Player Watch #19 Tom Lynch - It’s Official - OP Updated with Lynchmond goodness!

Remove this Banner Ad

Lynch had multiple defenders on him all night but if he kicked straight,would have 4 goals on the board last night,missed some crucial ones in the first quarter but the bloke is quality,I’m backing him in.

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
I’m not here to argue with someone who can’t discuss the topic or bring anything to the table. Now go away as you’re wasting my time with dribble.
Discuss Lynch or bugger off.
Me too...offer something substantial instead of the poorly thought out and continuous scrapegoating of Lynch...

Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
Jack nor Tom should ever be played centre square ruck... It was stupid they dropped Balta for that game and played Jack in the Ruck. When Jack and Tom play they need to be further away from each other instead of being bunched up and competing for the same ball, and the midfiled needs to play to their (Jack & Tom) strengths
Very stupid indeed, but not as ridiculous as getting a 2m bloke who can’t ruck PT.

Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
Me too...offer something substantial instead of the poorly thought out and continuous scrapegoating of Lynch...
Rather than wasting your time on a footy forum all day trying to comprehend posts and then wasting others time with your nonsense I would suggest to enrol in an online beginners English course as it may put you in good stead in the long run. Your lack of comprehension is embarrassing .

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
pretty boy sat in the square looking at his reflection on the liniment oil on his arms.
Quality LOL...the point being what, that he prolly had to check he was actually visible cos the way we were collectively delivering the ball to him was atrocious....

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
Why get a FF who a couple of years ago was one of the top goal kickers in the league and put him in the ruck when he has knee issues? Tom Hawkins doesn't ruck is 198 he doesn't Ruck why should Lynch?
Players get injured trying to ruck...ask Grigg/Nank/JR...and i think THawkins use to have back issues so i guess geelol are carefull with their forwards..

Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
Your obviously seeing what you want to see with my previous posts, I said that Jack & Lynch shouldn't play Ruck...
Thrasher I edited my last post where you admitted he had knee issues. You’re now on my side and you’re totally unaware of it. Also my other issue with Lynch is that he lacks mongrel and killer instinct , but that’s not important at the moment.

Thrasher97

🏆🏆🏆
Jul 26, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Thrasher I edited my last post where you admitted he had knee issues. You’re now on my side and you’re totally unaware of it. Also my other issue with Lynch is that he lacks mongrel and killer instinct , but that’s not important at the moment.
No not on your side, your saying we shouln't have gotten Lynch I think he will get better, and your also said to play Chol and some other younger blokes over Lynch, I don;t agree with that, the only thing we can agree on is that Lynch has a knee issues/past knee issues and that Jack shouldn't ruck...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
No not on your side, your saying we shouln't have gotten Lynch I think he will get better, and your also said to play Chol and some other younger blokes over Lynch, I don;t agree with that, the only thing we can agree on is that Lynch has a knee issues/past knee issues and that Jack shouldn't ruck...
He’s not fit so why play him then? We should be looking at our kids if he’s not performing. The blokes I mentioned all can ruck as an extra bonus.

Meli

#gotiges
Aug 1, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
No bc the excuses being trotted out are he’s not fully fit.
He's not, but still a better option than the other guys you mentioned.
Lynch, while not performing to his best, is still creating a contest. I don't think you'll get that with the others. They're just not good enough, hence why they're not being picked.

Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
He's not, but still a better option than the other guys you mentioned.
Lynch, while not performing to his best, is still creating a contest. I don't think you'll get that with the others. They're just not good enough, hence why they're not being picked.
Lynch provides almost nothing at ground level and I believe the others would offer more especially giving Soldo a chop out

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Maybe our game style is wrong and needs to change to suit him also.
I'm not like Dimma who is happy for him to bring the ball to ground.
I want to see him lead up and take marks.
Dimma is going about it all wrong, if they only would lower their eyes and hit him lace out he might just work out.
I think Jack
s injury has thrown what plans we had with Lynch out the window.Lets wait till next year when both have had a free run at it during the pre-season before passing judgement.That would be the common sense approach.

69vintage

Premiership Player
Jan 15, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Lynch had multiple defenders on him all night but if he kicked straight,would have 4 goals on the board last night,missed some crucial ones in the first quarter but the bloke is quality,I’m backing him in.
Compare Lynch and Hawkins last night .
Lynch 1goal 2
2 out on the full
7 kicks
2 handballs
4 marks
2 tackles
Hawkins 4 goals 1
6 kicks
7 handballs
4 marks .
Lynch kicks straight we are having a very different conversation in here .
Double teamed most of the night hardly our worst last night .

On SM-A520F using BigFooty.com mobile app

muzhogg

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
No bc the excuses being trotted out are he’s not fully fit.

That's one of the "excuses" being given.

Another is lack of familiarity with the way we play and a lack of proper delivery -- both of which add up to Lynch not yet gelling with the rest of the team.

Problem is, we can only fix the second problem by giving the guy game time.

So I see it as one of those choices a team has to make: do you give the guy game time so as to work on structures knowing he might not perform at 100%, or do you rest him to get his body right knowing that you're loosing opportunity to mould him into the team.

This is why I said in my previous post that I'm on board with the idea of not playing a guy whose body isn't quite right but I can still see good reason to play Lynch regardless.

In any case, I think the simple fact is that AFL players are hardly ever at 100% it's more a question of whether they are good enough and whether there are options. In Lynch's case I think he (and the club) think he's good enough. I don't think we have realistic options -- if we had picked Chol or CCJ I reckon we'd be having a similar discussion about why they are playing and not Lynch.

Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
That's one of the "excuses" being given.

Another is lack of familiarity with the way we play and a lack of proper delivery -- both of which add up to Lynch not yet gelling with the rest of the team.

Problem is, we can only fix the second problem by giving the guy game time.

So I see it as one of those choices a team has to make: do you give the guy game time so as to work on structures knowing he might not perform at 100%, or do you rest him to get his body right knowing that you're loosing opportunity to mould him into the team.

This is why I said in my previous post that I'm on board with the idea of not playing a guy whose body isn't quite right but I can still see good reason to play Lynch regardless.

In any case, I think the simple fact is that AFL players are hardly ever at 100% it's more a question of whether they are good enough and whether there are options. In Lynch's case I think he (and the club) think he's good enough. I don't think we have realistic options -- if we had picked Chol or CCJ I reckon we'd be having a similar discussion about why they are playing and not Lynch.
Most of what you’ve stated is fine, but I would rather see where all the others are at and put games into them over risking an unfit player. Also Chol is at the crossroads and this is a perfect opportunity to see if he’s at the level

muzhogg

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Most of what you’ve stated is fine, but I would rather see where all the others are at and put games into them over risking an unfit player. Also Chol is at the crossroads and this is a perfect opportunity to see if he’s at the level

I wouldn't think it a bad idea to give Chol a bit of a run to see how he handles it -- could be make or break for the big fella -- and it would make sense at this point to rest Lynch (actually, it would have made sense a few weeks ago).

I don't think we're far off agreement on this, only I'm a little more persuaded of the "pro-Lynch" arguments than you are at this point.

I'd like to suggest that dropping Lynch for Chol could really hurt our chances of winning games but that probably isn't the best argument to use at the minute. :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back