Preview Rnd 12 - Carlton v Brisbane Sat 8th June 1.45PM @ Etihad - Team Post #319 *Stocker injured, not dropped

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Righto I've listened and watched twice now....So whats this story?
Art V Science is the big one, Bolton was very structured and had a "plan"
, Teague is a bit more free form, let the player show their skills and play with flair and aggression.

We all make assumptions, all I heard was wanting to move the ball quicker and keeping forwards deeper. Let's what happens between the arcs, which has been our greatest weakness

As for suggesting, that highlights Teague and Bolton not seeing eye to eye, then most senior coaches, would have the same so called issue, it's actually called different philosophies

Anyway, people are entitled to form their own opinions and perceptions and given this is a forum, we can all make comments
Just one more thing, Teague was the forwards coach, now he is the senior coach he is going to have the forwards play differently but you think he and Bolton were on the same page?

Art V Science is the big one, Bolton was very structured and had a "plan"
, Teague is a bit more free form, let the player show their skills and play with flair and aggression.
Indeed. I mentioned that in an earlier post. I like the approach and its clearly why they went Teague not any of the other assistants.
It would be wrong to be trying to find skeletons in a dark cupboard though. Both coaching styles have merit however I think Boltons requires a lot more of the mature polished professionals onfield. I certainly didnt hear Teaugue taking swipes at Bolts as some have suggested. All he did was confirm individual ideas and throw in some of the excited kind of talk Bolton started out with three years ago and each season.
I have no doubt that in the end Bolts would have got there but the longevity of the task was always going to make it hard to keep his job.
Now its all of no matter. Teague is it. I love what he has to say. Behind that easy going manner is a shrewd brain I feel and a lot of ambition.

Go Blueboys. Stick it right up 'em.

Yes. Quite an affable character and handled himself loosely but very well.
Nothing to lose for Teague given his appreciation of where he is and what he has to do. He has a dream run into bolstering his coaching credits here.

Not expecting anything revolutionary but allowing individuals to be individuals, may somehow just make things happen.

I'm still interested as to why O'Brien made this squad this week as it wasn't on the back of form.
From an outside perspective, it seems to me that maybe Teague 'believed' in him more than for Bolton and if so, it could be a real fillip for Lochie.
We all need just that little pat on the back every now and then to wash away the nerves and apprehension, we may have had beforehand.
I think Teagues comment that he wants the "tough guys to be tough and the skilful guys to be skilful" might see LOB playing an entirely different role.

Gee Whiz you go to extraordinary lengths to avoid acknowledging the blatantly obvious.

Once again we have someone with "intel" you don't agree so you think your opinion outweighs their facts. And once again you are actually agreeing with the point but still arguing against it.

As you point out most coaches and assistants would have the same "issue", no one is saying Bolton and Teague relationship was unworkable, simply that they saw things differently, which is evidenced by the art V science comment. Bolton being the senior coach would have got his way over Teague, now Teague is in charge he can do things differently, like play the forwards deeper, move the ball faster and not "over coach" and let the boys play with freedom.

And now you are making assumptions about my comments

Intel? Perhaps it is opinion/rumour, which after passing through a number of lips, it could be Chinese whispers

You can believe anything you want, as can I

Indeed. I mentioned that in an earlier post. I like the approach and its clearly why they went Teague not any of the other assistants.
It would be wrong to be trying to find skeletons in a dark cupboard though. Both coaching styles have merit however I think Boltons requires a lot more of the mature polished professionals onfield. I certainly didnt hear Teaugue taking swipes at Bolts as some have suggested. All he did was confirm individual ideas and throw in some of the excited kind of talk Bolton started out with three years ago and each season.
I have no doubt that in the end Bolts would have got there but the longevity of the task was always going to make it hard to keep his job.
Now its all of no matter. Teague is it. I love what he has to say. Behind that easy going manner is a shrewd brain I feel and a lot of ambition.

Go Blueboys. Stick it right up 'em.

Talk is cheap I just want results/improvement, then I might be liking what DT has to say

Hope so.
Or Ed can go to Neale.
Big call for Teague
Neale is more high production, hard worker. Zorko is devastating when left alone.

For me, the decision rests in whether Zorko is capable of being tagged by someone else, as run with players can shut him right down. I don't have access to metres run statistics, but we have other players (Simpson, for example) who could sit on him, play a full ground defensive back pocket. Most of his most dangerous work is done ahead of centre, kicking at goal or into forward 50, and he's a notorious downhill skier when things are working well.

If we have no-one who can sit on Zorko, then Ed goes to him and Cripps can sit next to Neale, similar to how Brisbane compromised Rockliff's game against us last year. Cripps only gets the ball Neale gets, forcing the rest of their midfield to be more productive (although, this could have the side effect of improving the quality of their clearances whilst decreasing the number of them, as the rest of their midfield is younger but classier) in order to achieve parity in contested ball.

I will say, though, that this is a game we could win even if Bolton had not been sacked. Unlike most weeks, Brisbane do not outsize us chronically through the middle of the ground, their KPF are similarly young when contrasted to our KPD, and our KPF are sufficiently developed to stretch them. There is a reason they're top 8, but that is as much due to a good run with injuries improving onfield cohesion and continuous development coupled with a home ground advantage and an attractive draw. This game is not in Queensland, we're coming off a week to forget, there's a chance they'll get ahead of themselves and that a number of our players play for their careers, hoping desperately to impress with what time they have left.

We'll see. I go in without expectation, because even a simplification is a change to our system, and changes don't always come off. What it does make us is unpredicable, and that provides us an opportunity.

To mark this significant milestone, I dedicate this poem as a symbol of the resurrection of Carlton.

CARLTON THE PHEONIX
We have suffered through all the churn,
And now the tide is about to turn.
It's time to fight back and make a stand,
To put on display the real Carlton brand.
We are Carlton, we are the proud true Blue,
With fighting spirit, we always come through.
The Carlton Phoenix will rise and be born again.
To transform talented boys, to champion men.
We will rise again and reclaim our place,
As the No 1 team, in the premiership race.

I love Carlton. Amen
Love it chip. You got a huge uplifting drop chorus to complement those verses?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So basically when we have the ball (apart from newman) we're pretty bloody good, but we don't get enough of it. We know its the case but we really need to help Cripps out.
Far as that tells me our forwards are actually really effective. Just don't get it enough. Exactly.. Newmans had a few shockers :/. To be fair it is down his end a lot.

I thought it was a very impressive press conference but I may just be too easily impressed.

I liked the fact that he very neatly sidestepped the question on list balance and, whilst he didn't dance on Boltons grave he also didn't waste time with any platitudes toward him.

Interesting that, when talking about mentors he mentioned Walsh and Worsfold and no mention at all of what BB had done. I may be reading too much into it but I don't think that it's beyond the realms of possibility that there was a disconnect between he and Bolts.

He's talking a different approach to match days and strategies, it will be interesting to see if that approach is obvious to us all and, more importantly, successful.

Looking forward to tomorrow more than I have since round two.

And no, I wasn't in the sack Bolton camp.

Zorko usually tears us apart, hello Ed. Hopefully.
I wouldn't mind backing our on ballers in against theirs, tipping Cripps to have an enormous game after last week. I wouldn't mind seeing Ed bully McCluggage for the day, he's been a seriously damaging player on the outside for them this year.

Something intriguing about Teague's role compared other interim coaches is that there's no need to tank this year, we've already traded our pick away. Compare that to Ratten or Barker with what was at stake plus many from other clubs and if a new coach took over they were usually there to help get as low a draft pick as possible. Teague is one of the very few that will have licence to get the best out of the players.

I hope we go simple and play one on one football. Best for the younger players. Attack and run when we have it and defend like heck when we don't. Get some real spirit in the joint.

Plus make some changes. SPS off HB, Thomas up forward, Charlie on a wing etc.

Agree soap re sps . Going back last week he seemed to be more composed .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back