Heroic Adam Goodes honoured with a documentary about his last season

Adam Goodes is one of the all time greats and a wonderful role-model

• I agree (correct)

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • I disagree, and my wife/cousin shares this opinion

Votes: 26 29.9%
  • I await his swimming and **** policy (also correct)

Votes: 30 34.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It was unfortunate that the girl was 13 but Goodes didn't know that at the time and he had every right to call it out imo.
Yeah plus she was a Collingwood fan so probably there with her two kids

It looks as though history has been successfully re-written by an like-minded group of, dare I say, virtue signalling lefty types. I'll be interested to see if the documentaries are chronologically accurate, and whether mention is made of the other reasons for public hostility (other than racism).

I don't really get the point of booing players, but I can see why people booed Goodes. He played the game on the edge, and there was a view held be non-Swans supporters that he got a dream run at the tribunal.

I wonder whether a similar campaign will see apologies made by Cricket Australia for the treatment of Sir Richard Hadlee by cricket fans in the 1980's.

Adam Goodes has a highly disagreeable, easily dis-likable personality and was booed because his on-field behavior clearly reflected that.

It isn't a difficult concept to understand and has nothing to do with his skin color. Shaun Burgoyne has publicly advocated for Aboriginal causes yet is one of the most universally-admired men in football because he's a quality human being who'd never sink to Adam Goodes' level of blatant attention whoredom.

Unfortunately a lot of people are pushing their own little political agendas for their own little private reasons, and are happy to use Adam Goodes as a vehicle for doing that. Most are hypocrites who couldn't care less about him, its all about provoking outrage and making others feel guilty.

A molehill situation with the Collingwood girl that got blown out of proportion and became a mountain.
His spear chucking war dance didn’t help his cause either.

Hi Bay.

Now I'm sure there might be a minority of backwards-looking knuckle-draggers who disagree, but Adam Goodes, one of the all time great players and a worthy Australian of the Year.
Fittingly, a documentary has been filmed highlighting his difficult final season in which a few bad eggs decided to shamefully boo him and some mindless sheep joined them.
Indigenous players (who know indigenous issues quite well) have released a statement confirming just how respected and great Goodes was:

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2019...-adam-goodes-was-treated/11185732?pfmredir=sm

His brother is an excellent person too doing good things for football in Western Victoria.

So how excited are you to watch this? I hope he enters parliament someday.

I applaud your leadership in starting this thread. I knew there was going to be a thread on the Bay but I came here with low expectations. He is a good man and deserves much better than he has received.

I never had a problem with Goodes during the 04-07 period when the West Coast vs Sydney epic rivalry was at its highest. He was a great player that played fairly and had nothing but admiration for him.

Then in the last few seasons of his career he started to snipe players off the ball, slide in knees first injuring other players, and the virtue signalling AFL never suspended him. From that point he gained the untouchable AFL love child image that Ablett seems to have gotten this year. Fans boo’d Goodes cos he started playing dirty and he wasn’t being penalised.

Then he did the war dance which was directed EXACTLY at the small pocket of Carlton fans. He should have been fined for potentially inciting the crowd in the same manner players get fined for flipping the middle finger. But the AFL turned a blind eye because it was their golden child.

Then the 13yo girl incident happened and his antics suggested “attention whore wanting to be the victim”. He pointed the girl out, went off the ground and it looked as though he was desperately trying to have his own Nicky Winmar moment. I’m sure Goodes has been called similar racist names before in life, if not worse names. But in the heat of a game where his mind should be on winning he threw a tantrum and stormed off like a juvenile himself.

Even upon realising the girl was barely a teenager he still carried on in the media. This episode combined with his dirty sniping behaviour earned him boo’s from fans of every club.

In my mind the AFL helped create this absurd situation by refusing to treat him like a white person and suspend him for blatant dirty acts. They chose to instead give him the golden child treatment and anyone who is perceived to be favoured by the AFL will cop it from fans, as evidenced by GAJ this season. *Also note how the boos are a lot less tonight from Ablett now that he has rightfully copped his whack.

Everyone in the footy media is at this point pretty much bullied into toeing the company line and saying how awful the treatment of Goodes was, for fear of being labeled a racist, nazi, red neck etc.

This whole saga should have ended when Goodes retired. But guess what - the twat is back in the media spotlight playing the victim AGAIN, as if one turn on the merry-go-round wasn’t enough for the attention whore.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never had a problem with Goodes during the 04-07 period when the West Coast be Sydney epic rivalry was at its highest. He was a great player that played fairly and had nothing but admiration for him.

Then in the last few seasons of his career he started to snipe players off the ball, slide in knees first injuring other players, and the virtue signalling AFL never suspended him. From that point he gained the untouchable AFL love child that Ablett seems to have gotten this year. Fans boo’d Goodes cos he started playing dirty and wasn’t being penalised.

Then the 13yo girl incident happened and his antics suggested “attention whore wanting to be the victim”. He pointed the girl out, went off the ground and it looked as though he was desperately trying to have his own Nicky Winmar moment. I’m sure Goodes has been called similar racist names before in life, if not worse names. But in the heat of a game where his mind should be on winning he threw a tantrum and stormed off like a juvenile himself.

Even upon realising the girl was barely a teenager he still carried on in the media. This episode combined with his dirty sniping behaviour aren’t him boo’s from fans of every club.

In my mind the AFL helped create this absurd situation by refusing to treat him like a white person and suspend him for blatant dirty acts. They chose to instead give him the golden child treatment and anyone who is perceived to be favoured by the AFL will cop it from fans, as evidenced by GAJ this season. *Also note how the boos are a lot less tonight from Ablett now that he has rightfully coppped his whack.

Everyone in the footy media is at this point pretty much bullied into toeing the company line and saying how awful the treatment of Goodes was, for fear of being labeled a racist, nazi, red neck etc.

This whole saga should have ended when Goodes retired. But guess what - the twat is back in the media spotlight playing the victim AGAIN, as if one turn on the merry-go-round wasn’t enough for the attention whore.

Correct
Absolutely spot on
521DC7E2-A1EB-48E9-8C83-CA9245DA8B44.gif

I never had a problem with Goodes during the 04-07 period when the West Coast vs Sydney epic rivalry was at its highest. He was a great player that played fairly and had nothing but admiration for him.

Then in the last few seasons of his career he started to snipe players off the ball, slide in knees first injuring other players, and the virtue signalling AFL never suspended him. From that point he gained the untouchable AFL love child image that Ablett seems to have gotten this year. Fans boo’d Goodes cos he started playing dirty and he wasn’t being penalised.

Then he did the war dance which was directed EXACTLY at the small pocket of Carlton fans. He should have been fined for potentially inciting the crowd in the same manner players get fined for flipping the middle finger. But the AFL turned a blind eye because it was their golden child.

Even upon realising the girl was barely a teenager he still carried on in the media. This episode combined with his dirty sniping behaviour earned him boo’s from fans of every club.

In my mind the AFL helped create this absurd situation by refusing to treat him like a white person and suspend him for blatant dirty acts. They chose to instead give him the golden child treatment and anyone who is perceived to be favoured by the AFL will cop it from fans, as evidenced by GAJ this season. *Also note how the boos are a lot less tonight from Ablett now that he has rightfully copped his whack.

Revisionism at its best. Goodes was never considered a grub. across 370+ games he had a few incidents, but was never an out an out sniper. Hodge elbowed a guy into a goal post and got done for drink driving wasn’t booed, Milne at the time , and Sicily didn’t cop the same treatment - before you say they copped plenty, it wasn’t widespread, large portion of the crowd called out by all booing. This argument is complete bollocks - the only player that large portion of the stadium booed on mass was far from the dirtiest - if you can’t see there was another reason you aren’t looking.

if you can’t see there was another reason you aren’t looking.
And that’s the trouble- you’re actively looking for racism. I explained reasons for Goodes being boo’d. The sniping at the end of his career is only a portion of it. You conveniently ignored the rest of the reasons i listed

Care to explain why Goodes wasn’t boo’d for first 12 years of his career? Please explain that to me. I can’t wait to hear what you have to say. You’re dying to say the booing of Goodes was solely racism, yet I bet you can’t explain why Goodes wasn’t boo’d his whole career, or why other aboriginals aren’t boo’d every game of the year.

Please give me your answers in a detailed response and not some throwaway 1 word.

Last edited:
A man of principles who was treated like crap by the redneck football follower.The booing was a real throwback to another era when Indigenous players were seen as too 'uppity ' if they brought up Indigenous issues. His mother and brother are salt of the earth people.
A talented footballer but milked frees too often, got let off for loose play too often and was booed for that by many other supporters.

I hate racism but to blame all booing of goodes on racism is drawing a really long bow.

I hate racism but to blame all booing of goodes on racism is drawing a really long bow.

It's an unmitigated lie and a disgraceful affront to actual racism.

It only serves to highlight how unbelievably conceited Goodes was.

"Why are they booing me? oh I know, it must be because I am aboriginal. It couldn't be for any other reason"

Unless you froth at the mouth and agree wholeheartedly with every thing that is great and good... you’re a racist bigot

Idiots have taken over everything on the planet.

Revisionism at its best. Goodes was never considered a grub. across 370+ games he had a few incidents, but was never an out an out sniper. Hodge elbowed a guy into a goal post and got done for drink driving wasn’t booed, Milne at the time , and Sicily didn’t cop the same treatment - before you say they copped plenty, it wasn’t widespread, large portion of the crowd called out by all booing. This argument is complete bollocks - the only player that large portion of the stadium booed on mass was far from the dirtiest - if you can’t see there was another reason you aren’t looking.
Excellent point, when can we start booing Hodge? Shall I start us off

It was bullying based on whatever reason I’m not sure, but it wasn’t at all justified, so don’t try and justify it.

Only idiots and children joined in, hence why the WC supporters (not known for having a young demographic) were the worst cuprits.

Back