VFL 2019 GFC VFL - The Bankers Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
At the moment, yes.
I would not make any calls on him until later in the 2020 season.

I haver seen a few kids struggle in their first year, looking way off the pace, only to play AFL the following year.

There must be a reason why he was picked..guys like Hamling and others have looked poor in y1.. It the rolling stone draft dialogue ..Time is on his side..yes it is..

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
The Indigenous kid comes to mind (cannot recall his name) who played for the Cats a few years ago and then went back to SA.
He was ordinary in his first year, but improved late. In his second season he played AFL but had some personal issues or something and did not play again the following season.

He looked really a long way off..with conditioning as well Y1.. the funny thing you can see a glimpse here or there in Kelly of what he might have been

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Brad hartman went from one of the worst vfl players I have seen to afl quality. Could have been something special
The improvement was massive ay. Against the Hawks one game he looked like a star.
Can blame GHS (apparently) for him not realizing his potential.

Mar 27, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Miers for example
The Indigenous kid comes to mind (cannot recall his name) who played for the Cats a few years ago and then went back to SA.
He was ordinary in his first year, but improved late. In his second season he played AFL but had some personal issues or something and did not play again the following season.

Miers was playing better than Jarvis at the same stage but was still a fair bit off it. But just shows kids can develop at different rates. I think both the SA kids we got this year, Jarvis and Kennerley, will require a bit of time but will be good in the end.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Yeah just like Hayball and how did that end

In a list of 40 odd players half will end like that.. and at times last year there would have been people saying taht about Miers in the VFL , that his future was far from assured.

In each draft id say you need 1 player min, once you get two youare starting to have a good draft ..after two you are really starting to move into a list defining draft.

Drunkcat

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 31, 2018
Wagga Wagga
AFL Club
Geelong
In a list of 40 odd players half will end like that.. and at times last year there would have been people saying taht about Miers in the VFL , that his future was far from assured.

In each draft id say you need 1 player min, once you get two youare starting to have a good draft ..after two you are really starting to move into a list defining draft.
Well Miers kicked 20 goals last year so you would say give him 1 more year, vs a kid that the most disposals he has had in 5 games is 5

GHS caressed his sister through the covers apparently and it started ****.
Just a rumor I heard though.
If she was over 18 then it sounds like Brad needed to grow up.
She can make her own choices (if true)

D8gst6xUwAAZN6u.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back