Preview Rnd 12 - Carlton v Brisbane Sat 8th June 1.45PM @ Etihad - Team Post #319 *Stocker injured, not dropped

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bishops-2017-draft-thread.1162459/

Pick 10: Carlton – Lochie O’BRIEN

Outside Midfielder (Bendigo Pioneers/Vic Country)
18/09/1999 | 184.0cm | 77.4kg

Scouting notes: Classy outside midfielder who is likened to former Roo and Saint Nick Dal Santo. Uses the ball well on his left foot and possesses elite speed which can help him burst away on the outside at speed. Impressed last year for Vic Country as a bottom-ager playing on the wing, a position that allows for him to be a receiever on the outside where he can clear the ball via a pinpoint pass. A good decision maker and is someone you want to have the ball in their hands. If he can win a bit more contested ball he should be able to mould into a damaging wingman/half back.
This was Bishops assessment of O'Brien in his draft year and on the mark at least from my observations of him.
Unfortunately some of those traits mentioned aren't being utilised to best effect. That may now change under Teague. Who knows?
So Bishop thought he may make for a half-back. Mmmmm. He may be onto something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys
Pick 10: Carlton – Lochie O’BRIEN

Outside Midfielder (Bendigo Pioneers/Vic Country)
18/09/1999 | 184.0cm | 77.4kg

Scouting notes: Classy outside midfielder who is likened to former Roo and Saint Nick Dal Santo. Uses the ball well on his left foot and possesses elite speed which can help him burst away on the outside at speed. Impressed last year for Vic Country as a bottom-ager playing on the wing, a position that allows for him to be a receiever on the outside where he can clear the ball via a pinpoint pass. A good decision maker and is someone you want to have the ball in their hands. If he can win a bit more contested ball he should be able to mould into a damaging wingman/half back.

This was Bishops assessment of O'Brien in his draft year and on the mark at least from my observations of him.
Unfortunately some of those traits mentioned aren't being utilised to best effect. That may now change under Teague. Who knows?
So Bishop thought he may make for a half-back. Mmmmm. He may be onto something.
I have no doubt he'll be a player, seen enough last year.

BuxbaumBixby

Team Captain
Apr 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Has anything come out re extent of Stocker's injury?

Assume there's nothing going on with Murph not being in the side? - sounded like he was going to be available?

I really want to see Gibbons spend some time in the midfield, and I want guys like Dow to play to their strengths (run 20, kick 60 and turn their defence around), and i want to see our back six pull the trigger and get some defensive transfers happening with speed rather than slow and painful (albeit with risk with our quality of kicking).

F_therest

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Has anything come out re extent of Stocker's injury?

Assume there's nothing going on with Murph not being in the side? - sounded like he was going to be available?

I really want to see Gibbons spend some time in the midfield, and I want guys like Dow to play to their strengths (run 20, kick 60 and turn their defence around), and i want to see our back six pull the trigger and get some defensive transfers happening with speed rather than slow and painful (albeit with risk with our quality of kicking).

Well given Teague has been preaching players play to their strengths, i'd imagine Gibbons will get decent midfield time since that's his strength.

Just gotta try to keep the ball away from Marchy and Plowman when kicking out of defence ;)

Getting married today. Hopefully the boys can come through with a win to top the day off.

I........ take Juddalenko to be my lawful wedded co-captain, from this round forth. In fitness and in injuries, for premierships, for wooden spoons, til SOS do us part. Amen.

Congrats and good luck!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back