Recommitted Sydney Stack [has re-signed with Richmond]

Remove this Banner Ad

Not going anywhere

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-06-03/stacks-on-highflying-hardhitting-tiger-the-latest-rising-star

"Everyone at the club has been so welcoming. Richmond is pretty much family to me now. I just want to repay them for giving me a chance," he said.

Stack, whose manager Peos will enter talks on a contract extension during the Tigers' bye in round 14, is enjoying learning the AFL caper in defence but would eventually love to move into the midfield.

#winning

I haven't seen a lot of Sydney Stack but they played a few highlights of him on one of the footy shows on Monday night and gee he looks very very impressive in those glimpses. One piece of play shown was a kick inside 50 to a player on the lead, it was a low bullet pass that never got more than 2-3 meters off the ground over about 40 meters, it was Chris Johnson like.

If the Tigers get the development and welfare side of it right he will be an elite player IMO.

Will enter contract negotiations..
Does not equal definetly staying

Let’s see what cap space Richmond have to offer him.

I would be comfortable if north offered him 450k a year
North could offer him $450k even $600k and if he did decide to leave you would have to trade for him , He wont be cheap any longer
clearly was a top 10 pick last year that the clubs including richmond should not have passed on him multiple times

Richmond giving him a chance would mean alot to stack and with Rioli , Bolton , Edwards , Egg-Smith , Pikett at the club he wont be looking to move any time soon

If ever i was confident a player wont be leaving its with this kid

Amazing story and a great kid. Also a very useful footballer. Add a few kgs and he'll move straight into the middle. Will be worth a lot in a few years. But sometimes first year form doesn't translate. Still it's a good news story, and I just like that he got his chance and grabbed it with both hands.

Will enter contract negotiations..
Does not equal definetly staying

Let’s see what cap space Richmond have to offer him.

I would be comfortable if north offered him 450k a year

You’re offering 450k for a 19 year old who has played less than 10 games, and who has had significant off-field issues?

I’m not sure many North fans want you anywhere near list management in that case.

North could offer him $450k even $600k and if he did decide to leave you would have to trade for him , He wont be cheap any longer
clearly was a top 10 pick last year that the clubs including richmond should not have passed on him multiple times

Richmond giving him a chance would mean alot to stack and with Rioli , Bolton , Edwards , Egg-Smith , Pikett at the club he wont be looking to move any time soon

If ever i was confident a player wont be leaving its with this kid
On talent alone, he was definitely top 10 as you said. In terms of mids in this draft, only Walsh, Smith and Caldwell were better midfield prospects.
Just that no clubs were willing to risk him being the best Bennell/Yarran - paying huge dividends for Richmond now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we just put some rumours to bed.
He didnt and has never had issues with alchol and/or drugs.
He was dropped from the WA teams because of his family circumstances and not being able to get to training on time.
He was dropped from the aus team because he was eating his lunch when Brenton Sanderson was having a meeting with him.
His issue was professionalism.

You’re offering 450k for a 19 year old who has played less than 10 games, and who has had significant off-field issues?

I’m not sure many North fans want you anywhere near list management in that case.
Dogs offered a 19 year old with less than 10 games a million dollars a year.

Stack will stay - Hardwick showed a lot of faith in picking this kid up. Great move.

He was dropped from the WA teams because of his family circumstances and not being able to get to training on time.
He was dropped from the aus team because he was eating his lunch when Brenton Sanderson was having a meeting with him.
Yeh I don’t think it’s that simple

tenor (1).gif

Sentimentality aside, on the talent he’s showed so far he’d be worth 500k (perhaps more) on the open market.

Doubt Richmond would have budgeted more than 300k pa for his next contract. That’s a big gap.

Anyone know who Stack’s manager is?

Former eagle Paul Peos

Reckon clubs and players need to start thinking outside the box.why not sign a 1 year contract for say 350k ? With easy triggers for the next year?

The Player gets over market value while the club gets wiggle room if he wants out or gets home sick ?

Reckon clubs and players need to start thinking outside the box.why not sign a 1 year contract for say 350k ? With easy triggers for the next year?

The Player gets over market value while the club gets wiggle room if he wants out or gets home sick ?
Kids like Setterfield are already getting $400k before they start playing. Someone like Cerra you imagine would be the same, Scrimshaw, Brodie, Ainsworth similar, Walsh probably signed for more. All clubs have now been forced to already pay at least that amount

Remove this Banner Ad

Back