The on topic thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’m sure there are people who want City punished whether they’ve done something wrong or not.

Equally I’m sure there are people who don’t want City punished whether they’ve done something wrong or not.

I'm sure you're correct. But I'd say there is more of the first than the second in positions of power at UEFA, and in positions that have an influence on UEFA.

So if a City fan (not me, if we're found guilty in a fair process and punished so be it) wants us off the hook then who cares.

But if a member of the Investigatory Chamber wants us punished regardless that's more of an issue. Or a senior official at a rival club(s) is lobbying for a punishment then that's an issue too. We know the club suspects rivals clubs of briefing the media against us over the issue.

Now that it’s reached a tribunal with a reputation for being more independent and less corrupt than FIFA/UEFA, I’m looking forward to the evidence (including new evidence) being properly interrogated and the case being assessed on its merits without the uncertainty and corruption which pervades the football governance hierarchy.

If City think they’re innocent, they should welcome this. With a clear decision in their favour, people will stop applying asterisks to all of their achievements, and focus more on the incredible football they’re playing.

I don't think we'll get closure from this to be honest. It's a case just on UEFA following their procedures I don't think they'll even look at our guilt or innocence.

In the long run, people will apply asterisks to our achievements regardless of what happens. I just hope the facts come out, I don't think that will happen at CAS right now.

Last edited:
I’m sure there are people who want City punished whether they’ve done something wrong or not.

Equally I’m sure there are people who don’t want City punished whether they’ve done something wrong or not.

Now that it’s reached a tribunal with a reputation for being more independent and less corrupt than FIFA/UEFA, I’m looking forward to the evidence (including new evidence) being properly interrogated and the case being assessed on its merits without the uncertainty and corruption which pervades the football governance hierarchy.

If City think they’re innocent, they should welcome this. With a clear decision in their favour, people will stop applying asterisks to all of their achievements, and focus more on the incredible football they’re playing.
no they wont

But you are advocating that the Investigatory chamber doesn't take any notice of our evidence. This is the Investigatory Chamber that has recommended a season long ban for us, and you're ok if they haven't actually checked our side of the story.

What is the point of procedural rules if you can just do what you like?

As I've said I wouldn't want it to end on a technicality or procedural matter. I understand why the club would be happy for that to happen as there is a huge financial cost to us if we are suspended.

But as a fan I want all the facts on the table.

The adjudictory chamber has the final say does it not on FFP compliance / bans? It exists so clubs can have their say just like you are saying. Cant see them handing a ban out without good reason.

The adjudictory chamber has the final say does it not on FFP compliance / bans? It exists so clubs can have their say just like you are saying. Cant see them handing a ban out without good reason.
The Investigatory Chamber can clear a side, issue a punishment or refer to the adjudicatory chamber who could potentially give a more serious punishment (they could also clear us or give a fine etc)

The Investigatory Chamber in this case referred us to the Adjudicatory Chamber with a recommendation of a one season ban.

I think our argument to CAS will be that they made that decision without considering our evidence because the deadline for charging us had been reached and they either had to refer us onwards or close the case.

Basically saying that a body with the potential to clear us hasn't considered our side of the story. A concept you quite strangely find laughable.

Last edited:
The Investigatory Chamber can clear a side, issue a punishment or refer to the adjudicatory chamber.

The Investigatory Chamber in this case referred us to the Adjudicatory Chamber with a recommendation of a one season ban.

I think our argument to CAS will be that they made that decision without considering our evidence because the deadline for charging us had been reached and they either had to refer us onwards or close the case.

So the investigatory chamber made no decision and referred it on to an independent party. Probably a good move, dont want to get these things wrong. To ne arguing the referring to an independent body seems flimsy. Nothing has been decided yet. City should be happy with the case going to the adjudictory chamber if they are innocent as claimed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the investigatory chamber made no decision and referred it on to an independent party.

Referring us to the Adjudicatory Chamber is a decision. It's not a case of "we don't know, let someone else decide". It's a move to a higher tribunal capable of issuing harsher punishments. And they made it with a recommendation for a season long ban.

It's the sort of decision you probably should consider both sides of the story fully before making.

Probably a good move, dont want to get these things wrong. To ne arguing the referring to an independent body seems flimsy. Nothing has been decided yet. City should be happy with the case going to the adjudictory chamber if they are innocent as claimed.

I think it's been pretty clear from our public statements that the club expected to be found guilty by both chambers. We'll take our chances through the legal system, but if it can be thrown out before then by UEFA not following due process then it makes sense (from a business perspective) to do so.

Last edited:
Referring us to the Adjudicatory Chamber is a decision. It's not a case of "we don't know, let someone else decide". It's a move to a higher tribunal capable of issuing harsher punishments. And they made it with a recommendation for a season long ban.

So it is safe to say City would have appealed to the CAS if the case was referred to the adjudictory chamber with a recommendation to clear them?

United have released 14 players. Most youngsters but Valencia and Herrera are apart of that group. Why stop there? Release Jones and Rojo too. Hopefully in the next lot to be released.

Broken ankle apparently and out for 8 to 12 weeks.

CHO, RLC now James. Look our Mason Mount:eek:

Horrible news. Hopefully the kid makes a full and proper recovery. :(

Ashley Young is Uniteds captain.

Um, okay?

He should be ****ed off too. And it’s rather pathetic the club harps on about getting youth into the club and then turn around and offer Mata a new contract. Anyone who contributes nothing should be released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back