Review Round 12, 2019 - Carlton vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Carlton?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lost at the deciding-whether-to-tag-Cripps table. Not sure why we even have that table, the answer to that question should really just be regarded as being "yes".

Not having Berry hurt a lot, especially after Zorko was injured. Charlie tried hard given he was sore too.

Linc, Archie, Cam cannot hold their spots on that.
Votes for Harro, Neale, Answerth, Lyons, and, um. Rich maybe.

DrummoSolo

All Australian
Feb 8, 2010
Geelong
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Aston Villa
Would go a vote for Andrews. One for Zorko who at least slugged his guts out despite the injury. And one for McStay who actually looked like the only threatening forward today.

I have nothing positive to say for the rest.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Well boys you were 37 points up and then stopped. Can’t blame the match committee for this one. Carlton turned up the heat and we just stood back and watched.

Wouldn’t have hurt to put some more time into Cripps either.

Take a long look into the warrior eyes of Kevin Murray tonight boys and then let it fester for two weeks. You had the opportunity to turn his 50th anniversary into a joyous celebration. Now it is a wake.

Oct 8, 2018
Hobart
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Tassie Devils, Tasmania JackJumpers
Not to be that person who blames losses on team selection because that's super easy in hindsight. In saying that, I respect the coaches decisions, but are we really supposed to believe that Keays, Walker and OMac aren't good enough for this team but Archie Smith, Rayner and Nick Robertson are? Correct me if I’m wrong, because O might still be sore from the game in the West, but even so, we could’ve done with his forward presence.

Lachie Neale needs some help in the middle (and some help from the umpires) and quickly.

So hard to get a read on Lyons. Last week he was immense, and then is out of it for the majority of this game. Unsure why he had the job on Cripps when he is not a defensive midfielder at. all.

Don’t even get me started on Martin and Matho missing those easy shots from right in front. Amateur hour.

Sick of seeing opposition players taking uncontested marks in their fwd 50 then our boys stand around and blame each other for not contesting. They all need to take some ******* responsibility.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sausages

HIGH PRIEST IN THE TEMPLE OF GG/SNSD
Feb 27, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
Well. I'm not shocked nor upset.

This was a side that were 2 goals up against the Pies with about 6 minutes to play a few weeks ago.

Yes, it hurts.
Yes, it sucks.

But FMD, we got obliterated by this same club in Round 8 2001....and we all know what happened after that.

Perspective dudes - we've let another one slip, but this is what builds RAGE.

And RAGE IS GOOD :D

Oct 31, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Cripps has been tagged the last few weeks and has been non existent. Nick Robertson should have ran with him like curnow did neale. Chris Fagan let that slip and not completely but certainly contributed to the loss.

Time to drop rayner and hipwood. Dickhead attitude last week wanting signatures shows an ego overload. Witherden is also not up to it. Slower than Hodge.

davemc_lions

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
As said in last thread go 2 rucks drop walker.
Neither can play forward. Rather go Martin and Walker was ruck as least Walker can play forward
Do not have a plan B when blues get going or Freo or Crows or dogs or anyone.
Nothing changed would of thrown McStay back even though he was our only forward showing something. Or hipwood as went missing again
Leave Lyons on Cripps when not working
No leadership in mid Neale has no help

davemc_lions

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
One for the Negatives thread- We only recently extended Archie's contract to 2021. IMO he has had enough time to show his worth, offers zero around the ground.
Sorry to say he was found out and I was thinking the same. Ballenden or Fullerton give more around the ground
Although hate the 2 ruck thing

FLVanLandingham

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Momentum is a hell of a drug..

I just feel sorry for Andrews and Neale fronting the morning shows tomorrow :( They at least did their part.

Miz23

Draftee
Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I think we really missed Berry out there when Neale got shut down. No one else was able to step up and missed a leader in the Mid. I really think Cam Rayner needs a spell in the NEAFL. I think Big O was missed in the second half more then anything because we had absolutely nothing going for us when kicking to a pack on the wing or even inside 50. I personally expect a few changes for the next game because this is the type of game that really hurts a team. Going to have to show a lot to back this up with a good performance

Back