidenced on field HBF?
If I get a chance to watch it, i'd love to see Teague let the boys play. Too many times they have looked confused out on the ground.

Maybe move Charlie up the ground to get him more involved in the game. A forward line of H, Jack and Gov is quite appealing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

REad the post again, "Given the obvious disconnect between the mids and the forwards AND Teague's comments at the presser and on SEN today doesn't this story strike you as true?" Anyone who has watched a game in the past month has seen the disconnect between the mids and forwards.

It was Teague's other comments like playing the forwards closer to goal (on SEN) and footy being as much an art as a science that were more illuminating on the topic of him and Bolton not seeing eye to eye.

We all make assumptions, all I heard was wanting to move the ball quicker and keeping forwards deeper. Let's what happens between the arcs, which has been our greatest weakness

As for suggesting, that highlights Teague and Bolton not seeing eye to eye, then most senior coaches, would have the same so called issue, it's actually called different philosophies

Anyway, people are entitled to form their own opinions and perceptions and given this is a forum, we can all make comments

Yep every state except Victoria gets their home teams live every week, and yet interstate supporters still think they are hard done by by the VFL clubs.

Try supporting a Victorian team in South Australia. No hope when either SA team is playing.

Hope so.
Or Ed can go to Neale.
Big call for Teague
Teague......has CFC enthusiasm....and yes the genuine version,it is like putting high octane petrol in your vehicle
He will set us up properly...and have a go at the other teams especially the Lions who never have shown us any respect
Then...all the boys hit the gym for remainder of the year....more track work,more tone.more bulk/strength...
Yes step the entire shop up a lot higher....no time to wait ....just start taking it for the CFC

Last edited:
Go down to the abc store get some long island ice tea’s 😉

If I get a chance to watch it, i'd love to see Teague let the boys play. Too many times they have looked confused out on the ground.

Maybe move Charlie up the ground to get him more involved in the game. A forward line of H, Jack and Gov is quite appealing.
I’d like to see aggression, enthusiasm,quick ball movement & a rousing win
Oh and can someone get in Hodges face
Thanks

Spoke well

At one point, media was trying to get him to comment around senior bodies/list management, but returned serve well.
Never heard anything about disconnection with the forwards, perhaps that was in another presser?
Good luck to him tomorrow, hope the boys come out firing

Yes. Quite an affable character and handled himself loosely but very well.
Nothing to lose for Teague given his appreciation of where he is and what he has to do. He has a dream run into bolstering his coaching credits here.

Not expecting anything revolutionary but allowing individuals to be individuals, may somehow just make things happen.

I'm still interested as to why O'Brien made this squad this week as it wasn't on the back of form.
From an outside perspective, it seems to me that maybe Teague 'believed' in him more than for Bolton and if so, it could be a real fillip for Lochie.
We all need just that little pat on the back every now and then to wash away the nerves and apprehension, we may have had beforehand.

Yes. Quite an affable character and handled himself loosely but very well.
Nothing to lose for Teague given his appreciation of where he is and what he has to do. He has a dream run into bolstering his coaching credits here.

Not expecting anything revolutionary but allowing individuals to be individuals, may somehow just make things happen.

I'm still interested as to why O'Brien made this squad this week as it wasn't on the back of form.
From an outside perspective, it seems to me that maybe Teague 'believed' in him more than for Bolton and if so, it could be a real fillip for Lochie.
We all need just that little pat on the back every now and then to wash away the nerves and apprehension, we may have had beforehand.

I think both believed in LOB, their approach is probably different

Teague doesn't really have to worry about the future with this group, so releasing them won't draw criticism, no matter the result

We all make assumptions, all I heard was wanting to move the ball quicker and keeping forwards deeper. Let's what happens between the arcs, which has been our greatest weakness

As for suggesting, that highlights Teague and Bolton not seeing eye to eye, then most senior coaches, would have the same so called issue, it's actually called different philosophies

Anyway, people are entitled to form their own opinions and perceptions and given this is a forum, we can all make comments
Gee Whiz you go to extraordinary lengths to avoid acknowledging the blatantly obvious.

Once again we have someone with "intel" you don't agree so you think your opinion outweighs their facts. And once again you are actually agreeing with the point but still arguing against it.

As you point out most coaches and assistants would have the same "issue", no one is saying Bolton and Teague relationship was unworkable, simply that they saw things differently, which is evidenced by the art V science comment. Bolton being the senior coach would have got his way over Teague, now Teague is in charge he can do things differently, like play the forwards deeper, move the ball faster and not "over coach" and let the boys play with freedom.

I think both believed in LOB, their approach is probably different
Teague doesn't really have to worry about the future with this group, so releasing them won't draw criticism, no matter the result

Sure. We can go around what one thought as opposed what the other thought, and none of us will be the wiser.

I'm happy O'Brien is int the squad tomorrow and you can never be certain of anything, but already I can see him having his best game for the year, for what must have come about for him getting a recall. Good on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back