Random Discussion Thread 141- Powered by <redacted>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abed

Cancelled
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
How good are the sport watching options tonight?!

PS. C'mon Barty!

Spoon_Man

Club Legend
Mar 6, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Vikings, USC
Even though she was playing a 17 year old, she still showed mental toughness in the second and third sets.. If that was Stosur losing the first set like Barty did, she would have lost the second set 6-0.

Losing a set from 5-0 up in 14 minutes. Ugly from Barty. Surely loses the match from here.
Mate was very worried after that

She’s tough as nails is our Ash

Luuuc

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx
Mate was very worried after that

She’s tough as nails is our Ash
Ain't it refreshing to have an aussie tennis player who is both talented and not a complete douchebag. Love me some Barty.

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Anyone using Amazon Prime Video? Any good?
Have run out of things I want to watch on Stan and looks like there's some good stuff coming out on amazon in the next few months. Seems pretty cheap too.

Spoon_Man

Club Legend
Mar 6, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Vikings, USC
My birthday present to myself today is watching the 2018 Grand Final in a dimly lit room.
tenor.gif

Would this be a boilover, or not so much? I thought GSW were meant to be super dominant, but they don't even have home court advantage, so have Toronto had a better season?

Quick check of the NBA standings
1) Raptors with home court advantage due to having just one more win than GSW
2) Western conference (GSW) far more competitive than Eastern conference (Raptors) based on W/L of all teams

But that’s a guess as I don’t follow the NBA

Would this be a boilover, or not so much? I thought GSW were meant to be super dominant, but they don't even have home court advantage, so have Toronto had a better season?

GWS had a few injuries, but no one even expected Toronto to make it this far to begin with.

A few shades of West Coast coming from nowhere to win the flag last year.

Quick check of the NBA standings
1) Raptors with home court advantage due to having just one more win than GSW
2) Western conference (GSW) far more competitive than Eastern conference (Raptors) based on W/L of all teams

But that’s a guess as I don’t follow the NBA

That’s a lot of it. The other part is that the Warriors cruise to a large degree in the regular season because the talent gulf between them and the rest of the league is laughable. They just have to get to the playoffs healthy and they have enough evidence to know they’ll just roll through everyone.

The Warriors not giving much of a *, with a much harder schedule, still results in about the same season as a peak Raptors regular season.

This is a significant boil over. Yesterday was the first time in I believe 1110 days that the Warriors were not the favourites for the Championship.

GWS had a few injuries, but no one even expected Toronto to make it this far to begin with.

A few shades of West Coast coming from nowhere to win the flag last year.

It’s not quite as West Coast as 2018 West Coast. Toronto were the #1 seed in the East last year and have been a strong team for years, but always find comical and heartbreaking ways to mess up in the playoffs.

They were the #1 seed last year and had their coach win Coach of the Year, then they ran into LeBron (again) and got eliminated (again) so the team said enough’s enough. Sacked the coach, made a ballsy trade for Kawhi Leonard on the last year of his deal, (even though it may have been selling the farm for only one year of Kawhi) and have been at another level this year. Would be an incredible way to win their first ever Finals.

Luuuc

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx
Foolish of Curry to expend so much effort in a losing cause (without Klay) in game 3. I reckon that cost them today's game, and possibly the title. Not that it's over now, and not that the Raptors couldn't still win it if it was 2-2 right now, but this thing is looking over now unless KD somehow comes good in the next 48 hours.

HT is now posting in the podcast thread which is scary because that means he is ever so closer to clicking into this thread.

That’s when my world collapses.
Not anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back