Toast Hawthorn have headf***ed everyone

Mar 15, 2009
Scarborough WA
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
All Blacks Green Bay
We're pretty irrelevant atm. This thread makes us look like twats.

*had a couple wines
I can only see the thread making one person look like a twat. The thread was created after we had just threepeated and were 5th on the ladder, looking at another tilt. The whole (proven to be false) freekick hawthorn campaign was in full swing and the level of headf**kery was blowing the fuses in the headf**kery meters around the globe. Taking t out of context and calling the people who posted in it twats is next level twatism.

Mojo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2007
Beaumaris
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I can only see the thread making one person look like a twat. The thread was created after we had just threepeated and were 5th on the ladder, looking at another tilt. The whole (proven to be false) freekick hawthorn campaign was in full swing and the level of headf**kery was blowing the fuses in the headf**kery meters around the globe. Taking t out of context and calling the people who posted in it twats is next level twatism.

Totally justified thread at the time, GG, but the fact it's still on-going now and contains posts (2 pages back) that suggest the huge melts on the mainboard if we recruit Coniglio, etc. We're just not the team or club we were 2-3 seasons ago (ATM).

Totally justified thread at the time, GG, but the fact it's still on-going now and contains posts (2 pages back) that suggest the huge melts on the mainboard if we recruit Coniglio, etc. We're just not the team or club we were 2-3 seasons ago (ATM).
How could it not be still on going? It's not like someone is going to shut it down delete it and erase peoples memories of it because we are no longer favourites for every flag every year, not to mention the fact that there are still people that are experiencing headrogering of the highest order from hawthorn, hell there are people who are still headf**ked over 1980's. Pulling them up on it is still our job. Until all evidence of headf**kance has been wiped out this thread still has a role. While headf**koration continues this thread continues. When headf**kurity stops so too will this thread. When headf**kosity is at a minimum this thread might close. But people still remember and until they don't the headf**kment will continue. Agreed the headf**kality is lower than it was, but it continues in an underground ripple that might becomes a ground swell of headf**kness washing on the shores of headf**kville until every headf**k afflicted soul has drowned in their own headf**kedom.

B&GBlood

Premiership Player
Mar 19, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Just this week the "great wise men of football" were queing to critise Stratton for his niggle that not so long ago was lauded when similar or worse niggle was directed towards a Hawk ie Sis. There are many who forever remained Headf**ked because of what we have achieved over the last 60 years. The have pretty much all suffered because of our prolonged periods of success and mostly hate us for it.

Rushed_Behind

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2009
Buying Giraffes!!!
AFL Club
Hawthorn

We may not be the same team granted. But I won’t stand in silence when you say we’re not the same club.

This club has given me too much over the years and I won’t put up with it being sullied.

We are ALWAYS HAWTHORN

How could it not be still on going? It's not like someone is going to shut it down delete it and erase peoples memories of it because we are no longer favourites for every flag every year, not to mention the fact that there are still people that are experiencing headrogering of the highest order from hawthorn, hell there are people who are still headf**ked over 1980's. Pulling them up on it is still our job. Until all evidence of headf**kance has been wiped out this thread still has a role. While headf**koration continues this thread continues. When headf**kurity stops so too will this thread. When headf**kosity is at a minimum this thread might close. But people still remember and until they don't the headf**kment will continue. Agreed the headf**kality is lower than it was, but it continues in an underground ripple that might becomes a ground swell of headf**kness washing on the shores of headf**kville until every headf**k afflicted soul has drowned in their own headf**kedom.

Using Bigfooty as a guide there are many enjoying Hawthorn's current place on the ladder far too much to the point where they still show signs of being headf...ed.

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons

Don’t be surprised if the headf***ing starts to pick up a little just after round 14 when GWS has their bye 🤷🏽‍♂️

Feb 6, 2004
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Using Bigfooty as a guide there are many enjoying Hawthorn's current place on the ladder far too much to the point where they still show signs of being headf...ed.
Just reading the article on the Age this morning about Stratton's actions. Generally, footy articles get 10 comments if they are lucky, this one has 73! Some people even calling for him to get 6 weeks.

Toasted

All Australian
Jul 7, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Might be time to mothball this thread. People are no longer head*ed, their just enjoying our demise.
On the plus side, it won’t be long before we can bump it because I doubt we’ll be down for too long.

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
Might be time to mothball this thread. People are no longer head****ed, their just enjoying our demise.
On the plus side, it won’t be long before we can bump it because I doubt we’ll be down for too long.
You do realise that you don’t have to be on top to head**** with people right? I guess it’s the ones that don’t truly realise we’re we are at that would like to park this thread. Most of us make no illusions as to where we are at but it’s worth noting that things are not as dire as they seem and not as good as some would make out but more so somewhere in the middle.

Toasted

All Australian
Jul 7, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You do realise that you don’t have to be on top to head**** with people right? I guess it’s the ones that don’t truly realise we’re we are at that would like to park this thread. Most of us make no illusions as to where we are at but it’s worth noting that things are not as dire as they seem and not as good as some would make out but more so somewhere in the middle.

I know where we are at. We need to top up with 10-12 players of varying AFL standards in order to strengthen our list to a stage where we can challenge again. I know that we have lost our number 1 midfielder and that has had a huge effect on our depth in the middle. I know we are making massive plays for key players to help a speedy climb back up the ladder.
I just think that sometimes we are mistaking head**** for schadenfraude.

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
I know where we are at. We need to top up with 10-12 players of varying AFL standards in order to strengthen our list to a stage where we can challenge again. I know that we have lost our number 1 midfielder and that has had a huge effect on our depth in the middle. I know we are making massive plays for key players to help a speedy climb back up the ladder.
I just think that sometimes we are mistaking head**** for schadenfraude.

I think every club has a fan base of people that do that. It’s probably more prominent with us because we’ve been so successful for so long.

FWIW I think the head******* is actually happening more so now that we’re down which is proven by them all coming out of the woodwork. It’s the old cliche of ‘its easier to kick a man when he is down’. It’s funny how a lot of the jealous mofos weren’t big enough to say a thing when we were more dominant. It’s a different type of head******* but it’s still head*******.

Toasted

All Australian
Jul 7, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I think every club has a fan base of people that do that. It’s probably more prominent with us because we’ve been so successful for so long.

FWIW I think the head******* is actually happening more so now that we’re down which is proven by them all coming out of the woodwork. It’s the old cliche of ‘its easier to kick a man when he is down’. It’s funny how a lot of the jealous mofos weren’t big enough to say a thing when we were more dominant. It’s a different type of head******* but it’s still head*******.

Fair enough. I understand where your at.
I’d prefer to keep a low profile when we’re down and let the flogs get it out of there system. Then I’ll remind all those that are calling “Carlton closer to a flag than the hawks” when there wrong. As Hawthorn supporter, ive had the luxury of doing this many times over the years.

TylerDurden

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap
Mar 5, 2007
Lou's Tavern
AFL Club
Hawthorn

My phone's been blowing up since Friday. They smell blood. They've been waiting for this for a very long time. Get the feeling Fri night was a line in the sand moment on many fronts.

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
Fair enough. I understand where your at.
I’d prefer to keep a low profile when we’re down and let the flogs get it out of there system. Then I’ll remind all those that are calling “Carlton closer to a flag than the hawks” when there wrong. As Hawthorn supporter, ive had the luxury of doing this many times over the years.
I agree with everything you’ve said but just wanted to point out that the head******* is still happening and that things are not as dire as they seem. We obviously need to cut a fair bit of deadwood away from our team but this is not something I didn’t know last season.

I’m all for having this thread parked but at the same time I’ve always been about if your willing to dish it out then you should be willing to take it.

My phone's been blowing up since Friday. They smell blood. They've been waiting for this for a very long time. Get the feeling Fri night was a line in the sand moment on many fronts.

Just reinforces how head*ed they are/were

It won’t matter what happens going forward I’ve just enjoyed one of the most successful periods of all time of any club in the league.

The thought by the head*ed that we weren’t going to fall away at some point is amusing and for those who try to get in my face about that, get told that our “current form isn’t unexpected or surprising and If they ever get the chance to experience the level of success we have had then they will understand. Until then if it rocks your boat to be slamming my hawks rather than revelling in your own team, then I feel sorry for them”

Can we close this thread now?
Mate, I've got Bomber fans liking my posts in our Round 1 autopsy thread because I posted that we looked good and that I was excited about the year.

They're completely cooked.

Back